Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
hope this does both well critically and commercially and DC gives the reigns back to Snyder

we (comic book fans and geeks) need this more than anything right now

I don't care for Batman and Superman Year One for the millionth time
Agreed. I think if they let him continue his “vision” their is a lot of potential for what could have been the DCCU. If this is the end then they left a lot on the table.

This was a significantly better movie. However I must say I still think the flash on CW is a better flash than this clown. It’s not even like he is this great actor and we already used to the cw Barry.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Hey any of you comic nerds in here, how does the anti-life equation work and how does one activate or use it? Is it a weapon or energy ball or something?
I’ve only seen one book that actually featured it. It was literally an equation.

It’s supposed to be kind of a myth that is hard to learn. Most of the time you only see someone affected by it.

Daps
I’ll start off by saying i enjoyed it. It’s worth a watch if you’re a super hero fan, even if it takes multiple attempts.

I am now and forever will be a detractor of Man of Steel and hate BvS with every fiber of my being.

i watched the Joss version 2-3 days ago. No contest this is miles better. I don’t know how an executive watched the assembly cut and Joss’ version and was like yeah this is it. This is much more coherent, with better explorations of character motives. Good overall flick, I don’t this this cracks a billion even if you get it paired down to a watchable run time of 3ish hours.

If I was Ray Fisher, I’d be trying to throw hands w/ Joss on site. I don’t think Ray is a particularly good actor, but he did enough in this where I think the Joss version cutting him out cost him some money and future roles.

The Martian man hunter stuff felt really unnecessary. The Lois lane scene is completely unnecessary. Its also not clear why he goes to Martian form before transforming again. It’s also not clear why he doesn’t participate in the battle if he knows what’s at stake.

The epilogue ran a little too long. They could have ended it w/ Lex and death stroke on the boat and it would have been fine. I don’t think there was any reason to revisit the knightmare sequence. But I’ll say, Leto’s joker was surprisingly good and I think he’d have done well with a non try-hard script in suicide squad.

Speaking of Knightmare, I’m don’t like the story beat of the only thing between hero and dictator Superman is Lois Lane being alive.

Overall, 7/10. Worth the watch, probably better than age of Ultron if we’re looking for an MCU comparison.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
People kept saying Snyder didn't understand Superman, didn't understand DC heroes... Nah.

I think he was setting up Injustice from the start, and showing us how these characters got there. If that was his plan, it is fukking brilliant because they could soft reboot the DCU at the end and then give us the optimistic version of these heroes with a Joss Whedon style director and even new actors.

WB fukked up the bad on this one.
Yea I think this movies puts a spotlight on their mistake to rush the 2017 version.

At this point either throw Snyder a bag to make a sequel to wrap this up or just reboot the whole universe and start over. But not start over and just make solo movies, that ain’t the answer. But maybe a connected universe on a smaller scale, with just cameos and maybe one other hero in a movie at a time.

Moving away from the JL doesn’t mean all the movies have to be stand alone. Especially shyt like Harley Quinn having a movie without the joker. That’s just stupid

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Liked this much better than the original. Certain scenes were more fleshed out and the movie made more sense. They really fukked this up in 2017 though. Those executives had a pretty great film to build a franchise on in order to make billions but pissed it away to get their yearly bonuses.
Warner needs to give Snyder whatever he wants if they gonna green light a sequel. I like how the epilogue went into the other timeline. I can't belive they cut those Darkseid scenes. When he used those Omega Beams to smoke Arthur underwater in that alternative reality:picard:
The Martian Manhunter scenes weren't needed especially the last one. Like nikka where you been this whole time...oh yea I forgot trying to lock up Clark in Man of Steel.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Did the actors get paid again for this movie? :jbhmm:

The scene where Clark’s two fathers are talking is dope.

I thought MMH looked cool. I know some people said he looked weird, but it was dope to me.

I feel like the scene where the flash says dad, I just want you to know no matter what happens your kid was one of them. One of the best of the best was Zack talking about his daughter through the Flash.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
It's better than the theatrical release but that isn't a high bar to cross. Steppenwolf's character getting more development was something I liked, anything with the New Gods really.