Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

Roman Polanski is outchea still winning awards but The Joker is what cancel culture is attacking?:deadmanny:

The universal praise from fans of Chappelle's Sticks and Stones special is a sign that this faux outrage might actually propel The Joker's box office numbers in addition to it getting rave reviews. Talk about a backfire:mjlol:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Man, dude that did Hangover is a prestigious award winner now. I knew dude had chops based off that GG Allin doc but this is insane
tenor.gif

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I never said any of that. You're projecting. But let's flip it. Let's say a movie about Harley Quinn comes out, pre-psychotic break, and she's cast as a troubled young woman who's just doing her best. Now the only men shown in the trailer interacting with her are black men. 2 out of 3 of those men are portrayed as mean and/or unsupportive, thus foreshadowing the conditions that lead to her pending mental breakdown and life of crime. I swear to god y'all would be writing dissertations if a trailer like that came out. There would be so many threads about the "agenda" against black men or even just against men. Fact is, nobody sees a problem with these kind of things until they're the ones being cast that way. I don't have a problem with black people being portrayed in a bad light, I have a problem when I see a pattern where they constantly are made to be these one-dimensional cardboard antagonists or incompetent bueuracrats that justify why the white lead has to "go off". But you know I'm still gonna watch the movie because this is just a trailer. I'm hoping for the best, but this is a fukking message board, and I'm giving my opinion on what I see, just like you.

I definitely get where you're coming from but its not this movie that now ya'll wanna realize this when its always happened.. just find it funny that a lot of these issues all of a sudden seem to be a problem when its a DC film. not saying you, just noticing a trend

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
joker movie is gonna make back 10 x it's budget at least. I wonder how you end a movie like this especially if its supposed to be a one off.

I hope it doesn't and they switch gears into making a black label DC Gotham centered world. I really hope this affects the world of The Batman in 2020 I was hoping for a elseworlds too but fukk it

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Roman Polanski is outchea still winning awards but The Joker is what cancel culture is attacking?:deadmanny:

The universal praise from fans of Chappelle's Sticks and Stones special is a sign that this faux outrage might actually propel The Joker's box office numbers in addition to it getting rave reviews. Talk about a backfire:mjlol:

"Faux outrage" is part of the analyticals and algorithms now,these companies are literally paying for fake outrage. I'm realizing now that these companies are paying for the fake outrage tweets,that will transform into fake outrage and "controversy" as a counter.That Heather chick is probably being paid by DC.