Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
it was a good move on nolans end to explore that given batman is just a human; hell iron man one is just as grounded imo. but regardless it still drew from the comic background and has comic elements i'd say its still in the realm of comic book movie.

"some" people thot ragnork was too light harded and funny
"some" people thot it need more dark tones and to let seriousness linger on more and drive emotion.
"some" people mention hela as weak or just expostion or how skurge was just there for exposition or whatver etc.
so the mcu does get criticized actually, though yall make it out to seem like it dosen't (hell marvel fans on here have complained about shyt, and only @MartyMcFly likes that trash heap known as iron man 3). because other aspects of the films are good people either overlook shyt or take it as it is after complaining; the only thing really affected by "mcu biasness" is the mcu itself, becuze its a connected universe some shyt gets to slide. its like eating a big ass dinner but the pie was meh, however beacuse the other meals were good and the structure of the dinner as a whole is nice then the pie ain't really tripped on and u may even like it after having another slice and notice some good shyt lol. all in all if the dceu makes better movies then shyt will turn around thats like legitimately all they have to do, stop saying that dumb shyt both sides know one succeeding helps the other.
First off:ufdup:

Secondly, keep me out this shyt till i see the movie at least:ufdup:

Third of all, I really don't give a shyt who likes what I like or doesn't :russ: breh, I don't need a cheer squad behind me to get my grown man on

And D, :ufdup:

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
i can answer about nolan's films:

they are well received cause they arent really comic book movies, which is what nolan wanted...he went out his way to make the movies as 'realistic' and non-comic book like as he could....seriously, the only reason it's classified as a comic book movie is cause of the titles and names of characters, change those and it wouldnt be...anyway, that way works for batman cause he doesnt have super powers and neither does the majority of his rogue, but that way wont work with characters with super powers...think that's the main reason he didnt want to do superman.....

So like...... I been saying that for years and cats act like I was hating or trolling.

But thats some real shyt!

I take nothing away from that trilogy.... it was dope as fukk...... but as a comic fan and guy that grew up watching the cartoons in their prime. I would never want to see no one take that approach again.

For people that always rave about Batman’s rogues, in Nolan world, he dramatically cuts down on that.

Matter fact low key, Nolan’s movies kinda fukked up the DCCU movies cuz the stand can’t let that go and think “every movie” should be that when it can’t. Like a fellow DC Stan said earlier in a discussion with me, it Green Lantern dropped say today in this universe after day Spider-Man or GOTG2 or before Thor 3. That movie would’ve been heavily praised and we’d be hearing news about a sequel now.....

But being that it dropped around the time of TDK series their own fan base turned their noses on it.

Martha

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I admittedly am not a fan of Marvel movies and their cliche cookie cutter formula. But they know what they are doing and they execute it well.

Of course there will be comparisons naturally but the difference between the 2 companies are one has a narrative an end game so to speak and the other is throwing shyt against the wall and hoping it sticks, it's obvious as hell: Rewrites, re shoots, forced edits. It's absurd.

Superman's character/his death, Jesse Eisenberg has Luther, Ben Affleck looking like he doesn't want to be there. Awful use of CGI, no credible villain. Aqua bro. Tatted up Joker.
None of it is sticking.

The conspiracy of Marvel paying the critics... Nope.

what makes a credible villain?...asking cause i keep seeing people talk about 'these movies have forgettable/bad villains', and i'm confused about what people want out a villain...

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what makes a credible villain?...asking cause i keep seeing people talk about 'these movies have forgettable/bad villains', and i'm confused about what people want out a villain...
Someone who poses a legitimate physical threat maybe? Who has a backstory, some emotional depth to him.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was a good move on nolans end to explore that given batman is just a human; hell iron man one is just as grounded imo. but regardless it still drew from the comic background and has comic elements i'd say its still in the realm of comic book movie.

yes, it drew from the comic book background cause of names, but that's bout as far as it goes...there are no comic book like elements in those movies at all....since you think there are, name some?....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So like...... I been saying that for years and cats act like I was hating or trolling.

But thats some real shyt!

I take nothing away from that trilogy.... it was dope as fukk...... but as a comic fan and guy that grew up watching the cartoons in their prime. I would never want to see no one take that approach again.

For people that always rave about Batman’s rogues, in Nolan world, he dramatically cuts down on that.

Matter fact low key, Nolan’s movies kinda fukked up the DCCU movies cuz the stand can’t let that go and think “every movie” should be that when it can’t. Like a fellow DC Stan said earlier in a discussion with me, it Green Lantern dropped say today in this universe after day Spider-Man or GOTG2 or before Thor 3. That movie would’ve been heavily praised and we’d be hearing news about a sequel now.....

But being that it dropped around the time of TDK series their own fan base turned their noses on it.

Martha

i agree...been saying for years that his movies arent comic book movies, but cause of the names, people classify it as such...and once those movies got praise, the sheep mentality kicked in and people started thinking that's how comic book movies should be made.....the same shyt is happening now with people thinking dc should make their movies/universe marvel like....

as for the green lantern movie: i disagree about that....that movie was bad mainly cause of how they had reynolds portraying hal....one thing that movie did get right though was the lanterns and especially sinestro....i really hope they bring that actor back to play him....

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
First off:ufdup:

Secondly, keep me out this shyt till i see the movie at least:ufdup:

Third of all, I really don't give a shyt who likes what I like or doesn't :russ: breh, I don't need a cheer squad behind me to get my grown man on

And D, :ufdup:
:lolbron: needed a good example wasn't trynna get you involved in the bs like that just having a discussion, and yea people shldnt let reviews or critics sway them.
im3 still garbage tho :umad:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:lolbron: needed a good example wasn't trynna get you involved in the bs like that just having a discussion, and yea people shldnt let reviews or critics sway them.
im3 still garbage tho :umad:

I could use Coli logic aka point to a list or two that disagrees with you therefore making me the victor, but I won't go that route. Carry on

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone who poses a legitimate physical threat maybe? Who has a backstory, some emotional depth to him.

does it have to be the whole package?...asking cause while there hasnt really been emotional depth to them, they have posed a threat....

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I admittedly am not a fan of Marvel movies and their cliche cookie cutter formula. But they know what they are doing and they execute it well.

Of course there will be comparisons naturally but the difference between the 2 companies are one has a narrative an end game so to speak and the other is throwing shyt against the wall and hoping it sticks, it's obvious as hell: Rewrites, re shoots, forced edits. It's absurd.

Superman's character/his death, Jesse Eisenberg has Luther, introducing Batman in a Superman sequel and have Superman be an extra in his own movie and now Ben Affleck looking like he doesn't want to be there. Awful use of CGI, no credible villain. Aqua bro. Tatted up Joker.
None of it is sticking.

The conspiracy of Marvel paying the critics... Nope. They're just making better movies just look at the Winter Soldier.

Preach :lawd:

I'm a Marvel stan but even after MOS I was willing to give DC a shot... until they rushed BvS. BvS, and JL are supposed to be culminations of build ups.

Imagine if they dropped The first Avengers movie after Iron Man :dahell:

Even the non super hero Avengers like Black Widow, Hawkeye and Falcon were introduced in other movies via cameo's, and HOW they were introduced was just as important.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
i agree...been saying for years that his movies arent comic book movies, but cause of the names, people classify it as such...and once those movies got praise, the sheep mentality kicked in and people started thinking that's how comic book movies should be made.....the same shyt is happening now with people thinking dc should make their movies/universe marvel like....

as for the green lantern movie: i disagree about that....that movie was bad mainly cause of how they had reynolds portraying hal....one thing that movie did get right though was the lanterns and especially sinestro....i really hope they bring that actor back to play him....

I don’t think they should make their movies like Marv l movies.... cuz Marvel does what they need to do and at their core “stay true to theirselves” or as close as they can to who they were that drove us to them.

DC fails at doing that and they just need to go that route, if they can’t give us the characters from the pages atleast give us the character from the cartoon (be true to who they are and who they sold us they were when we grew up watching them).

And naw...... GL was actually decent.... hell the final battle and Villain was better than what we got with SS. I watched GL against just last night as it was in TV. I probably would’ve never watch SS again

Martha

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Preach :lawd:

I'm a Marvel stan but even after MOS I was willing to give DC a shot... until they rushed BvS. BvS, and JL are supposed to be culminations of build ups.

Imagine if they dropped The first Avengers movie after Iron Man :dahell:

Even the non super hero Avengers like Black Widow, Hawkeye and Falcon were introduced in other movies via cameo's, and HOW they were introduced was just as important.

you wanted DC to follow marvel's formula? why?....