Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
I could use Coli logic aka point to a list or two that disagrees with you therefore making me the victor, but I won't go that route. Carry on
lol its all fun bruh, i'm fukking with u anyway.
yes, it drew from the comic book background cause of names, but that's bout as far as it goes...there are no comic book like elements in those movies at all....since you think there are, name some?....
its really just the groundworks tbh, tragic start, journey, new drive, decided to add to the greater good etc. but as in what u and bryan mean by comic book elements then yea nolan wasn't with it, like we wasn't gonna see a giant ass penny in the batcave or nothing.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
you wanted DC to follow marvel's formula? why?....

No.. DC wanted to follow Marvel's formula and there in lies the problem. If you're going to do it. Do it the right way.

Zod, could've easily been the best comic book villain other than Ledger's Joker and easily shytted on any Marvel villain to date.

:francis:But they killed him off.
:mjlol:Then the follow him up with Mark Zukerberg.

Like I said 100 times

WB/DC only care about the money. Marvel cares about what the fans want.
Marvel will tweak things to cater to their core following.
WB/DC will tweak things to increase revenue.
Good or bad Marvel is confident enough to stand by their product.
Good or Bad, DC only cares about box office number.

At the end of the day, when you make a quality product, everything else will fall into place.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lol its all fun bruh, i'm fukking with u anyway.

its really just the groundworks tbh, tragic start, journey, new drive, decided to add to the greater good etc. but as in what u and bryan mean by comic book elements then yea nolan wasn't with it, like we wasn't gonna see a giant ass penny in the batcave or nothing.

Sigh...this shyt again? Breh, you're 100% right about Dark Knight and what Nolan did. Did it have the extravagant stuff of Batman's world? No. But look at the Long Halloween (a comic) or Dark Victory (another comic) or Year One ( a group of comics) and that makes your point for you. Batman can be and has been many things but he started as a noir pulp comic book and Nolan's movies stayed true to that aesthetic.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I havent seem the movie yet Ive only seen screen shots and preview clips.. For months, something had been rubbing me the wrong way, and I finally figured out what it is..

Why the hell is Cyborg there and not Green Lantern or the Martian.. Hell.. even Hawkgirl was a original member in the animated jusice leage series

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
does it have to be the whole package?...asking cause while there hasnt really been emotional depth to them, they have posed a threat....
I mean I don't think there is a one set formula to make a great villain but having either of those traits wouldn't hurt.

From what I gather about Steppenwolf he's hitting every cliche in the book.
Stupid brute there for the sake of filler who is paving the way for Darkseid.

Any member of the team could take him out solo. 300 million budget and this is the best you can do.
Ugh.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Sigh...this shyt again? Breh, you're 100% right about Dark Knight and what Nolan did. Did it have the extravagant stuff of Batman's world? No. But look at the Long Halloween (a comic) or Dark Victory (another comic) or Year One ( a group of comics) and that makes your point for you. Batman can be and has been many things but he started as a noir pulp comic book and Nolan's movies stayed true to that aesthetic.
thanks, just trynna let people know i understand their viewpoints and giving insight on mine.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thanks, just trynna let people know i understand their viewpoints and giving insight on mine.

Yeah I've had the argument several times. A comic book can be various things. Saga is a comic book. As is Sin City. As is Archie. It's a medium for the story and it can be whatever you want it to be and not all of them have to have the same elements.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think they should make their movies like Marv l movies.... cuz Marvel does what they need to do and at their core “stay true to theirselves” or as close as they can to who they were that drove us to them.

DC fails at doing that and they just need to go that route, if they can’t give us the characters from the pages atleast give us the character from the cartoon (be true to who they are and who they sold us they were when we grew up watching them).

And naw...... GL was actually decent.... hell the final battle and Villain was better than what we got with SS. I watched GL against just last night as it was in TV. I probably would’ve never watch SS again

Martha

you might not, but others have....hell, just look at the cat above your post......and i agree, marvel has stayed true to themselves/the comics when it came to building their universe, and i appreciate that.....DC has done the same, which i appreciate as well.....but to me, sticking to the comics has hurt them....by that i mean: WB is following the comics by showing that other heroes/super powered beings existed in the world already, so they not doing origin stories first to build it up; by doing that, people are like you said: they want the versions of the characters they know now, but they not allowing WB time to give them to us....ex: superman....right off the bat, he not gonna be the supe we know, but that's what people want...and even though he was showing signs of becoming that in bvs, people ignored them cause they just wanted him to be the cartoon supe right now.....

lol yea, we just differ on those movies....glad you enjoy GL, but i havent watched that whole movie since that 1st time.....i'll watch bits and pieces for the lanterns, but that's bout it.....and i'll watch SS anytime, up to a certain point...i watch it up until they turn them into anti-heroes around the bar scene....until then, i highly enjoy the movie....

side note: how you been brotha? it's been a while.....plans for the holidays?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.. DC wanted to follow Marvel's formula and there in lies the problem. If you're going to do it. Do it the right way.

Zod, could've easily been the best comic book villain other than Ledger's Joker and easily shytted on any Marvel villain to date.

:francis:But they killed him off.
:mjlol:Then the follow him up with Mark Zukerberg.

Like I said 100 times

WB/DC only care about the money. Marvel cares about what the fans want.
Marvel will tweak things to cater to their core following.
WB/DC will tweak things to increase revenue.
Good or bad Marvel is confident enough to stand by their product.
Good or Bad, DC only cares about box office number.

At the end of the day, when you make a quality product, everything else will fall into place.

how did they want to follow marvel's formula?...please give me an example cause for the most part, they followed the comics in setting up their universe, the same way marvel followed their comics....

as for the last part: who/what you like is subjective and it's cool, but both companies (WB & Disney) only care about the money, dont be fooled....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean I don't think there is a one set formula to make a great villain but having either of those traits wouldn't hurt.

From what I gather about Steppenwolf he's hitting every cliche in the book.
Stupid brute there for the sake of filler who is paving the way for Darkseid.

Any member of the team could take him out solo. 300 million budget and this is the best you can do.
Ugh.

ok....just curious....

as for steppenwolf: i've seen people say what you said, but i've also seen people say the opposite and that he does pose a threat, he just doesnt talk much 'so he's forgettable/not credible', which confuses me about what people want out a villain.....will find out when i see the movie later...

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
how did they want to follow marvel's formula?...please give me an example cause for the most part, they followed the comics in setting up their universe, the same way marvel followed their comics....

as for the last part: who/what you like is subjective and it's cool, but both companies (WB & Disney) only care about the money, dont be fooled....

Really? :dahell: If you have to ask that question, you're not worth debating.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
you wanted DC to follow marvel's formula? why?....

I don’t really see that as a formula..... like even everyone from Legends of Tomorrow got introduced in Arrow, Flash and etc before they got their own spinoff showsz

It’s just logic...... do that for a bit to build your audience and trust then drop some other shyt.

How you gonna y’all about doing a Birds of Pray o SS2 movie before doing a GL movie or Flash?

Martha

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Steppenwolf was shown to fight Atlanteans, Amazons, Humans
Gods and a GL
to a standstill. His threat level was established. I think most people expected Darkseid or a known villain and that's where their disappointment stems from.