Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
All producers meddle. They’re the ones writing the checks. Bond producers meddle. Spielberg meddled. Bruckenheimer meddled. Don Simpson meddled. A lot.

Unless the director has it in their contract that they have final cut, their movie isn’t going to just be their vision

Some people still don't understand this

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And this is my problem with people using this new version of Justice League, and the Ultimate cut of BvS. Just throwing extra runtime at shyt is not a cure-all, and ultimately shouldn't be.

If you absolutely need three to four hours to tell your story every single time, that means you probably need to work on telling your story more effectively. I watched the Ultimate cut of BvS, and while it's much better and I enjoyed it, I still wouldn't go as far as saying that it's a good movie. The problem, even with the extra runtime, is the same as the theatrical cut. The movie tries to cover far too much ground, and the tone is such that it struggles to make either Superman or Batman the character the polar opposites they're supposed to be, and make the viewer choose or identify with one over the other. No amount of extra scenes was going to fix that, since it's a fundamental issue for most people.

None of this makes sense. You are saying that the extra runtime made the movie better but then you are also saying that they don't need extra runtime to tell the story... But then you are saying that they are cramming too much into one movie..

The stories do need to be that long to be told effectively... Snyder wasn't hired originally to tell a JL movie in two hours. He was given a 3-film deal and then the studio started changing everything before BvS came out.

The problem with the WB execs at the time.. they didn't believe the quality would matter to their bottom line. They thought they could cut corners and still churn out a billy.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
we’ve seen video companies do similar moves bending to loud fans only to see those fans represent a minority of the buying public. All the bytching and moaning about mass effect 3 didn’t come from every single person who bought the game. But geek properties like mass effect and comic book movies, are especially tuned in to social media because that’s where a lot of us talk our shyt at. Tossing 70 mil at him to do that when you’re already gobbling up subs with your other content makes it an easy move in my eyes. Shrug

Disagree because the metrics show that the demand is there and the hype is real. i agree with some of your points here on nerd culture but this is mainstream. Wonder Woman movie just helped HBO MAX grow substantially. Snyder Cut trailer views are breaking records.. these are the metrics that AT&T care about. The DC brand is a huge part of HBO and will always be.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
None of this makes sense. You are saying that the extra runtime made the movie better but then you are also saying that they don't need extra runtime to tell the story... But then you are saying that they are cramming too much into one movie..

The stories do need to be that long to be told effectively... Snyder wasn't hired originally to tell a JL movie in two hours. He was given a 3-film deal and then the studio started changing everything before BvS came out.

The problem with the WB execs at the time.. they didn't believe the quality would matter to their bottom line. They thought they could cut corners and still churn out a billy.
Church

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Disagree because the metrics show that the demand is there and the hype is real. i agree with some of your points here on nerd culture but this is mainstream. Wonder Woman movie just helped HBO MAX grow substantially. Snyder Cut trailer views are breaking records.. these are the metrics that AT&T care about. The DC brand is a huge part of HBO and will always be.
But nerd culture is mainstream enough where a movie like the avengers can break billions of dollars but not every fan who buys a ticket is going to just bang down the door.

I just don’t buy this notion that of the people who saw JL when it dropped that the people who demanded this version are a majority of those people. Is it a lot? Yes. But it’s still a vocal minority. But I’ll also never believe that based on how the internet is. But like you said agree to disagree.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
this whole "meddling" shyt can be overblown too. There's good meddling and bad. This was a clear case of bad. Cats act like producers don't meddle with films all the time. To think that Feige hasn't done it is kinda delusional. On his end though, he has the benefit of the doubt.

Yes but Feige is the central figure. We've heard that he meddles a lot and that's to be expected and some directors realize that some don't. Edgar left Ant-Man because of it..

Meddling can be one or two changes here and there or it can be to the point where a director is ready to strangle someone. The Vanity Fair piece paints the picture of what Snyder had to deal with from the old Warner Bros. CEO..

Big huge tentpole movies cost SO much that studios are sweating even before pen to pad begins. So i get where they are coming from but if they don't understand what the fans want then they are going to potentially ruin a franchise.

Disney almost ruined Star Wars. Now Favreau creator of The Mandalorian has a lot of control because he earned it and the people at LucasFilm gotta get out the way.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yes but Feige is the central figure. We've heard that he meddles a lot and that's to be expected and some directors realize that some don't. Edgar left Ant-Man because of it..

Meddling can be one or two changes here and there or it can be to the point where a director is ready to strangle someone. The Vanity Fair piece paints the picture of what Snyder had to deal with from the old Warner Bros. CEO..

Big huge tentpole movies cost SO much that studios are sweating even before pen to pad begins. So i get where they are coming from but if they don't understand what the fans want then they are going to potentially ruin a franchise.

Disney almost ruined Star Wars. Now Favreau creator of The Mandalorian has a lot of control because he earned it and the people at LucasFilm gotta get out the way.

Yup. Cats forgot about the Edgar shyt with Ant-Man. :francis:

I still don't see how Star Wars can be saved except to retcon the sequel trilogy. They need to pretend that shyt doesn't exist. I respect Favreau, Filoni and George trying to fix shyt with Mando tho. But there's only one real way to Fix SW post Mando/ROTJ...and that is to bush the sequel trilogy. They fukked it up. Still refuse to see Ep 9 because of it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I still don't see how Star Wars can be saved except to retcon the sequel trilogy. They need to pretend that shyt doesn't exist. I respect Favreau, Filoni and George trying to fix shyt with Mando tho. But there's only one real way to Fix SW post Mando/ROTJ...and that is to bush the sequel trilogy. They fukked it up. Still refuse to see Ep 9 because of it.

i believe the current plan is attempt to explain some elements in greater detail and ignore the rest :russ: They gotta steer clear of that sequel timeline the best they can. A sequel down the road will have to be set years away from the Rey/Finn era..

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
i believe the current plan is attempt to explain some elements in greater detail and ignore the rest :russ: They gotta steer clear of that sequel timeline the best they can. A sequel down the road will have to be set years away from the Rey/Finn era..

Rather have them do Rey/Finn "who". Make that shyt in another dimension or something. SW movies don't exist after Ep 6 for me.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yup. Cats forgot about the Edgar shyt with Ant-Man. :francis:

Still fukk with last Jedi :hubie:

like I said before, only Star Wars movie directed by a legitimately good director and it shows.

But I think on that front with Star Wars it really does come down to finding a way to please the hardcore fan base which is kinda this whole discussion.

My nephew loves all the new Star Wars movies. He’s thrilled with them. My goddaughter loves them as well. No beef. And it ain’t like the money is drying up and the toys and merch prints money for them.

the problem is pleasing those of us who’ve watched these movies for decades and complain about it on Twitter. And having someone who is a much better producer than he is a director overseeing two of the three movies.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Still fukk with last Jedi :hubie:

like I said before, only Star Wars movie directed by a legitimately good director and it shows.

But I think on that front with Star Wars it really does come down to finding a way to please the hardcore fan base which is kinda this whole discussion.

My nephew loves all the new Star Wars movies. He’s thrilled with them. My goddaughter loves them as well. No beef. And it ain’t like the money is drying up and the toys and merch prints money for them.

the problem is pleasing those of us who’ve watched these movies for decades and complain about it on Twitter. And having someone who is a much better producer than he is a director overseeing two of the three movies.

I Might have to neg you for this.

that movie destroyed the franchise