Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Just finished it. Obviously much better than Whedon's but that wasn't going to be difficult. Its still not great and definitely didn't need to be 4 hrs long. I can see how whedon hacked his movie apart and came up with the trash that was released. Whedon should not get a job on a major project again.

Anyways things I liked, Cyborg's bit Whedon cut out. Very good. This Steppenwolf was also much better. This Superman was also good. Black suit was cool.

Some issues from the 1st movie remained. Some pacing issues, i still didn't like Affleck in this, he was better in BVS. Aquaman was pretty much the same. Also wonder woman. Flash still trash. Darkseid wasn't as impressive as I expected. And this just shouldn't be 4hrs long. Will take a while before I get to see it again.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
That is Ares, god of war.
WAS god of war
ComplexGrimyArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought it was a big improvement over the theatrical cut though it still had some issues

Pros
Cyborg’s story arc was great, he was the heart of the movie and the climactic scene where he’s being tempted by the mother box to reunite with his parents was surprisingly emotional

Much better use of the Flash and his powers this time around

Main plot with the mother boxes and why they needed Superman back made much more sense

Action scenes were awesome, especially the ending

Steppenwolf was way more interesting

Cons
First hour of the movie was rough. Terrible pacing and the constant slow mo and awkward inclusion of music was annoying

Gal Gadot is a terrible actress and it really stood out in certain scenes, especially her narration of the origin of the mother boxes which nearly ruined an awesome flashback

Martian Manhunter was unnecessary. I actually thought the reveal that he was pretending to be Martha ruined what was an otherwise great scene with Lois. Completely took away the emotion of that scene and the connection and shared grief Martha and Lois had

Martian Manhunter’s final scene with Bruce was also really awkward and not needed

The Knightmare dream sequence went on for way too long and Leto’s Joker is still terrible (that annoying laugh). Unnecessary scene

That Amazonian wailing soundtrack whenever Wonder Woman showed up was annoying

Overall this is somewhere between a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me. They could’ve easily cut this into a releasable 3 hour movie by condensing the first hour, getting rid of the Knightmare ending, getting rid of Martian Manhunter and cutting down on all the slow mo

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yall praising Snyder when he tried to force a 4 hour movie on WB (not including previews) which makes it impossible to realistically release in theaters.

Whedon basically was caught between a rock and a hard place on the actual pacing and deciding what too leave out.

In addition, Snyder had the benefit of watching the first one, seeing what people didnt like and went back and changed it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see cats are caught up in the moment and are ODing with the hyperbole, but given how dogshyt the theatrical cut of this film was, I can understand why fans of these characters or franchise might be a bit over-the-top.

The negative? Snyder will be Snyder, with his usual quirks; self-indulgent and pretentious as fukk. I mean, what was with the gangly white singing bytches after Batman first met Aquaman? Mater of fact, the music video character intros were cringe throughout. Also, the issue with Superman being so OP that he renders the rest of the League moot is still there. Sure, there are examples of this from the comics, but the best League stores are when Superman is treated as a first among equals rather than being head and shoulders above everyone else.

The positives? This film was so much more cohesive from just a plot standpoint. Character motivations actually make sense for the most part, and the action was very well done. Also, Ray Fisher's beef with WB and Whedon makes much more sense after this. His scenes were much needed, and genuinely touching. This could have been a star-making performance for him. Also, the added stuff with Barry and Authur actually make me care about their characters, too. It wasn't hard to do, but this is much better than the theatrical cut and a pretty pleasant viewing experience once you get past the Snyderisms.

With all of that said, this version of the film wouldn't have been possible without the theatrical cut going down the way that it did. There is absolutely no way Warner would have let Snyder run with this 4 hour film in theaters coming off of the heels of the lackluster Batman V. Superman. Things kinda had to play out as they did for us to get this.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see cats are caught up in the moment and are ODing with the hyperbole, but given how dogshyt the theatrical cut of this film was, I can understand why fans of these characters or franchise might be a bit over-the-top.

The negative? Snyder will be Snyder, with his usual quirks; self-indulgent and pretentious as fukk. I mean, what was with the gangly white singing bytches after Batman first met Aquaman? Mater of fact, the music video character intros were cringe throughout. Also, the issue with Superman being so OP that he renders the rest of the League moot is still there. Sure, there are examples of this from the comics, but the best League stores are when Superman is treated as a first among equals rather than being head and shoulders above everyone else.

The positives? This film was so much more cohesive from just a plot standpoint. Character motivations actually make sense for the most part, and the action was very well done. Also, Ray Fisher's beef with WB and Whedon makes much more sense after this. His scenes were much needed, and genuinely touching. This could have been a star-making performance for him. Also, the added stuff with Barry and Authur actually make me care about their characters, too. It wasn't hard to do, but this is much better than the theatrical cut and a pretty pleasant viewing experience once you get past the Snyderisms.

With all of that said, this version of the film wouldn't have been possible without the theatrical cut going down the way that it did. There is absolutely no way Warner would have let Snyder run with this 4 hour film in theaters coming off of the heels of the lackluster Batman V. Superman. Things kinda had to play out as they did for us to get this.

Yeah when the village breaks out into song and the one woman starts hitting the gospel singer runs it was awkward as hell lol. I think they could’ve had a realeaseable movie if they condensed the first hour, cut down on the slow mo and music video intros, got rid of the Knightmare dream sequence and got rid of Martian Manhunter

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Finished this, I'd probably give it an 8.5/10. Cyborg and Flash were WAY better, Wonder Woman and Steppenwolf were somewhat better, and the rest were about the same. It's criminal how much of Cyborg's story was cut in the original.

The only thing I didn't like was that Snyder was a little too self-indulgent with the slow motion shots, like 60% of them really didn't need to be there. And I have mixed feelings about Darkseid's debut having him take an L. And I guess I've never been huge on this version of Lois Lane, seems like she was just there to mourn Superman.

Thoroughly enjoyed this, although it felt more like a six-part Netflix series than a movie. I'd love to see the Snyderverse continue on HBO Max, all the sequel hooks in the epilogue are begging for it.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It was clear as day he was building a Superman character arc across these films. Been trying to tell nikkas that for years and people just want to stay blinded by hate :smh:
:gucci:

If a Construction crew is building you a house and the foundation is uneven, windows aren’t sealed, and the floors creak, it doesn’t matter if it’s an exact replicate of Versailles. It’s bad.