Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
My thing is it's not even about reviews. Most people who live and die by Rotten Tomatoes don't read a single damn review. They just look at the RT score.

Which isn't even how you're supposed to use the fukking website.
I don't think there's anything wrong with using or discussing sites like rotten tomatoes or metacritic. But a score by an aggregate will never give me pause about seeing a film.

But using it as a barometer of truth when it's just a random number assigned to a collection of other people's opinions is odd.

Sometimes I agree with the consensus,sometimes I wildly disagree. Some films get trashed by critics at release then go on to become beloved cult classics with critics suddenly praising the film's years after. Other films get praised to High heaven at release only to age like dirt and see word of mouth change.

And people act like critics are infallible beings that are completely objective and aren't just normal people susceptible to agendas and bias. Certain directors get way more leeway than others.

People do the same with video games refusing to play games unless they get a certain score on metacritic.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
I don't think there's anything wrong with using or discussing sites like rotten tomatoes or metacritic. But a score by an aggregate will never give me pause about seeing a film.

But using it as a barometer of truth when it's just a random number assigned to a collection of other people's opinions is odd.

Sometimes I agree with the consensus,sometimes I wildly disagree. Some films get trashed by critics at release then go on to become beloved cult classics with critics suddenly praising the film's years after. Other films get praised to High heaven at release only to age like dirt and see word of mouth change.

And people act like critics are infallible beings that are completely objective and aren't just normal people susceptible to agendas and bias. Certain directors get way more leeway than others.

People do the same with video games refusing to play games unless they get a certain score on metacritic.
Oh I don't think there's anything wrong with aggregate sites. It's just that people take their word as law without even understanding how they work. Like if a movie gets a 90% on RT, they start saying "It doesn't deserve that high a score!" So, you mean 90% of critics shouldn't have liked it? Cause that's what the score means.

Our need to rank and quantify everything has made it so that the scores matter more than any of the actual text written about these films, and that's what sucks. I'm not anti-reviewers; if anything I'm arguing that people should care more about the work they do. At least enough to scroll down on RT and actually click a few reviews.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Reviews don't matter......until it's a film that I'm emotionally invested in :troll: please stay consistent people :mjlol:

It works both ways. If a film someone likes is highly praised by critics they point to RT. If they hate a movie and it's shyt on by critics they point to RT. The idea that you have your own opinion and your own opinion holds weight has been lost on many people...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh I don't think there's anything wrong with aggregate sites. It's just that people take their word as law without even understanding how they work. Like if a movie gets a 90% on RT, they start saying "It doesn't deserve that high a score!" So, you mean 90% of critics shouldn't have liked it? Cause that's what the score means.

Our need to rank and quantify everything has made it so that the scores matter more than any of the actual text written about these films, and that's what sucks. I'm not anti-reviewers; if anything I'm arguing that people should care more about the work they do. At least enough to scroll down on RT and actually click a few reviews.

Well the other thing is people don’t understand how aggregates work. Like if a flick has a 90% they assume that means 90% of critics all loved it or gave it rave reviews. When in reality it just means 90% say it’s worth seeing. A site like rotten tomatoes or even Netflix now is very arbitrary with its ratings. Something is either rotten or fresh. So if I thought a movie was just okay do I give it a rotten or fresh? That’s subjective obviously. Which is why your point about people not reading reviews is very valid

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I get that, but what I don't get is the high praise for it.

I thought it was decent but it didn't wow me.

Critics hated BVS but I was actually wowed by that. There's nothing in WW better than the Batman warehouse fight, Batman vs Superman fight and the fight with the Trinity verses Doomsday. Literally nothing in that film comes close to those 3....The Ares fight was very lackluster.

And don't get me started on MOS.

Faora's scenes alone >>>WW

I'm convinced WW's praise is mainly due to politics and this lame ass twitter generation we live in.

hzcAAm4.gif

It’s there opinion vs yours breh. It really isn’t that complicated. If a lot of people loved it and you thought it was just okay that’s fine. Doesn’t mean you need to “trust” them or distrust them. Just gotta let each movie be its own thing and each review is its own thing. Most writers don’t think about the last movie when talking about this movie. Most. Some do yeah but most keep that shyt in a vacuum