Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
One of the bad things about this movie getting released is it causes a lot of backwards looking. This is a one off they’re doing for subs and for the fans who demanded it. shyt isn’t going to go anywhere so dissecting the problems of the past get you nowhere.

Warners took a bet on Nolan who in turn took a bet on Snyder. He liked zacks vision. The difference between what dc did and what marvel does is the masses responded to Feige’s vision. That doesn’t mean one is better than the other. It means the people responded more but at the end of the day that’s the bottom line because it’s all about the bottom line.

@hex and a few others are talking about the difficulty in pulling it off and the benefits of having one vision steering the ship. Bond is a good example of how that works and doesn’t work at times. One family runs that franchise and has since the 60s. For the most part, audiences respond well to what they do. And that’s obvious since he’s been around for almost 60 years. But there are moments even with one person in control where audiences said “nah.”

like @hex said this shyt really isn’t that “easy” as people think it is. It involves a lot of luck and being in the right place at the right time. Some bond movies people didn’t respond to at the time are adored now and some that were adored are poo poo’d now. It’s all about meeting the audience where they are and their sensibilities at the time.

The majority will probably never be on board for Snyder’s vision. So that means as a business decision he’s gotta go lol. Not saying that as a diss to the man but if it isn’t connecting then you cut bait and find someone who can make it happen the way you want and meet the audience halfway.

And no, patty Jenkins isn’t a bad director because she made a movie you didn’t like. She made something that didn’t connect with you but that’s not because she’s bad at her job. Snyder isn’t a bad director either. Every director or writer has their strengths and weaknesses. His strength is visuals and details while his weaknesses (for me) are character and dialogue. Those things weren’t going to improve if he stayed on and executed his vision

Agree.

However, I wouldn't count out the possibility of "potentially" allowing Zach to finish his story somehow. Even in a limited HBO Max capacity.

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i don't see some of you realizing that Joker ended up being the most profitable CBM of all time. it cost ballpark $70-80M and grossed well over $1B at the box office.

That alone shows that CBM's don't always have to be connected or lead to something.. People want good movies and the Whedon cut was simply trash.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Warners took a bet on Nolan who in turn took a bet on Snyder. He liked zacks vision. The difference between what dc did and what marvel does is the masses responded to Feige’s vision.

breh.. the difference is as you say Nolan saw Snyder's vision but WB got cold feet before BvS even came out. There's a reason why at the end of the day Man of Steel and BvS Director's Cut and Zack Snyder's Justice League are all pretty well received and what WB tried to do (chop up BvS.. Whedon's cut of JL..Suicide Squad) is not well received..

Snyder had a vision and people wanted to see that through. WB only saw potential $ on the table and didn't allow it to simmer. They put the food out cold...

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
everything doesn't have to be a connected universe tho. Just because Marvel did it successfully doesn't mean it should be the blueprint for everyone. I know Hollywood is copycat as fukk tho so whatever. Even within the MCU, let's not act like all of the films were good. a lot were meh and average and all these movies have their flaws. What the MCU did was make you care about all of the movies, even the suspect ones, wanting to see the endgame of the journey. (no pun intended).

If you want to do the connected universe thing, you can't rush it. Marvel took a damn decade to execute and pull it off. You will never see that shyt again IMO. But that doesn't mean that you can't be successful doing different eras and universes for your films. And DC did correct this. I have ZERO doubt that the new Batman films won't be fire. Last WW was average as hell, but they can fix that easily with WW3. Aquaman was dope. The Joker one off side movie was dope. Shazam was good. Birds of Prey was solid as hell (but name your movie better next time? :pachaha:)

There's plenty of room for to do different types of shyt without having it all be connected. You also don't pigeonhole yourself that way. I like that Feige says he will keep Deadpool 3 Rated R and I hope he doesn't fall back on that. I love with they did with the Netflix Marvel joints in that tone, we need this as well. Let the darker characters and toned comics be that way.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that AT&T will let Snyder finish his vision. Another movie or 2, hell HBO Max series potentially to end his story arc would be great.

Birds of prey was the worst DC film I have ever seen period.. Talking about an unlikeable main character.. Her voice was like listening to nails across a chalk board and she wouldn’t stop talking.. fukk that movie, they ruined that character

As far as everything else, other than Thor 2, IM3 and the unnecessary second gaurdians movie, I enjoyed all the other MCU movies. They weren’t all great but they were a fun watch, dumb popcorn flick.. They also served their purpose

We don’t NEED a connected universe like the infinity saga, but we NEED for the movies to atleast feel like they are in the same universe, at least acknowledge the other situations. And take your time with fleshing out these characters before you do the super hero team up.. THats not a lot to ask for..

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
breh.. the difference is as you say Nolan saw Snyder's vision but WB got cold feet before BvS even came out. There's a reason why at the end of the day Man of Steel and BvS Director's Cut and Zack Snyder's Justice League are all pretty well received and what WB tried to do (chop up BvS.. Whedon's cut of JL..Suicide Squad) is not well received..

Snyder had a vision and people wanted to see that through. WB only saw potential $ on the table and didn't allow it to simmer. They put the food out cold...
I hear that but I can’t say enough people wanted to see it if there was diminishing returns. Man of steel didn’t do what they wanted it to financially. Neither did BvS hence that huge drop off in its second week of release.

That’s why the studio got cold feet. Movies got more expensive and weren’t going to suddenly get cheaper. Meanwhile the return isn’t adding up. One thing Feige did really well in the early days and still to this day is keep costs down. It gives more leeway for things

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I hear that but I can’t say enough people wanted to see it if there was diminishing returns. Man of steel didn’t do what they wanted it to financially. Neither did BvS hence that huge drop off in its second week of release.

that's because WB chopped the story up before BvS came out. Man of Steel did fine for an origin. it would have done more if they hadn't already put out Superman Returns imo

The hype for BvS was through the roof. Opening was on :fire: but then it was "hold on.. this story makes no sense" but if you watched the Director's Cut it made perfect sense.

That's what i mean. WB got cold feet and started messing with Snyder's vision BEFORE BvS even came out. They chopped it down from three hours and damn near ruined it.

Now Snyder's JL is also well received. Snyder had a vision and WB didn't commit to it.. You have to let directors do they thing unless you have a Feige overseeing and they didn't have the one central figure.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
that's because WB chopped the story up before BvS came out. Man of Steel did fine for an origin. it would have done more if they hadn't already put out Superman Returns imo

The hype for BvS was through the roof. Opening was on :fire: but then it was "hold on.. this story makes no sense" but if you watched the Director's Cut it made perfect sense.

That's what i mean. WB got cold feet and started messing with Snyder's vision BEFORE BvS even came out. They chopped it down from three hours and damn near ruined it.

Now Snyder's JL is also well received. Snyder had a vision and WB didn't commit to it.. You have to let directors do they thing unless you have a Feige overseeing and they didn't have the one central figure.
i agree about Superman returns fukking up MOS at the box office....at that time I remember thinking “why they keep on putting out these wack ass new Superman movies” I skipped it in theatres and didn’t see it until it came out on Blu-ray. It’s a above average movie but a good “comic book movie” it surprised me for sure especially the super powered fight scenes which were great. The story itself had holes and character development was rushed but overall should have done way better than it did. That Brandon routh trash bag captain underpants supe fukked the bag up. Sometimes u gotta let a franchise breathe after a fuc up. Look at how Sony did spidey after amazing Spider-Man 2....let it breathe and gave it to marvel where his next “movie” was only an anticipated appearance...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

but not everyone knows it was chopped and screwed. That’s my point. The general audience doesn’t know that shyt nor do they care. Even tho I think the directors cut shyts on the original and makes it a better film it’s still the same vision that people weren’t feeling. Tinkering around the edges and adding more scenes doesn’t change that.

there are plenty of movies cut the fukk up in the editing bay. Look at jaws for instance. But if the audience is feeling the tone of what they get then none of that matters to them at the end of the day because they won’t be able to tell and won’t care.

To assume giving them the three hour version would’ve changed fortunes is a hell of an assumption

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Birds of prey was the worst DC film I have ever seen period.. Talking about an unlikeable main character.. Her voice was like listening to nails across a chalk board and she wouldn’t stop talking.. fukk that movie, they ruined that character

As far as everything else, other than Thor 2, IM3 and the unnecessary second gaurdians movie, I enjoyed all the other MCU movies. They weren’t all great but they were a fun watch, dumb popcorn flick.. They also served their purpose

We don’t NEED a connected universe like the infinity saga, but we NEED for the movies to atleast feel like they are in the same universe, at least acknowledge the other situations. And take your time with fleshing out these characters before you do the super hero team up.. THats not a lot to ask for..
That's not really something that is needed. That is just a case of people thinking the connected MCU is the default for Comic Book Movies and everyone should follow at least the high level rule that everyone exists in the same world.
Batman never has to mention Superman; Superman never has to mention Wonder Woman; Wonder Woman never has to mention Aquaman and on and on...
None of that is necessary to make an entertaining film. We had many CBMs that were pretty good that all existed in their own little worlds separate from other CBMs for quite a while before the MCU.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's not really something that is needed. That is just a case of people thinking the connected MCU is the default for Comic Book Movies and everyone should follow at least the high level rule that everyone exists in the same world.
Batman never has to mention Superman; Superman never has to mention Wonder Woman; Wonder Woman never has to mention Aquaman and on and on...
None of that is necessary to make an entertaining film. We had many CBMs that were pretty good that all existed in their own little worlds separate from other CBMs for quite a while before the MCU.
Bingo.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
And I disagree. Even if it’s not on a JL level I atleast want to see other heroes apart of these movies. Every other variation of dc content has this. Why can’t the movies take their time to get it right?