Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Joss Whedon Officially Getting Writing Credit On 'Justice League'

I believe a writer has to contribute at least 33% of a screenplay to get a screen writer credit for a film.

To get a directors credit they have to film at least 40% I think. Maybe @MartyMcFly knows.

So if there was any doubt about how much whedon is in the film there isn't any more,it's significant.

We will see if he gets a co-director credit added at some point.
Why is this credit shyt such a big deal anyway?

This shyt can say 'Directed and written by Joss Whedon alone' and nikkas would still blame Snyder after critics shyt on it

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Why is this credit shyt such a big deal anyway?

This shyt can say 'Directed and written by Joss Whedon alone' and nikkas would still blame Snyder after critics shyt on it
It's just a confirmation that whedon's contributions are in fact significant because I know some were holding out hope his involvement was minimal.

And we all knew how this would play out a long time ago. Anything good will be credited to whedon,anything bad snyder.

You had people blaming snyder for parts of films he had nothing to do with so it should come as no surprise.

Case in point

The New 'Justice League' Trailer Is Everything Wrong with DC's Dark Movie Universe

Thank Joss Whedon For That Great New 'Justice League' Comic-Con Trailer

But it's all a conspiracy and made up narrative I guess.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It's just a confirmation that whedon's contributions are in fact significant because I know some were holding out hope his involvement was minimal.

And we all knew how this would play out a long time ago. Anything good will be credited to whedon,anything bad snyder.

You had people blaming snyder for parts of films he had nothing to do with so it should come as no surprise.

Case in point

The New 'Justice League' Trailer Is Everything Wrong with DC's Dark Movie Universe

Thank Joss Whedon For That Great New 'Justice League' Comic-Con Trailer

But it's all a conspiracy and made up narrative I guess.
They credited the Flash bit at the end of the trailer to Whedon when Snyder shot it last year :deadrose:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
But there is no debating that shots were altered. The comparisons pictures are out there.

See the whole situation sucks because it's a family tragedy.

When wb said joss was coming to just finish some pick ups and were still delivering snyder's vision I wanted to believe them.

But when you are altering already filmed shots,firing his composer etc well you aren't being true to your word.

And again,maybe I'm reading into it but snyder suddenly dropping the justice League avatar,banner and mentions from his twitter suddenly to me spoke volumes.
Link to comparison shots, I also read that spoiler u posted earlier in a YouTube vid I saw, most of it is meh but the new ending of steppenwolf is ass

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Grain of salt

Lex Luthor has been entirely cut.

Henry Allen has been entirely cut.

Deathstroke has been entirely cut.

Darkseid has been entirely cut.

The Knightmare is not addressed.

Wonder Woman is present when Steppenwolf steals the Amazons' Mother Box from Themyscira and vows revenge. This was included to set up Steppenwolf's new death scene.

Additional scene of Alfred picking up Batman in Amnesty Bay after Aquaman rejects him.

Additional scene of Flash and Cyborg discussing their backgrounds on their way to the Parademons' nest and developing a bond.

Minor dialogue additions throughout.

The Harvester subplot was entirely added in reshoots, restructuring the third act which was originally just an alien invasion.

Superman's subplot is altered. Rather than flee from Metropolis due to self-doubt, he does it to see Lois and Martha and let them know he's fine before immediately joining the battle.

Additional scene of Superman meeting Alfred before heading to Venezuela.

Additional scene of Superman saving Metropolis from the Harvester's effects and reassuring the people that everything will be fine.

Cyborg's subplot is altered. Rather than doubt himself and be reassured by Batman, Cyborg is the one who rallies the League using a football metaphor that later inspires the team's name.

Additional scene of Cyborg and Silas watching Cyborg's old college football games together.

Steppenwolf's demisse is changed. Originally he'd be beamed back to Apokolips by Cyborg and executed by Darkseid for faiIing to conquer Earth. Now Wonder Woman will punch him into the Harvester's beam and disintegrate him.

All sounds plausible.
:francis:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

giphy.gif

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Yeah that's right. But that could also be the scenes zack asked him to write. 33% isn't a big chuck of the script at all. I'd say hold your horses before you go into full on revolt. Too much rumor and not enough fact so wait till November and keep it calm lol

thats true but knowing WB's track record up till now, its hard no to believe they've been doing some butchering around..

thats why i keep on saying they need to let DCEU be its own separate entity, until then there wont be no smooth sailing for this universe, there's too much interference

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thats true but knowing WB's track record up till now, its hard no to believe they've been doing some butchering around..

thats why i keep on saying they need to let DCEU be its own separate entity, until then there wont be no smooth sailing for this universe, there's too much interference

Again all rumor and heresay man. Also it implies that the editing on suicide squad made the movie better or worse and obviously we don't all know that. All movies go through edits and all studios interfere unless the movie is dirt cheap or you're a name director like Nolan or Spielberg. The idea that no studio will interfere just isn't reasonable. Marvel goes through the same thing. What you need is the right mix of a directors sensibilities with the studios and you go forward. James gunn talked about this when it comes to guardians and how he's lucky that his intentions mostly line up with his producers intentions. And the times they don't it's either cut or he goes to war for it.

