Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And btw the scene where stepenwolf takes his first l and all his demons had to hold him back had him lookin like a dawg wit mad heart. Only to bytch up in the end and start running from some weak ass demon troopers. I like steppenwolf when he's used ONLY as a henchmen for darkseid

those 2 scenes show different emotions, hence the different reactions in the scenes...the first one he was pissed.....the second one he was scared....

he was a henchman for darkseid in this movie....he even says something to that effect in the movie....

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I wish they would have used GL instead of Cyborg. I don't understand the appeal of the character. I guess he was more for the newer generation DC fans.

Green Latern is black sometimes right?

Also is Supergirl part of the dceu? I seen they had Martian Manhunter in a episode.
The DCEU is influenced by the New 52 so that's why Cyborg is in the film. As for Green Lantern I wish he was a team member but I guess WB felt 7 characters would be too much especially since the majority of the character didn't have solo films prior to Justice League.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
And btw the scene where stepenwolf takes his first l and all his demons had to hold him back had him lookin like a dawg wit mad heart. Only to bytch up in the end and start running from some weak ass demon troopers. I like steppenwolf when he's used ONLY as a henchmen for darkseid

HOW YOU SEEN THE REMAKE OF "IT"?

THERE WERE 4 WHITE GUYS,
A BLACK GUY
AND A WHITE GIRL.

:mjlol:BOTH MOVIES HAD THE SAME ENDING.
SCARED VILLAINS.
:devil:
:evil:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Watched it earlier today. I'm not even gonna nitpick or talk about the flaws. I'll just say it was a very meh film and DC really needs to stop putting all of their action scenes in the trailers. Besides one scene (which was the best by far) I saw everything in the trailers which is just dumb imo....regarding the team I actually fukked with cyborg in this. Prolly my 2nd favorite in the flick. Flash was bad imo. He suffered from a better version of himself being on tv already. Even his scene with his father was better in the show. DC fukked up with that. All those "comedic" eye reactions he had in the film were lame af and someone please teach his fruity ass how to run....Wonder Woman was cool, they kinda nerfed her in here tho because there's no way u can solo ares but not Solo steppenwolf, c'mon now. Batman was :flabbynsick: I hope Ben does leave now. Built him up as a badass in BvS and now all of a sudden he's just a old man. Aquabro was cool but he was barely in it and all his stuff was in the trailer. Steppenwolf was trash just trash. He was a Thor 1&2 type villain. Which is supposedly a bad thing but in here it was all good to some ppl. Cool cool. All in all it was a 6.5/10 flick. Almost gave it a 7 because I loved the superman resurrection scene so much but nah. Oh and I do find it funny that dudes hate whedon so much but the scene we know for a FACT he was a part of (Superman Snapchat scene) was one of the best character moments for superman in any of these flicks :pachaha:.....I'll watch the resurrection on YouTube a lot but I doubt I'll ever watch this again

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
"Thor split the audience"?

How in the hell did Thor Split the audience? Sure there are some people that don't care for the humor in the film, but those folks make up a small minority of filmgoers as evidenced by how well Thor is still doing.

If anything hurt Justice League it was the previous DCEU films having actual split audience receptions. People are just wary of DCEU movies. Wonder Woman was given more of a chance because it was Wonder Woman and people needed that movie to be good and to see that Icon handled properly. Justice League reminded people too much of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad and that scared some people off.

As far as word of mouth I think it'll be good for Justice League, just not good enough to make up for the bad opening.

This is how box office works man. How was it a small minority of Movie Goers when Thor had one of the Biggest OW of the year? Comic Book fans are some of the Biggest movie goers out there. Thor was still playing well so it splits audiences because it commands the same demos as JL if it opened by itself. It's funny you bring up BatsVSupes yet that didn't hurt WW WOM and she's in the same Universe and that film. Also "SS" did very well at the box office.

The bottom line is Thor did not open with any major films, it was literally by itself to make that OW. JL did not have that Luxary. I remember when BatVSupes was suppose to open the Same weekend as Civil war. If that happen they would of split audiences because again they command the same demographics. Thus DC movie a month a half back. So again I don't see how anyone can say Thor doing well didn't hurt this opening. Lastly WOM isn't as bad as people like to claim for these movies. Don't mistake the critics opinion with the general public:

n5kdcuD.png

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So I saw this yesterday and had to get my thoughts together and then of course there was Survivor Series last night :wow:

Anyway, I enjoyed it for the most part. The character stuff is the best part about the movie. Their interactions, gathering the team, voicing their philosophical differences, and seeing them work as a team. The action, outside of a few instances, left me feeling really meh tho. I loved the stuff with the Amazons and its the best action scene in the flick. It's engaging, the music is dope, and every bit of it works. Compare that to the climax which felt anti-climatic as hell and its not helped that Steppenwolf is a bad villain and character, at least the way the flick deals with him. The all cgi shyt hurt but also he's just bland and typical. If his name wasn't Steppenwolf, I wouldn't remember him:manny:

The league though? Loved them. Aquaman works, as does Flash (even though they should've called him Wally West) and even Cyborg worked, minus the sometimes wonky CGI. I've read it before and I'm sure it's been said here, but it looked like a Snyder movie and sounded like a Whedon movie. Which is probably the most obvious in Superman, which also worked for me and was perfect for the movie. I actually want to see a new superman movie.

Not all of the jokes worked (looking at you batman) but it's good because of all the character stuff and the fact they got that aspect right and the movie is on their shoulders. They just deserved a better threat to bring them all together

Last edited:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from seeing this. Thought it was entertaining, still missing some things, and you could tell there were reshoots and other changes.:francis:

Supes swagging on 'em like he's suppose to finally. Handling the whole JL:picard:
"do you bleed":mjlol::krs::youngsabo:

Steppenwolf with the parademons, going out like a hoe x2 :russ: darkside won't be pleased:picard:

They could've addressed the flashpoint easter egg though:francis: I guess them opioids got bruce seeing things.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
But for me..... after Sucker Punch and knowing if he had control of a Batman origin story he’d have Bruce Wayne in prison getting gangraped and sucking dikks.......

It’s kinda difficult for me to trust Snyder and put too much faith in him.

Martha
why people keep ignoring this blows me (no pun intended) every time :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is how box office works man. How was it a small minority of Movie Goers when Thor had one of the Biggest OW of the year? Comic Book fans are some of the Biggest movie goers out there. Thor was still playing well so it splits audiences because it commands the same demos as JL if it opened by itself. It's funny you bring up BatsVSupes yet that didn't hurt WW WOM and she's in the same Universe and that film. Also "SS" did very well at the box office.

The bottom line is Thor did not open with any major films, it was literally by itself to make that OW. JL did not have that Luxary. I remember when BatVSupes was suppose to open the Same weekend as Civil war. If that happen they would of split audiences because again they command the same demographics. Thus DC movie a month a half back. So again I don't see how anyone can say Thor doing well didn't hurt this opening. Lastly WOM isn't as bad as people like to claim for these movies. Don't mistake the critics opinion with the general public:

n5kdcuD.png

The masses are azzes who like anything shiny.

I always ignore the audience score.

But that's just me:hubie: