Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
I actually DID watch this and it was a total mind inception fukk. Loved it. This began my itch back into animation superhero films if they can be rated R and no holds barred. Told the wifey leave me be im gettin slushy tonight and peeping these JLD films :smugdraper::mjlit:
Really only need to watch flashpoint paradox; son of Batman; justice league vs teen Titans; then into Apokolips war. The rest you can catch at your leisure.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This is a common argument and it always rings hollow to me.

Like movies with large casts of characters haven't been around forever and all it takes is a couple minutes of intro for audiences to have a general idea of who they are.

Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman had been introduced already and are 3 of the most immediately recognized characters in pop culture. Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg were given pretty fleshed out intros.

Socially awkward nerd with super-speed; Tragic former athlete turned into a Frankenstein's monster by his father; Dude bro self-exiled King of Atlantis.

What about them wasn't fleshed out?
Did you understand what the Flash’s status was in this world? Like he’s working three menial jobs but got this high tech suit and a base.

But then no one seemed to know like they knew who he was.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Definitely better than the original, which for me is like going from a C- to C+

Really don’t want to watch the OG again, but I’m curious now to see the differences

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I missed a line about Flash's ability but I dug that they hinted at his time traveling ability during Supes revival with the motherbox.
It stood out because I was used to the Josstice version where the box just hits the water not reverse.
That was dope when they brought it back at the end. Shocked that he reversed the death of the league in that moment.

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
People kept saying Snyder didn't understand Superman, didn't understand DC heroes... Nah.

I think he was setting up Injustice from the start, and showing us how these characters got there. If that was his plan, it is fukking brilliant because they could soft reboot the DCU at the end and then give us the optimistic version of these heroes with a Joss Whedon style director and even new actors.

WB fukked up the bad on this one.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Comics are 1000s of issues to get moments. They aren’t just separate stories in a vacuum .

Superman’s death in the comics doesn’t work without the years of issues making you care about him helping the world and Metropolis.

Darkseid is cool...but a Darkseid-Kirby New Gods backstory is better.

Did you personally need multiple movies to explain mother boxes, characters, and the anti life equation? Or did you understand the direction the movie was going in? I personally knew the direction the Marvel universe was going in the moment Thanos made his appearance, and I bet you did too. I know for the fact I would still have found enjoyment in the Avengers without all the other movies.

I agree Superman has been handled poorly; however, you cannot tell me seeing Superman lock eyes with the Flash wasn’t cool....As a person who likes comics, I just want to see cool shyt. And this movie gave me cool shyt.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Did you personally need multiple movies to explain mother boxes, characters, and the anti life equation? Or did you understand the direction the movie was going in. I personally knew the direction the Marvel universe was going in the moment Thanos made his appearance, and I bet you did too. I know for the fact I would still have found enjoyment in the Avengers without all the other movies.

I agree Superman has been handled poorly; however, you cannot tell me seeing Superman lock eyes with the Flash wasn’t cool....As a person who likes comics, I just want to see cool shyt. And this movie gave me cool shyt.

I understood them as plot devices but I didn’t care about what Darkseid would do with them instead of Mongol or any other plugged in mega villain.

I like Green Lantern cause I care about the character. Just putting Parallax on screen ain’t going to get me hyped. Sinestro in a yellow costume doesn’t get me hyped if you don’t establish him and Hal’s relationship to the Corps.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a common argument and it always rings hollow to me.

Like movies with large casts of characters haven't been around forever and all it takes is a couple minutes of intro for audiences to have a general idea of who they are.

Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman had been introduced already and are 3 of the most immediately recognized characters in pop culture. Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg were given pretty fleshed out intros.

Socially awkward nerd with super-speed; Tragic former athlete turned into a Frankenstein's monster by his father; Dude bro self-exiled King of Atlantis.

What about them wasn't fleshed out?

You're introducing Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman while also introducing Steppenwolf, Darkseid, Martian Manhunter, Mother Boxes, The Anti Life Equation, Evil Superman, an alternate future, etc.

Mind you, the goal isn't just to sell this to fan boys but the masses. It's not the optimal strategy nor did it work. If it did we wouldn't have had to watched a 4 hour cut because the first movie would have connected. This "Snyder Cut" is only a thing because they failed to successfully create a universe.

Once BvS flopped there was no saving DCEU. Too many bad ideas ran them off the rails. They gotta focus on solo movies for a while.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I finally finished this. At the two hour mark this definitely picks up.

Cyborg was a lot better(Doom Patrol version is better)

The team chemistry is great and the writing for all of them really works. The stakes of the battle were great.

The Martian Manhunter epilogue was tacked on kind of ruins the character who probably should have shown up earlier considering his backstory.

Didn’t really get the point of the Knightmare returns.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I understood them as plot devices but I didn’t care about what Darkseid would do with them instead of Mongol or any other plugged in mega villain.

I like Green Lantern cause I care about the character. Just putting Parallax on screen ain’t going to get me hyped. Sinestro in a yellow costume doesn’t get me hyped if you don’t establish him and Hal’s relationship to the Corps.
I see your point, but are you really going to hate a movie that hopes you understand the GL corp, and doesn’t explain to you how Hal becomes the GL. Instead we can get a movie that goes straight into Sinestro/Hal relationship. And build to Parallax. I mean this movie is the foundation of Darkseid

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
You're introducing Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman while also introducing Steppenwolf, Darkseid, Martian Manhunter, Mother Boxes, The Anti Life Equation, Evil Superman, an alternate future, etc.

Mind you, the goal isn't just to sell this to fan boys but the masses. It's not the optimal strategy nor did it work. If it did we wouldn't have had to watched a 4 hour cut because the first movie would have connected. This "Snyder Cut" is only a thing because they failed to successfully create a universe.
All this is true. But I’m just assuming we are all fanboys. And with being fanboys, I dunno how this movie didn’t deliver to the nerds inside all of us. Now if I’m just talking to a causal fan, that’s different

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Yea it def makes more sense Darkseid used the anti-life on him...

According to Snyder, he had a whole love triangle with Bats/Supes/Lois penned that the execs were against...

Basically Lois and Bats were fukking after Supes died making that scene where the JL had to decide on bringing Supes back real tough for Bats because he would have to sacrifice his relationship with Lois...

When Darkseid arrives with his armada, Supes asks Bats to protect Lois while he deals with Darkseid, Luthor tells Darkseid that Supes weakness is Lois and he sends assassins to find her...Lois ends up dying after her and Bats got into an argument...

Supes learns she died and becomes weakened giving Darkseid the ability to use the anti-life on him...

That end world scene with Joker was going to culminate with flash and Cyborg trying to go back to the past and warn Bats about Lois which they achieved in BvS...Flash was wearing the same outfit in this scene...

Say what you want about Snyder but his story telling was fukking good, he had a plan and a vision...

I loved this film.
I think this plot in the spoiler is pretty stupid. If Snyder is to continue he does need reins to hold him back that much is clear.
I think the Knightmare is better as the world that was avoided when Flash when back in time. That world doesn't really exist anymore.

I love the DCEU aesthetics but it does need to brighten up a bit at some point. There is still time for darker shyt like Braniac, Mongul, Anti-Monitor, Batman who Laughs, etc.
We can't overdose on the depressing stuff though. In the comics, in contrast to Marvel, DC is always about hope.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Also have any of y’all ever just read a event book without reading the back issues. Do y’all read comics.....I mean come on, do y’all know how many comics could give a fukk if you know the back story.

I think I’ve read flashpoint without reading any of the lead in titles. This is nothing new. Ive still found enjoyment in event books without knowing “how we got here”