Now how they handled suicide squad was asinine lol but again it implies the original cut was a better movie. How they handled batman v superman was also asinine and the stuff cut for time made for a weaker story. But for me there are things in that movie that don't work regardless of what was left in or left out even though the directors cut is the better version.

They'll never be a separate studio from WB because they've owned them since before any of us were born. Well most of us anyway. That shyt is baked in.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

http://screenrant.com/dc-movies-directors-batman-superman-suicide-squad-justice-league

Warner Bros. Pictures now has the advantage of being able to learn from the mistakes made and/or missteps that Marvel Studios has taken on the road to building its Cinematic Universe, as WB begins to expand its own DC superhero film universe. Of course, the flip side of that coin is that now WB now has to compete with Marvel at a time when the latter company is (arguably) going stronger than ever – in terms of its overall commercial and critical success, alike.

The other item of concern for the DC Cinematic Universe is that WB’s approach to universe-building is clearly different than Marvel Studios’, as evidenced by the fact that the first installment – Zack Snyder’s Superman franchise reboot Man of Steel – is being followed by a superhero cross-over event (Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice), a super villain ensemble adventure (Suicide Squad), another solo character film (Wonder Woman), and then the DC’s own Avengers-style team up event, Justice League. And in this case, “different” doesn’t necessarily mean better or worse – just different.

James Wan (The Conjuring, Furious 7) has only just closed a deal to direct the Aquaman solo movie(starring Jason Momoa) for WB/DC, which means Wan has now officially joined the ranks of directors working on DC feature films – a list that currently includes Zack Snyder, David Ayer (Fury), and Patty Jenkins (Monster), and which may eventually add Phil Lord and Chris Miller (21 Jump Street, The LEGO Movie) if they decide to direct the The Flashmovie they’re helping to write the screen story for. It’s quite a collection of accomplished cinematic storytellers that WB/DC has assembled.

WB Film Chief Greg Silverman boasted about just that, when asked in an interview with THR how his studio aims to differentiate the DCCU from the MCU:

We have a great strategy for the DC films, which is to take these beloved characters and put them in the hands of master filmmakers and make sure they all coordinate with each other. You’ll see the difference when you see Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, Justice League and all the things that we are working on.

Thus far, we have seen evidence that the upcoming DC feature films are being designed to fit together and form a complete puzzle (so to speak) – see SPOILERY Suicide Squad set photos/videos that reveal a direct connection to Batman V Superman, for example. However, the methodology behind this inter-connected storytelling is, as mentioned before, not the same as we’ve seen applied in the MCU in the past – and with the DCCU, there doesn’t seem to be one single individual in charge of making sure all the installments are well-coordinated with one another (a la Marvel’s Kevin Feige). Whether that, in the end, will prove to be beneficial or detrimental to DC’s world-building – it’s certainly up for debate right now.

The other big popular discussion topic concerning the DCCU is perhaps its tone – or, rather, as Warner Bros. Entertainment Kevin Tsujihara has claimed, if the DCCU’s most roster is indeed edgier than the MCU on the whole (and if that’s a good thing). Silverman, during his interview with THR, played down the idea that the DC film slate is all Christopher Nolan-style heavy drama (a la Man of Steel).

There is intensity and a seriousness of purpose to some of these characters. The filmmakers who are tackling these properties are making great movies about superheroes; they aren’t making superhero movies. And when you are trying to make a good movie, you tackle interesting philosophies and character development. There’s also humor, which is an important part.

One of the hopes for the DCCU is that individual filmmakers will bring their own sensibilities and voices to the table too. So, for example, Batman V Superman might strike a serious-but-fun tone more in line with Snyder films like 300, whereas Suicide Squad will have tonal qualities in common with Ayer’s best street crime movies (like his Fast and the Furious screenplay) – and likewise, Wan’s Aquaman will have a different superhero blockbuster vibe than either of those other two movies. That’s to mention nothing of The Flashpossibly being all the more playful (thanks to Lord and Miller), while Jenkins brings more soulful drama to the Wonder Woman solo feature.

Basically, the hope is that each project has the rightvoice behind it – something that also accounts for why WB tested multiple screenwriters before settling on a scribe for Wonder Woman, as Silverman told THR. That’s not to say the DC approach (focus on making great movies that just happen to include DC superheroes) is inherently better or worse than Marvel’s #Itsallconnected method – just different. And frankly, “different” is something everyone will continue to crave, as more and more superhero films flood the market.

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice will be in theaters on March 25th, 2016; Suicide Squad on August 5th, 2016; Wonder Woman – June 23rd, 2017; Justice League – November 17th, 2017; The Flash – March 23rd, 2018; Aquaman – July 27th, 2018; Shazam – April 5th, 2019; Justice League 2 – June 14th, 2019; Cyborg – April 3rd, 2020; Green Lantern – June 19th, 2020.

Source: THR

:mjlol: Lies were told, propaganda was spread.