Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
this article details what the plan was
Zack Snyder Reveals What Would Have Happened In the Movies After His 'Justice League'

So, in a perfect world, had you been allowed to release this Justice League the way you envisioned and you stayed on—what would have happened next?

Basically, Darkseid comes to Earth. Lex Luthor has found the Anti-Life Equation. He has teamed up with The Riddler, who has deciphered the anti-life equation, and Batman's on their trail.

The Riddler tells him, "I thought it was a riddle, but it turns out to be the end of the world." But Lex gives the anti-life equation to Darkseid upon his arrival, along with the information that “if you kill Lois Lane”—now pregnant— “You will be able to control Superman, and he will succumb to the Anti-Life Equation.”

The Anti-Life Equation is a thing that allows you to control all will in the universe. So you can make everyone's will your own. That makes them pretty pliable, as you can imagine. So Darkseid arrives. He gets in a fight with Superman, but he makes it to the Batcave, where Lois is hiding. Batman isn’t able to save her and Darkseid eyebeams her just as Superman shows up, and Superman, in his grief, succumbs to Anti-Life and then the Earth falls. Because with Superman on his side, you can imagine Darkseid is pretty much unstoppable.

So then we cut to a distant future, where this band of misfit superheros have stayed alive somehow throughout this entire insanity. Their plan in the future is to find one of the Mother Boxes that still remains and, using Cyborg's genius and the power of the Mother Box, jump Flash back in time to the Batcave to give Bruce an advantage in the fight against Darkseid, so that he could save Lois.

In the meantime, while they're hanging out—there was a scene that I had planned where Joker tells the story of killing Robin. We’d do a flashback to before the events of BvS to see a younger Bruce—not that much younger, still Ben—but we’d see what put him on that dark road. You see where his hatred for The Joker comes from and why he's enshrined the Robin suit in the Batcave, as you've seen in BvSwhere it says, "Ha, ha, ha. The joke's on you" spray painted on the dead body of Robin.

Meanwhile, [back in the future] The Joker knows where a stash of Kryptonite is because they need that as a weapon. [They also need him] to get them to the Mother Box. But [they fail] and just as Superman's basically killed everybody, Flash gets out of his reach, goes down the cosmic treadmill and ends up in the Batcave. But this time at the correct moment, because remember we saw him in BvS—he jumped at the wrong time because Cyborg tells us that there's two times that he could jump through, and picks the second one this time, not the one that he chose before.

[In this new timeline] Bruce sacrifices himself to save Lois and that gives Superman enough time to get there, and Darkseid retreats. Then the final act would be this giant war between Darkseid and all of his minions, all of the New Gods, the Fury, Granny Goodness, the whole pantheon of New Gods versus the Themysicarans who come off the island, Atlanteans rise out of the water. Wonder Woman is their new queen, and Arthur is the king of Atlantis. Then the armies of men all come together. That means the whole world, the whole army of the entire planet. They have a huge battle and they win. Then the end is this epilogue where it's 20 years later, where Superman's son has no powers. He's born without the powers of a god, but then in the end, he would have become the new Batman.

The final scene would be Lois taking her son down into the Batcave and that kind of deal. So yeah, that was the epic plan. All those little Easter eggs about the future were all meant to point toward that eventual, giant battle. Then it would have been a reboot after that. You can just go back to the beginning again, where you could do a small movie with the new Batman or something.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Breh I never really paid attention the first time how much Joker was shytting on Mera as well.

Au contraire my little fish stick :ufdup:

Maybe that smelly ole flounder is right :picard::mjpls:

I know:russ:

I bet he has a on-going roast session of all of them in his head, it was effortless too, she probably didn't even notice it too:mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yall praising Snyder when he tried to force a 4 hour movie on WB (not including previews) which makes it impossible to realistically release in theaters.

Whedon basically was caught between a rock and a hard place on the actual pacing and deciding what too leave out.

In addition, Snyder had the benefit of watching the first one, seeing what people didnt like and went back and changed it.
It would’ve obviously been cut down a lil bit but like I said before. The fukking Avengers last 2 movies were both over 3 hours and we had a separate movie on each of the characters before the group movie. Yet it was STILL that long. Y’all really dragging it with this long movie shyt.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The movie we have been given to watch on HBO Max is 4 hours though...so how exactly are you criticizing it based on how much was able to be fit into in that running time?:mindblown:

I'm just saying, I understand why WB axed it. It was too long.

Basically I dont have a problem with the runtime
It was necessary to tell his story. They could've trimmed it to 3 1/2 at best but it still would've been too long.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It would’ve obviously been cut down a lil bit but like I said before. The fukking Avengers last 2 movies were both over 3 hours and we had a separate movie on each of the characters before the group movie. Yet it was STILL that long. Y’all really dragging it with this long movie shyt.

Infinity War was under 3 hours. End Game was exactly 3.

But imagine both were 4 hours long and the Russo Brothers refused to cut thr run time. What do you think would have happened?