Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Xavier

Iconic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where Kings Will Dream
I mean we done told yall Snyder is a complete hack. How you have the super hero titans of the comic book universe — Superman, Batman, Flash on your screen for 4 hours and the movie still ends up being only just a little better than the original?? :dead: All these bad reviews cannot just be blind hatred for the DCEU

The best thing the DCEU could’ve ever done was pay Christopher Nolan tens of millions to direct everything from MoS onwards, then have Snyder come in later and direct the visuals in each film.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
yea imma just wait n see, tired of getting hyped for nothing. I was gonna rewatch the OG justice league before hand to compare but i had to think think on if i wanted to sit through that garbage... and I don't. i wanna see martian manhunter and I hope my guy gets his due, nikka really underrated and underused.

I'd love zach on WW3 only as a fight choreographer (lessen the slow mo) and some visuals stuff, they'd need new n better writers. as for a director patty is trash and this reeves hard on needs to stop... she'd need a co director.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
You are ignoring like 50 - years of movie history where no one even tried it due to the perceived degree of difficulty. And Phase 1 and 2 had some of Marvel's most well received movies Ironman 3, Captain America The Winter Soldier and GotG.
This shyt ain’t as hard as WB makes it seem. The only difficult thing to do is keep all the actors on board.

WB is fukking up cause money and business comes before art and creativity. These execs are business first and in business you go with what worked in the past. You are not thinking outside the box. In order to make the MCU work Disney had to step back and let marvel be the creative force. All Disney did was cut a check

They do what makes business sense, like put out another WW movie, a separate joker, and alt Batman movie because they are popular characters, instead of using that money to build into the JL universe by trying to continue to connect the dots. They basically quit trying to do the universe mid way just to focus on cashing out on the characters. It’s business, but it’s short sighted.

Put it this way if this movie is well liked and gets an overall good response it will force WB to continue building on this universe.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When you only have 1 success, 2 failures, and 1 decent one.

Does that really count as scientific evidence of it being difficult.

Just look at how basic cookie cutter phase 1 and phase 2 of Marvel. They didn't do anything special but make basic film with a couple of hits. It started off hot with Iron Man. All they had to do was make decent entries with little short camoes and plot connections to keep the momentum going...

DC almost had that and fumbled it immediately after Man of Steel.

Again, this is shyt you're saying retroactively.

Criticizing "phase 1" or "phase 2" for being cookie cutter is kinda ridiculous when prior to that there never was a phase 1 or a phase 2 of a multi-part connected universe to begin with.

If this was so easy to do then it would be a trend. As it stands the MCU is 1-of-1. You can say "well, that's because of Hollywood incompetence"....cool....if Marvel was incompetent at any point in the process, the company would've ceased to exist. So that's another hurdle they had to over come, same as anyone else that has attempted it since.

And DC didn't really fumble "Man Of Steel". The root of their issue was time. Marvel started their CU first, everyone else was playing catch up. DC tried to go the same route with half the time invested, which is why you had crazy shyt like "Guardians Of The Galaxy" out grossing a Superman movie. Because people were more invested in Marvel, due to being with the characters longer.

If you ignore everything else I'm saying, focus on the time aspect of all this.

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This shyt ain’t as hard as WB makes it seem. The only difficult thing to do is keep all the actors on board.

WB is fukking up cause money and business comes before art and creativity. These execs are business first and in business you go with what worked in the past. You are not thinking outside the box. In order to make the MCU work Disney had to step back and let marvel be the creative force. All Disney did was cut a check

They do what makes business sense, like put out another WW movie, a separate joker, and alt Batman movie because they are popular characters, instead of using that money to build into the JL universe by trying to continue to connect the dots. They basically quit trying to do the universe mid way just to focus on cashing out on the characters. It’s business, but it’s short sighted.

Put it this way if this movie is well liked and gets an overall good response it will force WB to continue building on this universe.

everything doesn't have to be a connected universe tho. Just because Marvel did it successfully doesn't mean it should be the blueprint for everyone. I know Hollywood is copycat as fukk tho so whatever. Even within the MCU, let's not act like all of the films were good. a lot were meh and average and all these movies have their flaws. What the MCU did was make you care about all of the movies, even the suspect ones, wanting to see the endgame of the journey. (no pun intended).

If you want to do the connected universe thing, you can't rush it. Marvel took a damn decade to execute and pull it off. You will never see that shyt again IMO. But that doesn't mean that you can't be successful doing different eras and universes for your films. And DC did correct this. I have ZERO doubt that the new Batman films won't be fire. Last WW was average as hell, but they can fix that easily with WW3. Aquaman was dope. The Joker one off side movie was dope. Shazam was good. Birds of Prey was solid as hell (but name your movie better next time? :pachaha:)

There's plenty of room for to do different types of shyt without having it all be connected. You also don't pigeonhole yourself that way. I like that Feige says he will keep Deadpool 3 Rated R and I hope he doesn't fall back on that. I love with they did with the Netflix Marvel joints in that tone, we need this as well. Let the darker characters and toned comics be that way.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that AT&T will let Snyder finish his vision. Another movie or 2, hell HBO Max series potentially to end his story arc would be great.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
everything doesn't have to be a connected universe tho. Just because Marvel did it successfully doesn't mean it should be the blueprint for everyone. I know Hollywood is copycat as fukk tho so whatever. Even within the MCU, let's not act like all of the films were good. a lot were meh and average and all these movies have their flaws. What the MCU did was make you care about all of the movies, even the suspect ones, wanting to see the endgame of the journey. (no pun intended).

If you want to do the connected universe thing, you can't rush it. Marvel took a damn decade to execute and pull it off. You will never see that shyt again IMO. But that doesn't mean that you can't be successful doing different eras and universes for your films. And DC did correct this. I have ZERO doubt that the new Batman films won't be fire. Last WW was average as hell, but they can fix that easily with WW3. Aquaman was dope. The Joker one off side movie was dope. Shazam was good. Birds of Prey was solid as hell (but name your movie better next time? :pachaha:)

There's plenty of room for to do different types of shyt without having it all be connected. You also don't pigeonhole yourself that way. I like that Feige says he will keep Deadpool 3 Rated R and I hope he doesn't fall back on that. I love with they did with the Netflix Marvel joints in that tone, we need this as well. Let the darker characters and toned comics be that way.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that AT&T will let Snyder finish his vision. Another movie or 2, hell HBO Max series potentially to end his story arc would be great.

Exactly, all of this.

DC seen the success of Marvel and tried to hop on the trend late as fukk. It would be like just randomly jumping in an All-Star Game without all the rigorous training NBA players go through.
But still expecting the same results. :gucci:

And yeah, I've been said probably half of the MCU is mid as fukk but nobody cares because of the future pay off. I thought "Ironman 3" was wack as fukk....did that matter when I was watching "Infinity War?" fukk no. Nobody else has that kind of time invested in the characters, to the point that the audience is willing to over look missteps along the way. Which again, is why nobody else has pulled this off. Time alone makes it damn near impossible, especially now.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
1. I disagree

Thor and Hulks movies were those missteps you're alluding to and Marvel was fine.They recasted Hulk between films ffs. Nobody cared

2. The novelty of these characters from recent movies all coming together in the first Avengers film was just too good to pass up at the time. And a lot of that novelty came from the virtue of being first :manny:

They deserve props for even attempting it. But I'll be real, nobody I knew saw the Thor movie by the time Avengers came out. The ends justified the means.

I numbered what you said because #2 is why #1 doesn't matter. Like I said:

And yeah, I've been said probably half of the MCU is mid as fukk but nobody cares because of the future pay off. I thought "Ironman 3" was wack as fukk....did that matter when I was watching "Infinity War?" fukk no. Nobody else has that kind of time invested in the characters, to the point that the audience is willing to over look missteps along the way. Which again, is why nobody else has pulled this off. Time alone makes it damn near impossible, especially now.

Fred.

I been saying this for years man.

And when I say "missteps", I mean flops. I mean, bad enough to stop the momentum of the connected universe. The first "Thor" was trash but it did damn near $500 mill. That's not a misstep.

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Exactly, all of this.

DC seen the success of Marvel and tried to hop on the trend late as fukk. It would be like just randomly jumping in an All-Star Game without all the rigorous training NBA players go through.
But still expecting the same results. :gucci:

Fred.

Bolded true as shyt. Even Feige has said on record that shorter arcs are in the future because he knows he hit a lick on what they did with the Infinity Saga.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
One of the bad things about this movie getting released is it causes a lot of backwards looking. This is a one off they’re doing for subs and for the fans who demanded it. shyt isn’t going to go anywhere so dissecting the problems of the past get you nowhere.

Warners took a bet on Nolan who in turn took a bet on Snyder. He liked zacks vision. The difference between what dc did and what marvel does is the masses responded to Feige’s vision. That doesn’t mean one is better than the other. It means the people responded more but at the end of the day that’s the bottom line because it’s all about the bottom line.

@hex and a few others are talking about the difficulty in pulling it off and the benefits of having one vision steering the ship. Bond is a good example of how that works and doesn’t work at times. One family runs that franchise and has since the 60s. For the most part, audiences respond well to what they do. And that’s obvious since he’s been around for almost 60 years. But there are moments even with one person in control where audiences said “nah.”

like @hex said this shyt really isn’t that “easy” as people think it is. It involves a lot of luck and being in the right place at the right time. Some bond movies people didn’t respond to at the time are adored now and some that were adored are poo poo’d now. It’s all about meeting the audience where they are and their sensibilities at the time.

The majority will probably never be on board for Snyder’s vision. So that means as a business decision he’s gotta go lol. Not saying that as a diss to the man but if it isn’t connecting then you cut bait and find someone who can make it happen the way you want and meet the audience halfway.

And no, patty Jenkins isn’t a bad director because she made a movie you didn’t like. She made something that didn’t connect with you but that’s not because she’s bad at her job. Snyder isn’t a bad director either. Every director or writer has their strengths and weaknesses. His strength is visuals and details while his weaknesses (for me) are character and dialogue. Those things weren’t going to improve if he stayed on and executed his vision