Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Man of Steel’s music was amazing

Hans Zimmer da gawd did that score. That’s entirely different and suits what I’m saying. He needs to attach himself to one of the top guys and work with them on every film. Otherwise, you get scores like this one, Sucker Punch, Watchmen, etc.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I think if he could have saw his version through post production, he'd have found a way to whittle it down to 2.5 hours while getting the rest on Blu Ray.
i would agree with u if there wasnt a track record of him with these movies that need to be crazy long to be better. Or that could have been shorter if he stopped with his tropes.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I finished it and really liked it. The only thing I don't like how OP Superman is and how they made Stepphenwolf a jobber at the end. Sucks that covid ruined how much they could do with the knightmare scene.

BTW was Mera trying to bloodbend Steppenwolf?

Miles Dyson lines were really deep

I mean supes is basically God. I think its a testament to how hes been handled I dont abhor him because Ive always found him the most boring comic book char by far.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Dude you are comparing IW the culmination of like 20+ movies to JL that was the third installment coming after a movie that was critically shytted on?
And still three hours is an entire hour shorter than 4. :mjlol:
There are no 4 hour blockbuster movies and you expected the third movie of a franchise that had been received lukewarm at best to be the first one? That's delusional.
Snyder's direction includes how long he decides the movie is. It's not some separate issue.
And yeah his daughter died could they have even completed the entire production process at that period in his life? That alone sabotaged this movie coming out like it was supposed to back then.
I’m not comparing shyt nikka I’m telling you what was REPORTED

They changed his entire movie because they were greedy and scared af... why do you think none of them work for At&t now and At&t went to Snyder and threw him 70 million to finish HIS version?

And you bytching about 4 hours at home but will sit there with your ass cheeks clenched for 3 at a movie theater

Just don’t watch the movie and stfu

And movies back in the days used to be 4 hours long. The 10 commandments was 4 hours long, Malcolm X was like 4 hours long, etc. again atop crying and don’t watch then

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I think if he could have saw his version through post production, he'd have found a way to whittle it down to 2.5 hours while getting the rest on Blu Ray.

Problem is that Zack sucks at editing anything under 3hrs into a good/great film. He's more built for TV than films imo, kinda like Damon Linedelof as a TV writer compared to his theatrical work.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yep. They a bunch of grifters so they ended up getting sonned. You could tell by the facial reaction of Ryan on the top right

1 hour 5 minute

Are they really surprised that Zack doesn't want to be associated with a group of weirdos who base their platform around complaining about the inclusion of women and non white people in video games and movies?

:dwillhuh:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm on epilogue this started of as promising but now it's turned into an awful movie as I expected, the characterization is all wrong.

Just awful a huge disconnect from all the characters and story.

Steppenwolf looks ridiculous.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So because you like it and I didn't I went into it with intentions to hate? Did you go in with intentions to love it?

I just thought it wasn't a good movie. We're here to give our opinions not be an echo chamber.

This isn't much better than the first given the unnecessary 4 hours. A 6/10 at best and forgettable.
Nah ur “review” just read close minded, overcritical, and bias. I had no expectations at all. :manny:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't lie on this movie just because I prefer the MCU, I still do prefer DC Comics in general and wanted the best for their live action universe. They have to continue with the Snyder universe. Make The Batman an alternate timeline (multiverse?) or something. This movie was too good to end here. The DCEU is back. :hubie:

I rewatched a few clips from 2017 Justice League to refresh my memory for comparison and its far worse than I remember. The main complaint I think everyone has of Whedon's cut was how Superman just shows everyone up. Its like Joss didn't understand that just because Superman is the most powerful, doesn't mean there shouldn't be balance. In Snyder's Justice League, the league actually feels like a real team that came together naturally, care about one another and most importantly, looked like they had a fighting chance against Steppenwolf. In Whedon's cut, the league doesn't feel organic at all. Worse, they come off like sitting ducks; a bunch of lambs being sent to the slaughter going up against Steppenwolf without Superman. :huhldup: You don't feel yourself rooting for them at all, you're just anticipating Clark's return the whole time so they can finally win. The rest of the group is utterly pointless once he returns. In Snyder's version they all feel important and clearly need each other to win. The Flash is a lot less annoying (the humor is more appropriately placed in general) and Aquaman's hesitance in joining the league isn't just played for laughs; you can feel the burden throughout the film. I'm irritated Whedon basically took what was arguably the main character of the movie (Cyborg) and turned him into an extra. Kind of :mjpls: Though I will say, I wish they kept the extended "monster" dialogue from Whedon's version. Ray Fisher's acting was one of the few good things about the 2017 film and he killed it again in this version.

Y'all gotta stop using Whedon as a scapegoat. It's pretty much agreed upon that JL was better than BvS. Can't give Snyder all the credit for that. Can't act like Whedon just hijacked the movie either. There's a reason he had to step in. Snyder was gonna drop another dud because he already damaged DCEU beyond repair.

Did Whedon cast Eisenberg as Lex or come up with Martha? The most egregious fukk ups were Snyder's.

DCEU is back off a revised movie? :russ:

Didn't Wonder Woman, the latest original movie, just get panned?

You got people calling for Flash to time travel just to reboot to another universe because they so badly botched the first one.

Focus on individual movies because the Justice League is dead.

One thing that's pretty bad in both versions imo is the damn Superman v The League scene. From the CG to the action, shyt is lacking and off. Maybe because you can tell they're standing around in a studio? Idk :patrice:

That's a major flaw with the movie. The entire world looks so drab and fake. The effects team was god awful.

Last edited:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I prefer DC over Marvel but Zach could have filmed 20 hours and no, just no. Get this hack away from DC as far as possible.