Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I see your point, but are you really going to hate a movie that hopes you understand the GL corp, and doesn’t explain to you how Hal becomes the GL. Instead we can get a movie that goes straight into Sinestro/Hal relationship. And build to Parallax. I mean this movie is the foundation of Darkseid

Well I was hoping for John Stewart or Kyle but the point is that I need to understand the Corps dynamic more than each character’s background.

I mean we are getting a Falcon series and he was introduced already with wings. It was his dynamic to Cap that mattered.

I fundamentally disagree with this being Darkseid’s backstory. He had no distinguishing character without the backstory of the New Gods and Apokolips.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Maybe I missed a line about Flash's ability but I dug that they hinted at his time traveling ability during Supes revival with the motherbox.
It stood out because I was used to the Josstice version where the box just hits the water not reverse.
That was dope when they brought it back at the end. Shocked that he reversed the death of the league in that moment.
He mentioned it as saying he'd have to break the one rule but agreed he got much needed development. I'm actually looking forward to his film now. I also like how Victors father explained just how dangerous he could be with his abilities. A similar speech to what Clarks dad gave him with choosing for himself who to be but still nudging him to be careful with this power.:wow::wow::wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Did you understand what the Flash’s status was in this world? Like he’s working three menial jobs but got this high tech suit and a base.

But then no one seemed to know like they knew who he was.
They showed that he was a scientifically knowledgeable person throughout the movie.

And his "base" was basically a studio apartment.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Well I was hoping for John Stewart or Kyle but the point is that I need to understand the Corps dynamic more than each character’s background.

I mean we are getting a Falcon series and he was introduced already with wings. It was his dynamic to Cap that mattered.

I fundamentally disagree with this being Darkseid’s backstory. He had no distinguishing character without the backstory of the New Gods and Apokolips.
I mean foundation as in we know what Darkseid wants. Imagine if we got a GL/Martian Manhunter movie that delves deeper into New Gods lore. This movie set up a lot. Sadly we won’t see it payoff.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You're introducing Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman while also introducing Steppenwolf, Darkseid, Martian Manhunter, Mother Boxes, The Anti Life Equation, Evil Superman, an alternate future, etc.

Mind you, the goal isn't just to sell this to fan boys but the masses. It's not the optimal strategy nor did it work. If it did we wouldn't have had to watched a 4 hour cut because the first movie would have connected. This "Snyder Cut" is only a thing because they failed to successfully create a universe.

Once BvS flopped there was no saving DCEU. Too many bad ideas ran them off the rails. They gotta focus on solo movies for a while.
The discussion is about this movie and the critique was about introducing all of these characters in this movie so the 4 hour run time really doesn't matter.
The intros in this movie were well done and gave enough info to know who they all were.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Also have any of y’all ever just read a event book without reading the back issues. Do y’all read comics.....I mean come on, do y’all know how many comics could give a fukk if you know the back story.

I think I’ve read flashpoint without reading any of the lead in titles. This is nothing new. Ive still found enjoyment in event books without knowing “how we got here”
I think you are missing a fundamental reason you can jump into an event series.

There is a foundation/ build up even if you don’t know it.

It doesn’t matter if you never read Emerald Dawn or Kyle Rayner. The writer is building off of those characters moments.

Imagine if in Barry Allen’s return, the writer just decided to establish that Jessie Quick had been Flash since his death. They referred to pivotal events that never happened so their reactions and choices don’t matter.The cosmic treadmill is now a giant bike that only runs 1 a year and just goes from there.

These stories don’t just arrive in a vacuum. There are boundaries.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
No lies, the first two hours were a bit of a slog to get through, however it does gain considerable pace after that. Love all the new shyt that was added though and all the MCU-esque joke shyt that was taken out. I don't mind Flash being the comic relief but on the whole, this movie had a more serious tone which is what I have always associated DC with. Also, the fact that the random ass Russian family was completely erased from the film is worth the 4 hour watch itself.

