Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i think the accent is fine. im ADOS but im not a chicago breh so i sorta feel i can say his accent is fine but a chicago breh might understandably be more particular about it. it doesnt bother me at all and i think he has the look down. i think you can psyche yourself out by paying too much attention to the accent. like if you dont bring it up, will you really notice it?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Trailer gave me chills. Looks like it'll be full of great performances.

In terms of @NZA 's point about Hollywood and historical black film, I kinda disagree. IMO there are different types of historical black films. On one hand you have the feel good, sentimental historical films that come out around the holidays/Oscar season, that are designed to make money. I don't have to name them, you know the ones that are like this. Some of those films are actually good I suppose...but that's simply not my interest, personally.

But Hollywood is very good at making money, and reading the atmosphere. The atmosphere right now lends itself to a film like this getting made right, and doing well. Just as the atmosphere in the early 90s lent itself to a film like Malcolm X being done RIGHT, without being a sappy sentimental kumbayah film. Given the names attached, this looks legit.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
i think the accent is fine. im ADOS but im not a chicago breh so i sorta feel i can say his accent is fine but a chicago breh might understandably be more particular about it. it doesnt bother me at all and i think he has the look down. i think you can psyche yourself out by paying too much attention to the accent. like if you dont bring it up, will you really notice it?

I noticed it off rip because I know Freds voice like that. But Id be watching this one multiple times, even if he sounded nothing like Fred.

Like Fred is my guy. Anything with Freds name attached it, Im there.

OAN: Am I trippin, but wasnt Netflix working on something about the shootout with the LA Panthers???

I need Freds movie to do well, so we can get a Bunchy Carter movie/series. Then maybe a G.Pratt and G.Jackson movie/series.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
lol....these cats dont get it. Saying Kaluuya didnt nail the Chicago accent.

I did see 1 person mention it tho.

Fred's voice and accent was unique. He sounded more southern to me.
I thought so as well...but I didnt want to be outta pocket :lupe::whoa: