Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well the other thing is people don’t understand how aggregates work. Like if a flick has a 90% they assume that means 90% of critics all loved it or gave it rave reviews. When in reality it just means 90% say it’s worth seeing. A site like rotten tomatoes or even Netflix now is very arbitrary with its ratings. Something is either rotten or fresh. So if I thought a movie was just okay do I give it a rotten or fresh? That’s subjective obviously. Which is why your point about people not reading reviews is very valid
Exactly . Look at the new ghost busters movie had very similar reviews (in the content of the actual reviews , weak plot had ending some good characters ) to suicide squad but in the end it got recommended . I'm not saying either movie is good bad or better than the other but that is a flaw in the system .

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I get that, but what I don't get is the high praise for it.

I thought it was decent but it didn't wow me.

Critics hated BVS but I was actually wowed by that. There's nothing in WW better than the Batman warehouse fight, Batman vs Superman fight and the fight with the Trinity verses Doomsday. Literally nothing in that film comes close to those 3....The Ares fight was very lackluster.

And don't get me started on MOS.

Faora's scenes alone >>>WW

I'm convinced WW's praise is mainly due to politics and this lame ass twitter generation we live in.

hzcAAm4.gif

Man those were some great scenes, best i've seen so far.:ohlawd:
Now i have to watch all of them all again on youtube.:stopitslime:

WW was a hit because it wasnt overly dark and moody like the previous DCEU joints.
Same goes for SS. Even though dark and moody works when used right....It seems audiences are actually trying to have fun when at the movies.:yeshrug:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
my interest has peaked from reading these last few pages, still bummed no imax but whatever i'll cop the bluray when it drops. fukk i do wanna click them spoilers but i'll wait the payoff will be better

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WW was a hit because it wasnt overly dark and moody like the previous DCEU joints.
Same goes for SS. Even though dark and moody works when used right....It seems audiences are actually trying to have fun when at the movies.:yeshrug:

I don't think the tone of the film was the big difference.

One thing cats are overlooking is just how badly a lot of people wanted a Wonder Woman film. I said before the film dropped that women were going to show up in droves to support the movie and some people said I was wrong and that women aren't checking for any comic book movie like that.

Then, like I keep saying, Wonder Woman was just a competently made film. The plot is easy to follow, doesn't have a bunch of plot holes, Wonder Woman is properly portrayed without any attempts to "fix" her, It's also edited well.

Wonder Woman was graded on a curve because of what came before it.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
My dude from slashfilm seems to really dig this flick (Well he does say the story and villain are trash tho)....said he saw it twice and mostly enjoys it because of the "fun" of the characters. I know that's pain to some of u niccas ears but it at least let's me know I won't be mean mugging the screen the entire time

Kind of worrisome but :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So it's basically a formula Marvel movie with the JL, as with most of those it will get downloaded then :ehh:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
For someone who doesn't pay attention to things of this nature I can't but notice people condemning Zack for no real purpose but to just hate on the man, why does his name garner such negativity and doubt? Is this purely based on his movies or is there more to it.
I don't understand it. The venom towards him is ridiculous. Michael Bay hasn't gotten as much hate as Zack.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
When did the Snyder hate start exactly? By the time I really got into film and learned about directors he was already hated
Suckerpunch. But I really don't think it is personal like some people seem to think. He is bad at story telling while his visuals are top notch. All his positively reviewed movies are when he sticks close to the source material aka the story. When he goes off on his own he fukks it up. Maybe critics are harsher on him because he often wastes stunning visuals on a poorly told or incoherent story. But he isn't hated IMO, he just hasn't told any good stories recently.