Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It started before the movie theater even came to be. It was brought over from the plays
that still makes no damn sense

there is no one remotely close to the production of what you just watched around to receive the applause of a movie

people may as well get up and clap for netflix

anyone clapping at the end of a movie is legit dumb

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure I'm gonna hit on points people have made ad nauseam here but...

I have opinions!

First of all, this movie is a mess. There was just… basically nothing really all that enjoyable about it. All the elements for an awesome movie are there, and not a single one is followed through on. I can usually look past “who gives a shyt” generic world conquering stories in blockbusters, but who the fukk cared about this one at all? That’s the first “story” you’re gonna go with for a Justice League movie? I actually felt similarly about Avengers - Loki again? some nameless, faceless aliens? that always bugged me... but that's another rant.

I was sitting there trying so desperately to love it, and it was impossible.

People love to bytch about Marvel’s “humor,” but if you don’t appreciate it after this one, there’s something wrong with you. I guess most of that was studio execs pushing to "marvelize" the dialogue, and Whedon, but man did the fukkin jokes die. Felt like Joss had 2 days to write. Ezra Miller – who some people count as a highlight – was really bad. In fact, he was the only one I thought was terrible in the role. Who the hell told him to run like that? The Flash’s effects weren’t even cool. They do a better job on the tv show.

Each character had like 1 shining moment where I thought “oh man, this could have been so good.” 1. Seriously, how many times can Wonder Woman do that thing where she slams her wrist plates together? She did it like 5 times, and each time it had a buildup like it was gonna be amazing. shyt got stale. Can't even remember what Cyborg did to make me excited about his future prospects. it's cool that he just basically evolves on the go... i guess that was it. But I didn't leave pumping my fist about the introductions of the new heroes? they were just there. Cyborg factored into the overall plot a ton, but i didn't fukkin care about the overall plot. Flash was a jobber. Aquaman was just another strong guy fighting on land, which seemed like a huge waste, but i get it.

I think most people are bytching about the weird mustache cgi b/c they all noticed Henry Cavill had a jacked up grill. I never knew that. dude's living up to that Brit stereotype. It was definitely noticeable though… why the fukk was that stupid cell phone footage in the beginning necessary? “We need to remind people what Superman stands for!” No you don’t, they harped on it like 5 more times in the movie and 100 times in the last 2 he was in. In fact, all of the scenes that were supposed to show “humanity” like with that stupid Russian family were ridiculous. “We need to have real people in danger! Ya know, so people can relate!” no you fukkin don’t, who gives a shyt about them? And, just fukk off already with Amy Adams. I hate her fukkin face. Clark shoulda pretended he didn't know her and dropped the police cruiser on her, then went off and fukked Diane Lane. She ain't his real mom, and she's still sexy as fukk as an old lady.

There were so many weird closeup shots of the heroes that you just knew it was a re-shot scene, and it just came across as sloppy. This has become a WB/DC staple. These movies are edited like shyt, and so cut and paste it kills all flow. There’s gonna be a “director’s cut” 3 hour long bluray that people are gonna like much better like always. it's almost like that's their business model, and man is it a shytty business model. Just put that in the fukkin movies, you idiots. Haven’t you learned from the other 2 hackjobs you put out? Suicide Squad is gonna do down as one of the 25 worst movies I've ever seen. I tried to watch a few scenes again, and Jesus Christ is it painful on all fronts. Not even giving Will any credit anymore. That could have been anyone. Harley Quinn is annoying as fukk, if i wanna see Margot Robbie in skimpy clothes, I'll just put Wolf of Wall Street on again.

The beginning felt like little stories in a vignette style movie. Nothing gelled. There were like 5 times where something happened, then they were on to the next scene and I was thinking “wait, how did they get out?” For example - Cyborg took over that mech spider machine, flew off and left them hanging while the water was rising. CUT TO – them all on land a second later.

The scenes on Thera… whatever the fukk place Wonder Woman is from looked like pure shyt. The Aquaman setpiece kinda bummed me out too. That didn’t look as good as I thought it would. Are they gonna go in a giant bubble every time they speak in the Aquaman movie?

I guess there’s no way of fixing that shyt, and I obviously know this one had some unforeseen circumstances get in the way, but man, I can’t believe they can’t do a better job. Also, Affleck went from sleek to flabby literally in the middle of scenes. There had to be workarounds there. Had to. Just cut the earlier shots of him in that case and keep it consistent.

The motherboxes, parademons, Steppenwolf… just crap. Pure crap. Every time they showed his mouth moving it looked like 90s cgi. and i don't care if the source material calls for it, or if DC published shyt like that first, why the fukk would you do another "invasion from a sky portal" plot line in a movie like this? Do you think THAT is what people love about Marvel - who have done that how many times now? - no, in fact, that's the shyt people whine about with Marvel, how weak the villians usually are and how it's always a "raaaa! I'ma blow up da world!!" Also, this could be coincedence, but wasn't Steppenwolf's grand plan the same as Ego's in GotG2? To "teraform" a planet? if not, it was similar.

BTW, if you look up the comparisons between the Snyder cut in the original trailer and the reshoots, the Snyder cut looked considerably better. They tried so hard to appease the "meh, it's so dark" people that they fukked up the color palette in a ton of scenes. When they all fight Steppenwolf, the entire scene was red for some friggin reason. that would have looked much better with Snyder's style. they tried so hard to appease fans, but still kept all the other faults t hey had in previous movies, that they fukked it double imo.

BVS was better than this, b/c at the very least the tone didn’t bop around, and it felt like one man’s completely disjointed vision, not 2. That’s being generous to BVS too. This movie was pretty doomed from jump, but then when Snyder’s daughter offed herself, it basically put the nail in the movie’s coffin too.

I’m struggling to give this a 2.5/5. I think it’s more like a 2. I smiled a few times, but can’t recall when and why. And usually when I did it was short lived b/c the scene was just a tease.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People clapped when I saw JL, which shocked me. I mean I liked it too but it wasn't applause worthy lol.

I've only done it once. It was at the end of the final fight in the raid 2. Everybody clapped for that shyt. Never clapped while the credits rolled tho.
I've seen it happen a few times. People clapped at my showing for The Dark Knight. IIRC it was especially loud when Heath's name appeared.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Ezra Miller – who some people count as a highlight – was really bad. In fact, he was the only one I thought was terrible in the role. Who the hell told him to run like that? The Flash’s effects weren’t even cool. They do a better job on the tv show.

Couldn't have said it better myself. EVERYTHING about the flash was pure awful.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Just saw it. Can say I enjoy it but Cyborg CGI and superman mouth was really off putting. Slightly enjoyed Thor 3 better but can say I enjoyed both. Didn't lime how they didn't explore Stepping Wolf more but I understand why they couldn't give him,more depth.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I have only two major issues with the film

1. Many scenes felt small. When Batman catches the thief it looked like they were on soundstage. Every indoor scene felt small and strangely shot with too many close-ups.

2. For some reason I felt like the actors were standing infront of matte paintings when they were talking outside. The cornfield scene and Superman-Alive scene I was couldn't focus on the movie.

But overall it's decent.

6/10

Also nice to hear icelandic in a such a big movie.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I think clapping at any movie is just the corniest trend that ever happened. When did this shyt start?

I remember people clapped at the end of transformers 2. The worst film I've ever seen in theatres

At least the mid-nineties, I remember the audience went wild at the end of Independence Day in 96 when I saw it with my family then....

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
You should care. They might end up taking a loss.

This ain't the fukking Titanic where it will stay in theaters for months and have people paying to see it 6 or 7 times.

Investors might lose money off of this movie which will kill future projects before they even get started.

DC has already ditched the DCEU and will focus on individual films. But they won't get much leeway. The margin for error is zero. It might even be too late at this point.

lmaooo @ investors losing money when the franchise has made over 3 billi, but yeah.. they lost money :mjlol:

you guys just saying anything at this point..

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
If I had to rank my comic book films for the year

Logan
Spider man
Wonder woman
Thor
Justice league

Gotg 2. If I didnt see geostorm it would be the worst film I saw this year.

Last edited: