Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
People are just going to have to accept that when comics are made into movies that they'll deviate from the source material. I thought Marvel would be the ones to really stick to it but I guess it's all about what works for a movie.
Sure Marvel deviate plenty but they still capture the essence of the character which is paramount. And on top of that we always have our heroes face a dilemma they have to overcome but its executed with human sensibilities (more than superhero) which is why the audience care. I dont really know what the DCEU were attempting with MoS, BvS,SS or JL

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sure Marvel deviate plenty but they still capture the essence of the character which is paramount. And on top of that we always have our heroes face a dilemma they have to overcome but its executed with human sensibilities (more than superhero) which is why the audience care. I dont really know what the DCEU were attempting with MoS, BvS,SS or JL
That's what was going on in MOS and BvS

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
That's what was going on in MOS and BvS
Execution was sorely lacking tho, they didnt capture the essence of superman for a lot of ppl so that was a nonststarter. Cant buy any heroes journey when you arent even buying the character in the 1st place. And having batman be this gung ho brute was cool i guess but how did he get that way? Just because of the 9/11 scene? Too drastic..They only told us not show us why which is the worse mistake you can make narrative wise. Cuz it just leaves audiences disconnected

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Execution was sorely lacking tho, they didnt capture the essence of superman for a lot of ppl so that was a nonststarter. Cant buy any heroes journey when you arent even buying the character in the 1st place. And having batman be this gung ho brute was cool i guess but how did he get that way? Just because of the 9/11 scene? Too drastic..They only told us not show us why which is the worse mistake you can make narrative wise. Cuz it just leaves audiences disconnected
Didn't work some but it worked for others.
I'm a Superman fan, and I was very invested into Zach's take on Superman. It wasn't about who he is but why he became who he is. JL sort of rushed through it to give people that silver age Supes that people wanted.

As far as Batman goes, he has already been through a lot and just gotten more bitter with time (I'm guessing Robin's death probably sent him over the edge) and Superman popping up and wrecking the city while fighting Zod was just another layer added to his bitterness.

I got to watch the movie again to really refresh my memory on what happened before I can speak on the film in-depth

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why leave the audience to fill in the blanks? The whole purpose of a shared universe was for audiences to invest in the journey of the heroes and you start a universe with your main headliner coming to an end of his journey. Really? A journey that the audience hasn't seen and can only speculate on.

Imagine Iron Man appearing in Captain America's sequel and he's all flabby and sick trying to go against him.

This is the biggest cinema choke job of any era.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Didn't work some but it worked for others.
I'm a Superman fan, and I was very invested into Zach's take on Superman. It wasn't about who he is but why he became who he is. JL sort of rushed through it to give people that silver age Supes that people wanted.

As far as Batman goes, he has already been through a lot and just gotten more bitter with time (I'm guessing Robin's death probably sent him over the edge) and Superman popping up and wrecking the city while fighting Zod was just another layer added to his bitterness.

I got to watch the movie again to really refresh my memory on what happened before I can speak on the film in-depth
you have just made my point, guess work for such a pivotal event in the characterization of the batman they were selling us. 75% of his actions in the film was rooted from something that was very vaguely alluded to, thats inexcusable

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Actually:mjgrin:

He still is around but just got a different name (alias):bryan:

He's crossed a couple of yall paths but he hasnt been as evident or over the top.:myman:

I wont blow his spot up (cuz I was last week but then was like "na... fukk it, let him live since he being on some humble piece shyt":lolbron:)

But just stay woke:russ:

Martha
him and starscream still lurking in their dirty ass robes :mjlol:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Why leave the audience to fill in the blanks? The whole purpose of a shared universe was for audiences to invest in the journey of the heroes and you start a universe with your main headliner coming to an end of his journey. Really? A journey that the audience hasn't seen and can only speculate on.

Imagine Iron Man appearing in Captain America's sequel and he's all flabby and sick trying to go against him.

This is the biggest cinema choke job of any era.
This, they essentially said we will go from point A to C and Y to Z and lets hope the audience (being as well versed with the IP as they are) will fill in the missing details in between. What a farce

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you have just made my point, guess work for such a pivotal event in the characterization of the batman they were selling us. 75% of his actions in the film was rooted from something that was very vaguely alluded to, thats inexcusable
As a fan of in medias res, I don't mind it. For me, I find it fun and intriguing having a backstory unfold in bits in pieces. Might be why I like the Star Wars EU

If it don't work for you fine but it works for me.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Imagine if they had did the following

-Man of Steel
-Batman solo..soft intro with Lex and Bruce after end of Man of Steel with a real Lex. Ease in Superman on how Bruce shouldn't trust Lex.
-Man of Steel 2 with Braniac.
-Wonder Woman Solo
-Green Lantern solo. Introduce the Corps as well
- Aquaman solo.
- Martin Man Hunter solo.
- Flash solo

Could slide Guardian in there at some point.

Then Justice League.

After that you could do
- Suicide Squad (proper one)
-Teen Titans
- Cyborg
- Lobo ( ala Deadpool). Would have been a good way to have a tongue in cheek flick to break the mold of seriousness.
- Death of Superman with a proper Doomsday.

But nah....that's asking too much.

Last edited: