Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So, WB been meddling and messing things up and mainly because they didn't have anyone to oversee the DCEU and didn't trust Snyder to be that person.

They had some level of trust for Snyder at first or else they wouldn't have signed the three movie deal. But they weren't all in on Snyder as Nolan was.. not even because of Snyder himself. They were just tryna cut corners as much as possible to get to the billion grossers...

Don't happen that way. They thought well Nolan has two billion grossers.. Avengers has one.. this shyt simple. it's not. Batman Begins was a hit but not a huge one.. they had to lay the groundwork. Marvel/Avengers had to eat shyt for years outside of the first iron man before they got to the mountain top.

When you cut corners and disrupt the plan all you gonna get is an unfinished product that pleases no one.

i'm happy for Snyder to have his moment.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Yup. Cats forgot about the Edgar shyt with Ant-Man. :francis:

I still don't see how Star Wars can be saved except to retcon the sequel trilogy. They need to pretend that shyt doesn't exist. I respect Favreau, Filoni and George trying to fix shyt with Mando tho. But there's only one real way to Fix SW post Mando/ROTJ...and that is to bush the sequel trilogy. They fukked it up. Still refuse to see Ep 9 because of it.

Star Wars has survived Ewoks, the holiday special, and the prequels. It’ll be fine

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It doesn’t make sense after seeing marvel get it right, that’s my point. Back during the old Batman movie we just assumed it costed too much or the Hollywood studios didn’t really understand the comics like that and they just used the most mainstream characters and made decent to good movies.

However mcu laid a simple blueprint and WB tried to mimick it but fails caused they ain’t build up the characters. They rushed it, so how about instead of throwing in the towel and saying it’s too hard. How about they take a step back and just fukking copy marvel. Like I said it doesn’t have to be JL level. Just take your time and make it work
They haven't thrown in the towel though. They basically are treating the movies like the comics...if the creators want to bring the rest of the DCU into it then that's fine but there isn't a mandate that they have to include other parts of the DCU.
So you can get things like Shazam where they make mention of the other heroes but you could also get Wonder Woman 2 where the world is narrowly focused on Diana only.
I personally don't have a problem with that plan.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That’s fair. Like I said that’s not how it hit me at all. Still doesn’t hit me that way after several viewings. I think with more room to breathe for that particular conflict then I’m good. But as it stands? Meh. Then I let it go and started looking forward to the Batman :russ:

That's what's great about the multiverse to me. Nolan's Batman don't gottfa be your Batman. Snyder's Batman don't gotta be. Matt Reeves 'The Batman' don't gotta be for everyone either.

These are characters that have been around for 75 years. Different interpretations are welcome :manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
yeah you got a whole lot more out of that than I did. Easily. I don’t mind the Martha scene cause I get what he’s going for. So I agree it’s snowing his humanity there and Bruce says damn okay I’m being a jerk which I said before.

Like I said my issue is execution. For me that’s more telling when referring to your last example of the newspaper article. That’s precisely telling. To truly get from point A to the point B I’m talking about that requires these characters spending more time together on screen. More interactions than what they had. But like @Legal said maybe that shyt just wasn’t possible based on the scope of the movie.

I’m glad it got you there with what was there but for me it didn’t.
I always looked at the animosity Batman had as him being someone who was at the Twin Towers when they fell and lost people that day and comes away from it with an illogical hatred of Muslims without differentiating between terrorists and regular everyday people of the faith. So to him Superman is just an alien that was responsible for the deaths of thousands people including some who worked for him and who he felt personally responsible for.
So he had Superman labeled in his mind as an "Other" and that made it easier to decide that the only way to stop something like what happened when the Kryptonians attacked from happening again was to kill the only remaining alien on the planet.

All of that was conveyed (for me at least) in the flashback scenes on the ground during Superman's fight with Zod and all the death and destruction that was happening that Bruce Wayne was helpless to do anything about...and Batman being made to feel helpless is the worst thing you can do to him because it takes him back to being that little boy in the alley watching his parents be murdered (which is why we got the 974th retelling of Thomas and Martha Wayne getting capped). So all of that stuff coupled with him being a grizzled old vigilante who's seen some things and lost some folk along the way made him such a singularly focused dikk to Superman.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
They haven't thrown in the towel though. They basically are treating the movies like the comics...if the creators want to bring the rest of the DCU into it then that's fine but there isn't a mandate that they have to include other parts of the DCU.
So you can get things like Shazam where they make mention of the other heroes but you could also get Wonder Woman 2 where the world is narrowly focused on Diana only.
I personally don't have a problem with that plan.
I think we agree for the most part. Idk. I just don’t like to see shyt half assed and then the blame doesn’t go where it should. That leads to continued mistakes. Whatever I am not going to argue this anymore. This movie better be fire tho.

Like to be honest. I didn’t hate the OG movie. While I completely understand the hate that it got. I was still entertained so I’m optimistic.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They had some level of trust for Snyder at first or else they wouldn't have signed the three movie deal. But they weren't all in on Snyder as Nolan was.. not even because of Snyder himself. They were just tryna cut corners as much as possible to get to the billion grossers...

Don't happen that way. They thought well Nolan has two billion grossers.. Avengers has one.. this shyt simple. it's not. Batman Begins was a hit but not a huge one.. they had to lay the groundwork. Marvel/Avengers had to eat shyt for years outside of the first iron man before they got to the mountain top.

When you cut corners and disrupt the plan all you gonna get is an unfinished product that pleases no one.

i'm happy for Snyder to have his moment.

Well the level of trust was limited, because they wanted to have their say even during the production of BvS. And that's not a big deal, all movie studios oversee the process of what they financed. And if they have issues or concerns, they should have every right to have a say in the matter. The movie business is BUSINESS first. And WB had a LONG and GOOD relationship with Snyder up to that point. And typically it is agreed that WB make their suggestions, to include runtime, and there's usually a "Snyder Cut" that's released afterwards. That's what it was with Watchmen, Sucker Punch, BvS.. there's even Legends of the Guardians had an extended cut.

So, it's not so much of WB intervening from time to time and make suggestions in adjusting some scenes or change certain things or put in a runtime. That's normal. That's why they have those screeners to judge what works and what doesn't and reshoots. Those things are normal for everything film. But because WB had HUGE expectations with BvS and it didn't come through and the backlash that came with it... they panicked. And truth be told, a BATMAN VERSUS SUPERMAN should of been a 1 BILLION grossing movie, because it is two of the most ICONIC superhero characters ever, and because two times a Batman movie crossed a billion and Man of Steel was a positive 700M success. WB wasn't in the wrong in that expectation of seeing this come through. And if a R-rated JOKER movie can gross over a BILLION and that's without CHINA. There's not much of an excuse. MCU circumstances were different because Marvel at the time were dealing with C-listed superheroes with the promise of an Avengers movie. So they had to INTRODUCE to many who weren't aware of those characters because they weren't as popular in the comics as X-Men or Spider-Man. Whereas with DC, they have two of the most iconic superheroes going to face each other. That should of been a billion dollar grab.

The problem was BvS was both AHEAD of it's time and not the film that people expected or WANTED, and that's in large part of the MCU heavy influence. It was ahead of it's time, because dark, moody and grim superhero films and shows weren't poppin' back then. Now, you have shows like Umbrella Academy, Legion, and The Boys. You had movies like Brightburn, Joker, Logan. It has become more acceptable to have those types of movies when the main criticism with BvS was the fact it was dark, it wasn't "fun" and adventurous. In contrast they loved Civil War for those reasons of being fun and adventurous. Snyder was taking big risks. Killing of Superman after one film was a huge risk that some people didn't understand completely. They don't read the comics or didn't want the movie to end on a depressing note. Other did complete of how it was edited courtesy of WB to save time. But to assume that WB was wrong in thinking it should of reached one billion and missed it's mark, I believe you are a bit off on that. Now, had that movie been out TODAY, it surely would because we are in a different climate. But back then.. .and this was PRE-TRUMP too, the whole pessimism theme wasn't sticking.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But to assume that WB was wrong in thinking it should of reached one billion and missed it's mark, I believe you are a bit off on that. Now, had that movie been out TODAY, it surely would because we are in a different climate. But back then.. .and this was PRE-TRUMP too, the whole pessimism theme wasn't sticking.

They weren't wrong on that.. but they were wrong in chopping up the story and that's what led to a drop off after the hot opening. The hype was there. Just as the hype is still here now.. so that's what they were wrong on. They can meddle but they meddled too much on BvS... JL they were in panic mode. Another thing they overreacted to was about the $1B B.O. point.. i mean it still made money. it was still $875M. it would have easily cleared that billy if they left it alone Re: BvS.

Daps
hivpKed.png

giphy.gif