Upon watching the Wheadon League, my first thoughts were that this team up was rushed given that Supes and WW were the only ones with standalone films at that point but now, I think that Based Snyder was actually trying to build up to something completely different and mind blowing.

Honestly, at this point the biggest villians in the DCEU are the WB execs. I think they wanted him to replicate what the MCU did but dude clearly had his own damn marvelous plans in mind.

I can only hope that fans will force them into working with Snyder again because.......wow

7/10 for me

#restorethesnyderverse

Last edited:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I think you are missing a fundamental reason you can jump into an event series.

There is a foundation/ build up even if you don’t know it.

It doesn’t matter if you never read Emerald Dawn or Kyle Rayner. The writer is building off of those characters moments.

Imagine if in Barry Allen’s return, the writer just decided to establish that Jessie Quick had been Flash since his death. The cosmic treadmill is now a giant bike that only runs 1 a year and just goes from there.

These stories don’t just arrive in a vacuum. There are boundaries.
This is where we have to agree to disagree. What I am saying is I already know theses concepts, I dunno need a movie to explain to me something that I know of. Therefore my opinion on this movie is based on my nerdy knowledge of the comics. Everything you just explained, I would have geeked out on. :russ:

You know how many times Ive read a comic and been like “O such and such is alive” or “hey, they changed this character motive”....it comes with the territory. This movie should not have bother any DC fan. This movie works just as well as a Marvel movie does, but for different reasons.

I mean are we comic fans or not?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this is true. But I’m just assuming we are all fanboys. And with being fanboys, I dunno how this movie didn’t deliver to the nerds inside all of us

I don't think they have the right people in place from the top down. It's like a football team with bad ownership bringing in the wrong coach who signs the wrong players.

I like Momoa. Gadot can't act but she brings some personality. Cavill is wooden and I'm not sure it's his fault or them not handling the character properly. Ezra and whoever dude is who plays Cyborg ain't it. Affleck doesn't want to there. I don't care about half the team so I'm not enjoying what I'm seeing.

Let's not act like Snyder is a great director. His resume isn't impressive. He wasn't the right choice. He has a clearly defined visual style but that's it. He's not a good storyteller. If you need 4 hours for a movie it's because you can't get your ideas out in a clear and concise manner. This was just too much too late. I'm not excited by it because they had their chance with JL and it didn't work. They should be moving on instead of trying to rehash their failures.

How they botched their biggest and most important movies is beyond me. They had comics, JLU, and plenty of source material to pull from. No excuses and no do overs.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I mean foundation as in we know what Darkseid wants. Imagine if we got a GL/Martian Manhunter movie that delves deeper into New Gods lore. This movie set up a lot. Sadly we won’t see it payoff.
Like I still disagree. I’m glad it worked for you.

This basically felt like a much better version of Fox’s Silver Surfer and Galactus. Like I knew what Galactus wanted and why Surfer was doing it but not having that Zenn La backstory or seeing them together is like watching a Polaroid.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This is where we have to agree to disagree. What I am saying is I already know theses concepts, I dunno need a movie to explain to me something that I know of. Therefore my opinion on this movie is based on my nerdy knowledge of the comics. Everything you just explained, I would have geeked out on. :russ:

You know how many times Ive read a comic and been like “O such and such is alive” or “hey, they changed this character motive”....it comes with the territory. This movie should not have bother any DC fan. This movie works just as well as a Marvel movie does, but for different reasons.

I mean are we comic fans or not?
But these aren’t direct translations.

Scarlet Witch MCU ain’t the comics. Just cause both are with Vision and using magic doesn’t mean the work is done. Just throw whatever stuff you want in now.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Like I still disagree. I’m glad it worked for you.

This basically felt like a much better version of Fox’s Silver Surfer and Galactus. Like I knew what Galactus wanted and why Surfer was doing it but not having that Zenn La backstory or seeing them together is like watching a Polaroid.
Galactus was a cloud, and he was defeated in 1 movie. Yes Silver Surfer worked for me, but Silver Surfer could have always gotten his own movie to explain the backstory. They are nothing the same. I don’t even remember the movie though.