Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They tried to create an interconnected universe. They weren't doing that until they saw Avengers make a billy.

that i agree.....i thought he was talking more about how the universe was setup though, not it being connected...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Facts, It's clear as day now. There is Zero Objectivity when it comes to DCEU. I do not read critical reviews for DC films. The bias is out of control. They are critics who praised "Thor 3" humor and fun are holding that against Justice League. It's pathetic. First it's "Too Dark" now it's "Too Light". Well what is it? "Suicide Squad" and "MOS" and BatsVSupes" were not as bad as their scores. The only reason they gave WW a good score because people were exposing them left and right with the other films and they knew they couldn't do it with that film and they knew they couldn't hate. Yet Marvel has had average villain after average villain, basic plots and gets complete passes left and right. They've lost all credibility with the DCEU Franchise. It's best people ignore the critics with this franchise. They have a hard on for hating on Zack. He's basically the Michael Bay of Comic Book Films for critics. RT isn't even the gospel, people need to stop acting like they are the end all be all.
Seems like marvel movies are treated like regular popcorn flix when it comes to reviews, while DC movies have to be atleast the dark knight or its a failure.

And this shyt is causing WB to scramble, rewriting movies to cater to critics. At this point I feel like these critics just like the attention they get from reviewing these movies harshly.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t really see that as a formula..... like even everyone from Legends of Tomorrow got introduced in Arrow, Flash and etc before they got their own spinoff showsz

It’s just logic...... do that for a bit to build your audience and trust then drop some other shyt.

How you gonna y’all about doing a Birds of Pray o SS2 movie before doing a GL movie or Flash?

Martha

but doing intro/origin stories to build it up wouldnt have been true to their comics though, that's what i'm saying....by that i mean: they introduced the other characters in bvs.....which is true to the comics of showing heroes/super powered beings already being in the world before supe.....they didnt need to do origin stories before they showed each character, which is what it seems people want....

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Seems like marvel movies are treated like regular popcorn flix when it comes to reviews, while DC movies have to be atleast the dark knight or its a failure.

And this shyt is causing WB to scramble, rewriting movies to cater to critics. At this point I feel like these critics just like the attention they get from reviewing these movies harshly.

But its a problem THEY created not the critics. They don't even know how to pick the right actors.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I haven't seen this movie yet but there's a reason for what you said.

We're talking about movies with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. These are the best known, most popular characters from DC.

Meanwhile in the MCU they're all B-C tier characters or lower, outside of Spider-Man. Antman got a fukking movie. Guardians Of The Galaxy....hell, the Avengers were never considered A-tier. X-Men was. Avengers were always #2 in terms of popularity among comic fans.

So of course people expect more from DC. You can make a wack Thor movie and nobody bats an eye because it's Thor. If you make a movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman it kinda has to be incredible.

Fred.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Steppenwolf was shown to fight Atlanteans, Amazons, Humans
Gods and a GL
to a standstill. His threat level was established. I think most people expected Darkseid or a known villain and that's where their disappointment stems from.
I almost hopped out my seat
when they showed that Lantern forming a dman hammer and Shazam!!! Kicking ass:blessed:
Can't wait for the Blu Ray!:banderas:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
So I watched 2 trailers and was not excited at all for this shyt. Got to the theatre and this shyt was good start to finish for me. Best DC movie IMO and better than both Avengers flicks.
That 1st scene after Batman took out the parademon, that crook would've cracked some joke if it was a Marvel flick I'm sure. Flash's shock at finding out Superman is just as fast as him was entertaining as fukk. Cyborg was definitely not the disappointment I expected him to be.

Aquaman was my least favorite. I didn't like his personality. He was more surfer dude as opposed to King of Atlantis. I expect that to change since they explained he was just now returning to home. Superman had signs of a personality as well instead just brooding the whole time.

I was hoping for Darkseid but Steppenwolf was cool to me even though I had never heard of him. Alfred dropping that penguin line was a nice treat. I wanted to see that race too, lol

So for me this year it goes
JL, Logan, SM:HC, WW, Thor, GOTG

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
The fact that iron man 3 has a 79% on rotten tomato just makes the point that marvel movies are judged differently.
how becuz i and other disliked it but it had a high score? what about those who did like it are they now not counted? I like antman some people dnt im not gonna cry over it or say bias or whatever, people like what they like and it seems the majority like it or maybe the hype around it gave it legs idk. its a copout to use the bias route. bvs had no biasness its opening weeked numbers are higher than what jl is projected to do, bvs had hype and if it was decent wlda crushed a majority of marvels movies and its high praises wlda had a ripple effect on the upcoming dceu. only so many times u can fool moviegoers into thinking they will get a good film and unfortunetly the dceu did so now its hurting them via word of moutn and continuity of their universe. like seriously say the mcu didn't exist and the the dceu was the same since mos u really think shyt wld be different?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Like wonder woman?:kobehaha:

Lets be reality, dc/wb has been a cluster fukk when they decided to rush into the comic film universe building and giving the keys to snyder.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I haven't seen this movie yet but there's a reason for what you said.

We're talking about movies with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. These are the best known, most popular characters from DC.

Meanwhile in the MCU they're all B-C tier characters or lower, outside of Spider-Man. Antman got a fukking movie. Guardians Of The Galaxy....hell, the Avengers were never considered A-tier. X-Men was. Avengers were always #2 in terms of popularity among comic fans.

So of course people expect more from DC. You can make a wack Thor movie and nobody bats an eye because it's Thor. If you make a movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman it kinda has to be incredible.

Fred.
Popularity of the characters are not an excuse breh. These are supposed to be professional movie critics not a bunch of stans. They shouldn't be rating trash like thor as great, then turn around and give a much better movie like man of steel bad reviews because of reasons that have nothing to do with the films. Superman being more popular 20 years ago in comicbooks shouldn't be a deciding factor when it comes to giving a fair review.