Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When did the Snyder hate start exactly? By the time I really got into film and learned about directors he was already hated
Man of steel.

Movie made him deeply divisive as a director.

And he gets a lot of venom/personal attacks against him,far more than other directors.

Anybody that pretends he doesn't is blind.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
So it's basically a formula Marvel movie with the JL, as with most of those it will get downloaded then :ehh:

It looks like a more serious Avengers. And looks to suffer the same problem as Avengers 2. I haven't ran out to see Thor yet and I was hyped for it. This looks like some bullshyt. The spoiler reveal pages back is :beli:At best. ESPECIALLY considering all the villains over at DC Comics. Just uh...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Snyder is receiving the "hate" from artsy fukks who used to hate on Michael Bay. Hating on Michael Bay became America's past time but Bay made so much money and became so powerful in Hollywood that it just doesn't even matter anymore if you hate on Bay. It became old.

So that vitriol from the art fukks was passed on to Snyder who they thought was the "next Bay"... but it's a bad comparison because Snyder is more talented as a director than Bay. Even Bay has some good flicks though.

But now Snyder is pretty powerful himself.. so in the end, these artsy New Yorker types are just jealous. They pay $3000 a month to live in a shyt hole studio apartment in Manhattan somewhere and are pissed off that they will never be Snyder. :mjgrin:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The Smallville Lex would have been better too and he’s not even a movie star :mjlol:
The Smallville Lex is the best adaptation of Luther.
Besides him they've all been mediocre with this guy being the worst offender.
I thought Kevin Spacey was decent as Lex in Superman Returns even though they tried to make him like Gene Hackman's in the previous films. He's the best Luthor on film. It's not saying much though. :yeshrug:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
My thing is it's not even about reviews. Most people who live and die by Rotten Tomatoes don't read a single damn review. They just look at the RT score.

Which isn't even how you're supposed to use the fukking website.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using or discussing sites like rotten tomatoes or metacritic. But a score by an aggregate will never give me pause about seeing a film.

But using it as a barometer of truth when it's just a random number assigned to a collection of other people's opinions is odd.

Sometimes I agree with the consensus,sometimes I wildly disagree. Some films get trashed by critics at release then go on to become beloved cult classics with critics suddenly praising the film's years after. Other films get praised to High heaven at release only to age like dirt and see word of mouth change.

And people act like critics are infallible beings that are completely objective and aren't just normal people susceptible to agendas and bias. Certain directors get way more leeway than others.

People do the same with video games refusing to play games unless they get a certain score on metacritic.

I'm sorry, but for people like me who actually shell out full price opening day, I appreciate RT so much. It's saved me a lot of money. I tend to agree with the aggregate 9 times out of 10. Like I'm so glad I didn't go see Suburbicon because the trailers were mildly interesting to me but RT saved me $10 bucks and 2 hours. And I actually do read the reviews, but that aggregate means something to me.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't pay attention to RT scores when it comes to DC characters based on the fact I have an interest/curious to see how their stories play out on the big screen.

I guess there is some bias there so if it wasn't for that I wouldn't watch either BVS or Suicide Squad based on their overall RT rating.

Personally if the scores are below 60 that's a miss from me.

Last edited: