Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Hell yeah I get excited for every last one of them and in all honesty none of them have been out right bad in my eyes.

I thought Suicide Squad was pretty bad. I liked some of the characters/actors/actresses but the story was weak and the editing was trash. But it's rewatchable I guess. MCU has a few trash movies too. FOX has plenty. :francis:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Zack Snyder Hints at What Was Planned for 'Justice League 2'

While many fans have debated the quality of the first major crossover movie from DC Films, there's no question that the post-credit scene of Justice League stirred up some excitement.

But the writing is on the wall that director Zack Snyder's time in the superhero cinematic universe has come to an end, so we shouldn't expect to see his take on Lex Luthor united Deathstroke and other villains to take on the League. That's probably why Snyder has no problem talking about what he had planned for the potential sequel to Justice League.

A fan pointed out on Vero, Snyder's social media platform of choice, that there are three crosses in the background of Superman's death scene in the Ultimate Cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Snyder then pointed out that this scene was a stealth reference to the events that could have been Justice League 2.

Unfortunately, he uses the hashtag of "#untilitwasnt," meaning those plans are unlikely to ever come to fruition.

What could those crosses have meant? Could they have a reference to the New Gods, who were introduced via Steppenwolf in Justice League and figured to play a prominent role in what was supposed to be a two-part movie?

More importantly, will we ever find out what could have been?

Snyder has been speaking out more candidly on Vero about his dismissal from the production of Justice League and what he originally intended. It's unlikely that he'll ever work with the studio again, and it seems like he's come to terms with that fact.

For their own part, Warner Bros. seems to have moved on from the director, who used to be the architect of their budding cinematic universe. They seem content to let directors like Patty Jenkins, David F. Sandberg, and Matt Reeves chart the future of DC Films.

It was also revealed that Ava DuVernay will be helming a New Gods movie, fresh off of the release of Disney's A Wrinkle in Time. Despite Snyder's departure, DC Films seems to be moving forward without him.

What do you think those three crosses represent, and how would they have set up Justice League 2? Let us know in the comments!

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
One thing youre leaving out is the existence of the M C U. Had the DCEU been launched and there was no Marvel, these movies would've probably made more money and got more praise.

The problem however, is everything DC puts out is being compared to Marvel. At this point even having the most iconic characters hasn't helped DC. Why? Because Marvel has turned their most obscure and unknown characters into household names. Iron Man and captain America are on the same pedestal as super man and Batman on the big screen. And in May ways have surpassed them.

Another advantage Marvel has is they took the position of having to use the least popular characters and marketed them into brand new characters. And it works because of the fact that most people didn't know who they were.

Batman on the other hand feels dated at times. And so does super man.

Wonder Woman worked because she was never on the big screen before. She was considered new and fresh. And when marketing to millinials, you don't want to put out something that feels old.

I won't say that. Quality matters. Nolan series made $$ cause they were all good to classic. Green Lantern was cheeks and the excitement of BVS and Suicide Squad got folks in the doors but then the audience realized WB was content to trash to mediocrity they stopped coming.

And the problem is they started off bad so there was no built in loyalty. Marvel didn't tank cause IM2, IM3, Thor 2, AOU were trash cause they had the Nas/Jay-Z effect....they were so good for so long they were just blips on the radar not an indictment of the whole universe.

One of their biggest mistakes was there no build-up to any tension when it came to an end of world or life and death scenario they jump right in the Doomsday in the second film and jump right into the mother boxes with no buildup to any sort of finality.

That this was the end of world event so you didn't care if anybody died or lived in that you take into account watching Infinity war and its trailer and you have a collective built-in caring of these characters over the course of 10 years you generally are scared someone that you watched over this course of time could die. They gave Thanos the Boogie Man effect. Wait until they do the same with Dr. Doom, Galactus and Apocalypse. Imagine if WB did something similar to Darkseid, Doomsday or Brainiac.

This is 2018 and fans have too much access with social media and can single handidly make or break their box office and their properties to be done well that they'll settle for mediocrity anymore. And Marvel for the most part gets it.

Affleck and crew seem like they're stuck in prison....the Marvel cast seems like it's fun to do these movies. And it shows on screen. This even shows with Netflix....Iron Fist was booty as was Defenders but their tight guiding hand makes sure there is no disruption.

Batman, Superman especially have the mark of the beast. Now you may have some fanboys who like to play the whole Marvel/DC favoritism thing but 99% didn't. They wanted greatness and they fell short. And now without dramatic changes they're fukked.

Hopefully Aquaman, Shazam and WW2 fix this. They should hold off for a long time on JL2. shyt...it's not out of the stretch of imagination to use Aquaman and WW2 to start all over.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I liked Snyder doing these flicks. I never got the hate.

It's crazy how he has been one of WB's go-to directors for years, and WB just drops him because of THEIR failure.

It's a cold world indeed. :mjcry:

IMHO he needs to do more Pacific Rim/Transformers material and stay away from movies like this.

If they ever did Voltron he's perfect.

Last edited:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right to this moment I don't know how the studio okayed him to cast an old Affleck has Batman.
That shyt is ridiculous. And as far as both Whedon or Zack they're equally trash maybe you'll get a good fight scene with Zack for the most part and Affleck coming on board and hiring his own writer to rework the script and it still is ass cheeks.

Curious how bad the original script by Zack and Goyer was.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I won't say that. Quality matters. Nolan series made $$ cause they were all good to classic. Green Lantern was cheeks and the excitement of BVS and Suicide Squad got folks in the doors but then the audience realized WB was content to trash to mediocrity they stopped coming.

This is wrong. Wonder Woman was after that SS trash and it broke records. Wonder Woman was a huge success. The reason why nobody went to see Justice League including myself is because with Whedon taking over and the studio being involved it was guaranteed to be garbage.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
This is wrong. Wonder Woman was after that SS trash and it broke records. Wonder Woman was a huge success. The reason why nobody went to see Justice League including myself is because with Whedon taking over and the studio being involved it was guaranteed to be garbage.

It's also cause WW was good. SS was :trash:...the damn previews for JL were awful.

The name Snyder had this flick loosened.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's also cause WW was good. SS was :trash:...the damn previews for JL were awful.

The name Snyder had this flick loosened.

Snyder had a story credit for Wonder Woman and ghost directed some of the scenes. He was on set helping Patty Jenkins out. JL was an entirely different movie than what it was supposed to be and therefore with the Whedonism of it.. no interest.