Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is he brooding and depressed? He is coming to terms that he is a alien super powered being that should use his power for good while also maintaining his civilian life, and he is also seen as a threat and is misunderstood by the very people he is trying to protect. Any real person would have a multitude of emotions and feelings if they had to deal with that.
If you read John Byrne's Superman run, Cavil isn't that isn't that far off from that interpretation.

Not only is that the energy he gives off to me,he even said it himself:martin:

The man is telling you that he is only doing this because he thinks "changing the world" for the better its what his father wanted. Then in that same movie he tells Lois "you are my world" which was a call back to what Clarks father said about Martha . Saying she gave him faith there was good in the world and became his world. This is Superman essentially telling us he doesn't give a fukk about the rest of us because he does it all for Lois like homie said lol.

This Superman is like if it ain’t Lois then :martin: why can’t these people stay out of trouble.

I will admit it actually all makes sense after reading what Snyders ultimate plan was. Its easy to see how a pregnant Lois being killed would make it so easy to turn this Superman against the world. Deep down this version of Superman doesn't actually give a damn about anybody but himself and Lois anyway. Say what you will,but a Superman who isn't genuinely a good person,and isn't a man of the people,ain't my Superman:martin:.

Plus to me it really betrays what we saw in MOS,which was a guy who wanted a normal life. But couldn't stop doing the right thing even for strangers,even at the risk of exposing himself. Even with his father in one moment telling him not to do the right thing:wow:. If the idea is we are supposed to be watching Superman devolve into a villian for the past couple movies,then Snyder got it right I guess. But there won't really be a pay off, because this version of Superman becoming evil wouldn't be suprising. Darkseid could probably just set Clark up using a sexy decoy,and get Lois to dump him. 95% chance this version of Superman would go on a mass shooter esque rampage without using the Anti Life Equation smh.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was just unnecessary since it didn’t lead to Lois getting her job back or anything else. Should’ve just had MM cameo at the end.

The MM reveal is purely fan service, but the POINT of him as Martha coming to see Lois Lane is because in his words, "the world needs her". Now, it's unclear why he has a sudden interest but it's hinted or loosely implied that he's been getting the same premonitions as Bruce, which is why he went to see Bruce in the epilogue talking about Darkseid and the Anti-Life Equation. If Lois indeed the key, then of course he's checking on her.

His talk as Martha to encourage her to move on is also what prompted Lois to return to work, but say her last goodbye at the memorial. Had he not talked to Lois prior to that, Lois wouldn't of gain the motivation to visit.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
:ohhh: : “Soooo.... what’s your super power?”

full

full

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Wow josh weldhon is trash and :mjpls:. This was way better than the OG. Def could’ve been trimmed down but excellent nonetheless. You guys were right about Snyder having a better film and the studio execs fukking up this movie. Better character background, development and incite. Cyborg was really the star of this film, my god he got hacked with the edit. Flash was better too ( not afraid of bugs and being extra scary), liked his interactions with Aquaman. Still hate his running style. :huhldup: Didn’t think this movie would be that different but it was and was much better. I wonder what’s next?

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
You wish it's that way but one flaw to your logic: ZACK SNYDER NEVER WATCHED THE WHEDON THEATRICAL CUT.

So, everything is his ORIGINAL CUT with ZERO% of what Whedon put in.

Also, what you mean "3 years" in development? He was greenlit to finish his POST PRODUCTION just last year! The only reshoot was the Knightmare/Manhunter scenes.

You wish it to be one way.... but it's the other way. :sas2:

Wow...Whedon/WB cut THAT much out the movie originally? :pachaha:

I re-watched the Snyder cut yesterday (this time in spurts. Which pretty much took all day) and I take back some of my statements earlier in the thread when i trashed it.

Even though I’m part of the minority that didnt mind the Whedon cut. This movie is better.

There are flaws there and honestly if he would have cut AT LEAST half an hour out of this (which included those 2 epilogue scenes). The movie would have been about 3 hours and 15 minutes at the MOST.

But i understand him going all out since the studio gave him the green light to do whatever he wanted.

But the fact that he shot a majority of the movie and after he left and/or got fired. The studio panicked, hired a director who was successful with another franchise, and had him completely restructure the movie. THEN have the nerve to still give Synder credit as director even though the theatrical version wasn’t his vision. Is literally a slap in the face :mindblown:

Just off principle...

Warner Bros deserves this. Because not only did the fans literally punked them to release this cut. Now fans are going to demand that Synder finishes his vision which he has no intentions on doing.

WB are completely riding on that Flash movie in hopes for a clean slate.

Fans shouldn’t even be mad at Whedon. Be mad at the studio for creating this mess. They should have just let Snyder do his job..

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Flash :camby:

I think NightWing could be a problem . His name just sounds like a cinematic super hero fans would gravitate towards with proper casting.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
For a synder film... There doesn't seem to be any super low moments.

The only issues that I had...

They didn't need to bring back Superman to beat Steppenwolf. Whose just got his ass beat by JL. They just need a better plan to break his armor. If Wolf like really beat their ass. I'd buy it.

Zero elaboration on Wolf's Armour basically making him unstoppable and unkillable.

Cyborg dad dying while to mark the motherbox is stupid. The stupid Bruce Wayne 'I'm rich hahah" line of 6 satellites was dumb. Probably can find an uncharacteristic heat signature from the fukking Dome powered by 2 boxes.

Martha Manhunter didn't need to exist(The most Zack Synder scene in a film that seem quite tame of Zack's worse impulses)

Leto's and Amber Heard's acting

Still not a fan of Superman being accurately Comic Book OP. Just isn't exciting, but respect it.

Last edited: