Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So there's a rumor on DCEULeaks that says:

Thomas Wayne is Arthur Fleck's dad :patrice:
I remember reading a spoiler that said Thomas Wayne wasn't his dad but his crazy mom lies and tells him that Thomas Wayne is his pop because she is fixated on the Wayne family.

morris

Superstar
Daps
BLASSIC INCOMING
3bf576d29de9f6a03e18b5bdafe806e2.png
No Batman in it though?

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is a hella ridiculous take.

I'm not sure how I feel about the trailer or this take on it. People are saying that the Joker being a loser is reminiscent of "the killing joke" but this seems different. In the killing joke, the Joker was a failed comedian that was broke but he also had a wife, with a child on the way. He got bullied into a crime but only after he had agreed to participate and tried to back out because he no longer had a reason to move forward with it. He was a desperate man that lost everything and snapped.

This trailer makes it seem like the Joker starts out a complete loser living with his mother. He seems like someone that has nothing and starts to become increasingly bitter and crazy about what he's lacking and eventually takes his frustrations out on those that he blames for his own failures. I think that's why we're getting incel comparisons. Whether that is how things play out, I can't say but I can see why some people aren't feeling a take on the character that mirrors the motives and actions of some of the real life mass shooters and domestic terrorists that get the benefit of being labeled mentally ill instead of what they are just because they are white males.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure how I feel about the trailer or this take on it. People are saying that the Joker being a loser is reminiscent of "the killing joke" but this seems different. In the killing joke, the Joker was a failed comedian that was broke but he also had a wife, with a child on the way. He got bullied into a crime but only after he had agreed to participate and tried to back out because he no longer had a reason to move forward with it. He was a desperate man that lost everything and snapped.

This trailer makes it seem like the Joker starts out a complete loser living with his mother. He seems like someone that has nothing and starts to become increasingly bitter and crazy about what he's lacking and eventually takes his frustrations out on those that he blames for his own failures. I think that's why we're getting incel comparisons. Whether that is how things play out, I can't say but I can see why some people aren't feeling a take on the character that mirrors the motives and actions of some of the real life mass shooters and domestic terrorists that get the benefit of being labeled mentally ill instead of what they are just because they are white males.

Gotta disagree with pretty much all this.

"The Killing Joke" was about how one bad day could turn anyone into The Joker. The specifics of that bad day (him being a loser living with his mom vs how things unfolded in the comic) are irrelevant. You aren't supposed to sympathize with The Joker so it's a moot point.

You can look at damn near any villain in any form of entertainment from the last 100 years and it mirrors something in real life. Are people supposed to stop writing fiction because the shoe occasionally fits in real life?
Side note, I hate this social media era where there's a cute little nick name for everything. It's lazy as fukk. "Incel"....:mjlol:

shyt is super corny. I remember I seen an article talking about "why are millennials ghosting their jobs?"....motherfukker, it's called quitting, and it's nothing new.

Fred.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I know this is not an orginal take but this coule be either really dope or really trash.
Well theres zero chance it's really trash just based on the teaser and the cast alone.

All the takes comparing this to real-life nutjob far right terrorists will dissipate as we learn more about the story and find out
Thomas Wayne is the main antagonist of the film and is portrayed as a 1980s Trump-type real estate scumbag and the film has strong themes of rich 1% vs the 99%, and mental health
two issues more relevant today than ever.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think DC does it’s best when they just “do them”

At this point they and their fans need to stop worrying bout what Marvel does or doesn’t do

They been making movies for decades.... more in their catolog than Marvel. They’ll be fine as long as they stay true to their selves

Martha

Kalut

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Joker isn't a brawler or master escape artist. Like Ledger said, he wasn't going bring it down to a fistfight.

He gets other people to do stuff for him. He has Harley Quinn on his arm despite treating her like crap. He's a manipulator.

In the trailer, he is getting hit by cars and other people. I don't think he even throws a punch. If anything, you're probably just going to see him inciting others to mass violence and laughing about it. Watching as he gets better at doing it. Instead of working an audience as a comedian, he's going to do it on a larger scale.

You made me wanna watch this even more now :lupe: