Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
You're an Eminem fan. Where are your posts about how his shock/horror raps inspire little Timmy?

He addresses that himself in his music.

I try to stimulate, but kids emulate
And mimic every move you make, Slim you great but wait
Can't you see I'm only here to entertain? I gotta be the one to go against the grain
Because I see it, feel it, live it but it's inhumane
For me to see you be influenced and pretend you ain't

I'm not saying don't make the movie or not to watch it or even try to pan it because "problematic".

Just don't be surprised that people's minds drift to the possibility of some stupid shyt going down when the last time a Joker centric movie dropped some idiot went to the premier, tear gassed and shot 71 people. Especially in a social climate where people are starting to be afraid to even go out shopping with their families.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
"Faux outrage" is part of the analyticals and algorithms now,these companies are literally paying for fake outrage. I'm realizing now that these companies are paying for the fake outrage tweets,that will transform into fake outrage and "controversy" as a counter.That Heather chick is probably being paid by DC.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO so now we just making shyt up.. her bio clearly says works for ''Disney/marveL'' lol but look for ways to spin things as a negative for DC

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There were 323 mass shootings in 2018. When is a good time in the political climate to release something that may inspire crazy motherfukkers to do crazy shyt?

The Punisher, which Heather was :noah: over, had its first season delayed because of the Vegas shooting for a month in a half. Two weeks before the new release date, there was another mass shooting.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Just don't be surprised that people's minds drift to the possibility of some stupid shyt going down when the last time a Joker centric movie dropped some idiot went to the premier, tear gassed and shot 71 people. Especially in a social climate where people are starting to be afraid to even go out shopping with their families.

That shooting happened at a Dark Knight Rises premiere (not The Dark Knight), and except for it being a Batman flick there's nothing relating it to the Joker at all. That was a media-created thing. The closest thing was that he dyed his hair red but he apparently that was supposed to represent bravery. He was dressed like a tactical soldier or some shyt and he always maintained that he went for the most crowded place he could think of, it had nothing to do with it actually being a Batman flick.

Not saying it invalidates what you're saying, but media hype has us remembering that event differently from what it really was.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

That was a Bane centric movie. All that "he did cause Joker" shyt was unfounded. They used to do this with music, Rev. Butts would get up on his high horse and say that ppl killin and shyt cause of rap music.. No.

I will never believe that entertainment be it video games or music or film will turn someone into a psychopath. It's a cop out because politicians don't want to do more to stop the real issues at hand.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
That shooting happened at a Dark Knight Rises premiere (not The Dark Knight), and except for it being a Batman flick there's nothing relating it to the Joker at all. That was a media-created thing. The closest thing was that he dyed his hair red but he apparently that was supposed to represent bravery. He was dressed like a tactical soldier or some shyt and he always maintained that he went for the most crowded place he could think of, it had nothing to do with it actually being a Batman flick.

Not saying it invalidates what you're saying, but media hype has us remembering that event differently from what it really was.

Ahh so it was after the Joker movie.

The shyt was frequent enough then to be tiring to keep up with, even more so now.

That was a Bane centric movie. All that "he did cause Joker" shyt was unfounded. They used to do this with music, Rev. Butts would get up on his high horse and say that ppl killin and shyt cause of rap music.. No.

I will never believe that entertainment be it video games or music or film will turn someone into a psychopath. It's a cop out because politicians don't want to do more to stop the real issues at hand.

Of course the movies/video games or music doesn't turn people into psychos, that's never been the argument from me. I'm saying that the psychos are looking for excuses/rationale and the fact that the movie is priding itself on it's realism and how much of a comic-book movie it isn't could make the immersion factor deeper for someone who's already on that edge. I can see how bringing that up (as a shill) or just as someone who had it cross their mind can kinda ruin the fun for everybody but that's what crossed my mind, even as someone who is looking forward to it.

You can't use the films/music or games as a cop out, but you can't ignore the influence they have either.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Was watching Taxi Driver with DeNiro earlier today and couldn't help but wonder what these soft cancel culture fascist fakkits would think of that movie if it dropped today...

Travis Bickle was a incel sociopath who said fukk it and turned into a homicidal vigilante...

Movie would never have been made.