Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it
My deep thoughts on the movie, not really a review. Spoilers for longness
I feel like this movie is a culmination of the attitude and poor handling mr. me too approach of DC rushing out their animated universe to copy marvels. Obviously both are business but looking at universe vs universe it truly shows the art/creation/ideation vs cashgrab ideals of Marvel Vs DC.

A movie like this is supposed to be a payoff/progression of the CU. 3 of the League characters are only debuting in THIS movie. That's either half or over half depending on how you're counting it. Wonder woman only established her mythos THIS year. It makes this teamup so uninspiring and JL suffers and sort of contributes to lingering superhero fatigue from the disappointment of the Defenders: Superhero teamups where the only fun is seeing them appear together is wack. For Avengers it was the right time because it wasn't overdone and they established each character before teaming them up even if it resulted in flops. It made it all worth something and rewards fans with character interaction and callbacks.

What sucks is I kinda see the Snyder in the movie and it makes me think maybe they were better off letting him do his thing and letting the universe bubble slowly. There were so many in-universe plotlines that hang around this story that sound epic when the characters reference or react to them but don't impact you as a viewer due to the poor handling of the CU

Best example is the very first scene. They show a video of kids talking to Superman which starts the theme of "The World misses and needs superman" which would honestly be a dope tone for the movie. It's just that in the timeframe of the DCCU there hasn't been a single movie set in the time without superman. We haven't seen any instance of the heroes or humanity struggling without him. WW was a origin story set in the past that cashed in on Batman vs Superman's debut of her. Flash and Aquaman will undoubtedly be set in their respective pasts, lord knows if Cyborg even gets a movie. It pretty much guarantees no time will pass in universe by the time of the next JL flick where a new big bad shows up to unleash a horde of aliens and even more superheros show up to fight him.

Their precedent of unceremoniously debuting these characters in crossover movies so they have a better shot of making money on the origin story kinda bit them in the ass hard in this movie and whats worse is they'll probably have to roll with it in the future. How much better would it be if Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg's origin flicks all happened during the time superman was dead? What if those and maybe another movie would make "Superman is dead" an arc culminating in this movie? The sad thing is throughout the movie you get the feeling that somebody writing the script had exactly that in mind.

Something more random thoughts/semi review
-The fight scenes were well done, the most satisfying part of the movie.
- IDK why people complain about CGI this looked good.
- This movie really makes me appreciate the humor that a lot of people claim is overdone in marvel films. It's one thing to have humor, another for it to be actually funny. There were some pretty good jokes like aquaman and the lasso, but so much of it was cheesy.
- Wonder Woman kicked ass in this. Love how she was the glue to the team, idk if she had this dynamic in the cartoon but it's a great touch to her character. I like how they made references to her origin movie, it's a shame they couldnt do that more
- Flash was the worst character. For the record I like the idea of him being a rookie flash, makes him seem less op with his clumsiness. But his introduction was rushed as hell and he wasn't that funny as the designated joke character. The way he runs is fugly as hell but hopefully him improving his form becomes a character arc in a later movie? :yeshrug:
- Batman: This movie really highlights his uselessness in Justice League You know I never liked JL as a kid and Batman being on there was a big reason why. I always felt he should only be in his own self contained universe in Gotham where he could put in work and was a threat. In JL he was there just to be there, after getting clowned by everyone with powers he'd fight and struggle with the thug level hordes while looking up every so often to see his teammates doing important shyt like chuck a car or shooting a laser beam at the important villain.
- Batfleck was cool. He is probably the GOAT bruce wayne but as Batman it's too hard to tell. Whenever batman is in a DC crossover he retains none of the mysteriousness, meance and batman-ish qualities from his Gotham protrayals. Among the other superhero's he's more looked at like a prickly toddler. Evident from scene where he's arguing with WW
- Aquaman would have definitely been the biggest beneficiary of having a movie before starring in JL. There's so many questions with his character and Atlantis, I'm sure most people aren't familiar with his backstory or abilities and the movie did little to help outside of a straight up explanation of the talking to fish shyt :laugh: The atlantis scene was just confusion. Ironically I don't think more scenes fleshing him would help do anything but bloat the movie, he had the right amount of time dedicated to his story, there is only so much. Him not having a pre-established backstory really doomed his inclusion to a lose lose situation.
- Had 0 expectations for Cyborg....he was alright. His character arc ran parallel to the movie's overall plot. His one liners were kinda cheese and his personality was kinda flat aside from the angst. The idea of his suit constantly upgrading is kinda badass too.
- Superman: Lame and wack, not stronger than Goku
Naw but really his revival fight was one of the best scenes in the entire movie.
- Steppenwolf: ancient monster arrives with no warning along with infinite alien soldiers..... He was powerful but wack. And as a villain it's wack how he stopped being a threat immediately after superman appears. It's the other thing I always hated about JL: there is no point of them being a team. Superman is so OP that every struggle they have while he breathes feels convoluted, he coulda beat steppenwolf in an instant. Him and Batman are on polar opposite sides of the superhero scale, every reason as to why superman would need his help is either dripped in kryptonite or goofy as shyt
- CW flash effects are really so much better than this movie's lol
-I'd give it a 6/10

Last edited:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I can appreciate all you guys admiration for Snyder with all the “man they should’ve just let him do his thing”

But for me..... after Sucker Punch and knowing if he had control of a Batman origin story he’d have Bruce Wayne in prison getting gangraped and sucking dikks.......

It’s kinda difficult for me to trust Snyder and put too much faith in him.

And I absolutely loved 300 and really liked Watchmen.

Martha

I absolutley hate the way these movies look:scust:

I might be alone in that thinking but they really need to get someone new at the helm. Give us something that looks brighter and more crisp,more cartoonish.

The Marvel DC comparisons aren't even fair really since DC is stuck on stupid trying to appeal to adults before children:mjlol:. That worked for the Batman Nolan movies,and they haven't pulled their head out of their asses since I guess. They really should focus on the kids with majority of these characters in particular outside of Batman,not sure why its so hard for them to seperate the two. Only reason I can guess is that they have no confidence in the other DC characters and feel like Batman has to be the flag ship. But honestly I think its good that this flopped,and that Batman is actually might be at the bottom of the roster in terms of standouts that people have liked. Wonderman has outshined him in two movies now,Superman outshined him in this one and so did Flash. Hopefully now they see Batman should go off on his own and just get in where he fits in for Justice League movies. They need to focus on regaining the kids with these characters as there is so much potential,and appealing to kids by riding the popularity of the animated properties. No way Cyborg should be in this movie,they definitley should have been working on a Teen Titans movie by now,but they are so far behind:snoop:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Watched it
My deep thoughts on the movie, not really a review. Spoilers for longness
I feel like this movie is a culmination of the attitude and poor handling mr. me too approach of DC rushing out their animated universe to copy marvels. Obviously both are business but looking at universe vs universe it truly shows the art/creation/ideation vs cashgrab ideals of Marvel Vs DC.

A movie like this is supposed to be a payoff/progression of the CU. 3 of the League characters are only debuting in THIS movie. That's either half or over half depending on how you're counting it. Wonder woman only established her mythos THIS year. It makes this teamup so uninspiring and JL suffers and sort of contributes to lingering superhero fatigue from the disappointment of the Defenders: Superhero teamups where the only fun is seeing them appear together is wack. For Avengers it was the right time because it wasn't overdone and they established each character before teaming them up even if it resulted in flops. It made it all worth something and rewards fans with character interaction and callbacks.

What sucks is I kinda see the Snyder in the movie and it makes me think maybe they were better off letting him do his thing and letting the universe bubble slowly. There were so many in-universe plotlines that hang around this story that sound epic when the characters reference or react to them but don't impact you as a viewer due to the poor handling of the CU

Best example is the very first scene. They show a video of kids talking to Superman which starts the theme of "The World misses and needs superman" which would honestly be a dope tone for the movie. It's just that in the timeframe of the DCCU there hasn't been a single movie set in the time without superman. We haven't seen any instance of the heroes or humanity struggling without him. WW was a origin story set in the past that cashed in on Batman vs Superman's debut of her. Flash and Aquaman will undoubtedly be set in their respective pasts, lord knows if Cyborg even gets a movie. It pretty much guarantees no time will pass in universe by the time of the next JL flick where a new big bad shows up to unleash a horde of aliens and even more superheros show up to fight him.

Their precedent of unceremoniously debuting these characters in crossover movies so they have a better shot of making money on the origin story kinda bit them in the ass hard in this movie and whats worse is they'll probably have to roll with it in the future. How much better would it be if Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg's origin flicks all happened during the time superman was dead? What if those and maybe another movie would make "Superman is dead" an arc culminating in this movie? The sad thing is throughout the movie you get the feeling that somebody writing the script had exactly that in mind.

Something more random thoughts/semi review
-The fight scenes were well done, the most satisfying part of the movie.
- IDK why people complain about CGI this looked good.
- This movie really makes me appreciate the humor that a lot of people claim is overdone in marvel films. It's one thing to have humor, another for it to be actually funny. There were some pretty good jokes like aquaman and the lasso, but so much of it was cheesy.
- Wonder Woman kicked ass in this. Love how she was the glue to the team, idk if she had this dynamic in the cartoon but it's a great touch to her character. I like how they made references to her origin movie, it's a shame they
- Flash was the worst character. For the record I like the idea of him being a rookie flash, makes him seem less op with his clumsiness. But his introduction was rushed as hell and he wasn't that funny as the designated joke character. The way he runs is fugly as hell but hopefully him improving his form becomes a character arc in a later movie? :yeshrug:
- Batman: This movie really highlights his uselessness in Justice League You know I never liked JL as a kid and Batman being on there was a big reason why. I always felt he should only be in his own self contained universe in Gotham where he could put in work and was a threat. In JL he was there just to be there, after getting clowned by everyone with powers he'd fight and struggle with the thug level hordes while looking up every so often to see his teammates doing important shyt like chuck a car or shooting a laser beam at the important villain.
- Batfleck was cool. He is probably the GOAT bruce wayne but as Batman it's too hard to tell. Whenever batman is in a DC crossover he retains none of the mysteriousness, meance and batman-ish qualities from his Gotham protrayals. Among the other superhero's he's more looked at like a prickly toddler. Evident from scene where he's arguing with WW
- Aquaman would have definitely been the biggest beneficiary of having a movie before starring in JL. There's so many questions with his character and Atlantis, I'm sure most people aren't familiar with his backstory or abilities and the movie did little to help outside of a straight up explanation of the talking to fish shyt :laugh: The atlantis scene was just confusion. Ironically I don't think more scenes fleshing him would help do anything but bloat the movie, he had the right amount of time dedicated to his story, there is only so much. Him not having a pre-established backstory really doomed his inclusion to a lose lose situation.
- Had 0 expectations for Cyborg....he was alright. His character arc ran parallel to the movie's overall plot. His one liners were kinda cheese and his personality was kinda flat aside from the angst. The idea of his suit constantly upgrading is kinda badass too.
- Superman: Lame and wack, not stronger than Goku
Naw but really his revival fight was one of the best scenes in the entire movie.
- Steppenwolf: ancient monster arrives with no warning along with infinite alien soldiers..... He was powerful but wack. And as a villain it's wack how he stopped being a threat immediately after superman appears. It's the other thing I always hated about JL: there is no point of them being a team. Superman is so OP that every struggle they have while he breathes feels convoluted, he coulda beat steppenwolf in an instant. Him and Batman are on polar opposite sides of the superhero scale, every reason as to why superman would need his help is either dripped in kryptonite or goofy as shyt
- CW flash effects are really so much better than this movie's lol
-I'd give it a 6/10

Affleck the goat batman though:scust:? If Bale was in these movies they would already be 3 nothches better:wow:

Affleck sucks,these movies thrive on actors who have that natural quality of making fans like them on the big screen,I guess you would call that charisma. In this Justice League,the only person that has shown to have that quality is Wonder Woman imo. Affleck fails at being the likeable brooding guy he is designated to be as Batman in these films. Superman fails to be the likeable boy scout who can do no wrong,and as a matter of fact I have come to realize I think I like my Superman without Lois:scust:. This is what?the third movie where every scene she is in she sucks all of the life out of Superman,just as I was loving Superman after that ressurection fight,here comes Lois:snoop:

Just give me a Superman who has sexual tension with Lois,but never gets to be with her. She is a huge anchor for him and adds nothing to these films. Newsflash to whoever at the top thats listening,NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT LOIS AND CLARK:mindblown:! There is 0 chemistry between the two actors,you want us to care just because were supposed to. Give us a likeable Lois Lane like you gave us a likeable Wonder Woman if thats what you want. His mother is in the film less and I think I would care more if she died based on their scenes together being better.

And on Flash if he is supposed to be the god of speed in comics,they really didn't show him do anything we didn't see Quicksilver do whether it was in the Marvel or Fox version smh. Would like to see him do something besides just run fast or should I say in slo mo. Matter of fact Quicksilver vibrated fast enough to break glass,Flash got to do better:francis:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that still makes no damn sense

there is no one remotely close to the production of what you just watched around to receive the applause of a movie

people may as well get up and clap for netflix

anyone clapping at the end of a movie is legit dumb
Maybe you should ask people to see clapping at the end of a movie to see why they do it.
Clapping is just another form of expression someone does in addition to making whatever noise during certain scenes

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Just saw it. I liked it :yeshrug:. Shoulda had steppenwolf put some hits on supes though he just came in and whooped his ass.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it. I liked it :yeshrug:. Shoulda had steppenwolf put some hits on supes though he just came in and whooped his ass.
Superman is op :yeshrug:. He either came back with a better understanding of himself thus unlocking his true power or simply got a power boost

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Just got through...first off, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Cyborg felt like the MVPs. Alot of one liners in this...Flash not having experience was a little irritable because he could of ended alot of issues quick...Superman played the difference maker and was actually more chippy in this one. I thought the movie was good. Theater halfway clapped at the end and but no overwhelming ovation. Wonder Woman again was a great field leader. Good deal for just 5 bucks.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got through...first off, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Cyborg felt like the MVPs. Alot of one liners in this...Flash not having experience was a little irritable because he could of ended alot of issues quick...Superman played the difference maker and was actually more chippy in this one. I thought the movie was good. Theater halfway clapped at the end and but no overwhelming ovation. Wonder Woman again was a great field leader. Good deal for just 5 bucks.
batman, the mvp? :skip: how?