Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I don't mean to sound rude but I didn't realize he was that talented as an actor, he was so good in that hood goon role in Atlanta I thought he was just playing an exaggerated version of himself. But I thought he was really good in this flick.

lfmaooo damn that was him. I knew the face was familiar

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was really good. Kaluuya and Lakeith were incredible. Definitely had some departed/Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford vibes. Crazy that not much has really changed, politically.
Yup great movie sad how scary blsck power and unity is

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daniel was great, but Lakeith stole the show he did an amazing job. I liked this film, but I'll probably never watch it again. The Fred Hampton story is and has always been just too tragic to me. :mjcry:

I absolutely hate Jesse Plemmons now he played his role to perfection.

They knew O'Neal was young and vulnerable.... even if he turned them down. They would have gotten someone else. But overall I didn't feel any sympathy for O'Neal. Maybe he truly had misgivings, but the man said it himself he had no allegiance to the Panthers or the Chairman. Which blows my mind considering at some point when you are around these people so much you start to build up friendships and camaraderie.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Daniel was great, but Lakeith stole the show he did an amazing job. I liked this film, but I'll probably never watch it again. The Fred Hampton story is and has always been just too tragic to me. :mjcry:

I absolutely hate Jesse Plemmons now he played his role to perfection.

They knew O'Neal was young and vulnerable.... even if he turned them down. They would have gotten someone else. But overall I didn't feel any sympathy for O'Neal. Maybe he truly had misgivings, but the man said it himself he had no allegiance to the Panthers or the Chairman. Which blows my mind considering at some point when you are around these people so much you start to build up friendships and camaraderie.

When you're young, black, and lived a life of crime, if given a way out, you're going to take it regardless of who it hurts.

The streets is a muthafukka

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I get the understandable accolades for DK, but LS bodied his role and I think gave a better performance so I feel like he’s kind of getting underlooked here, and just in general actually.
Kaluuya got the flashier role, and one that you can compare to actual Fred Hampton footage and see how his performance holds up. The latter part is always why performances of famous people get favored by award shows. Half these voters wouldn't know a good performance without reference material.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This was an excellent movie with 2 great performances Daniel and LaKeith. I feel that Stanfield had to go into a dark place in order to play the role of O'Neal and he should get major props for the job that he did. Kaaluya was great too but LaKeith just killed that role and showed that his future may be the brightest of all the current young black actors.