Reppin
NoVA
cd1588c8c7fd4c762fe1cec160e335c0--batman-batman-superman.jpg

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again all rumor and heresay man. Also it implies that the editing on suicide squad made the movie better or worse and obviously we don't all know that. All movies go through edits and all studios interfere unless the movie is dirt cheap or you're a name director like Nolan or Spielberg. The idea that no studio will interfere just isn't reasonable. Marvel goes through the same thing. What you need is the right mix of a directors sensibilities with the studios and you go forward. James gunn talked about this when it comes to guardians and how he's lucky that his intentions mostly line up with his producers intentions. And the times they don't it's either cut or he goes to war for it.

Now how they handled suicide squad was asinine lol but again it implies the original cut was a better movie. How they handled batman v superman was also asinine and the stuff cut for time made for a weaker story. But for me there are things in that movie that don't work regardless of what was left in or left out even though the directors cut is the better version.

They'll never be a separate studio from WB because they've owned them since before any of us were born. Well most of us anyway. That shyt is baked in.

If a company gives a director 250 million and leaves them alone that is dumb. You don't give people that type of money and not have a say.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If a company gives a director 250 million and leaves them alone that is dumb. You don't give people that type of money and not have a say.

Yeah any director will agree with that. The more money involved the more studio oversight. The less money and they'll leave you alone. Jason Blum lets his directors do their thing because part of the low investment means he doesn't need to be involved in much

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Then don't sell your product as director driven.

I "bought" in to the dceu as being director driven films. That's what sold me on the universe and made me interested.

If it was really director driven the ultimate cut of BvS would have been in theatres and we would have got a different SS.

We can't say if SS would have been better,I have a hard time believing it wouldn't be,but the universal consensus was the ultimate cut of bvs was a better film.

And now justice league who knows. It's not the original vision of the director that's for certain.

If I wanted to watch a factory churn out cookie cutter formulas there's already another studio doing that.

I wouldn't want to watch a Nolan film where some studio exec is in the editing bay telling him yeah this is cool but can you please remove 30 minutes of your film we need to maximize the number of times a day it can play in theatres. fukk that.

Last edited: