Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This Heather chick worked for Marvel and Disney, wonder if she's biased:unimpressed:

@hex the Legion tweet:banderas:

My man.
Be4RBsd.png

Get this Heather bytch the fukk outta here.
DKt04lZ.png

"I don't want to see a movie...." and a long ass list of reasons why. Ok cool....don't go see the shyt. You had to tell us all that?
QzTChq0.png

Fred.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
OK, I just saw the full length trailer for the first time before IT. I now see what people are saying about waiting to see what WoC think of the film. Why are all women in this trailer black women? 2 out of 3 of them represent negative and/or ineffectual and incompetant people that don't treat Joaquin's character well or help him. No one thinks that strange? I'm getting sick of diversity in films that places black bodies in positions where they are the antagonizer and/or bad people who make the white protagonist or villian sympathetic. I just hope that Zazie Beetz's character doesn't do anything like dump him or betray him, acting as cataylst to his final break down.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan shut your dumb ass up. keep those tired ass twitter topics away from.. ya'll swear everything surrounding black people must be pure and holy

Black Manta was a pirate and a villain and that nikka KILLT IT, lets kill this bullshyt that whenever black people are on screen, they have to always be heroes

calh45

Cal
Daps
bruh...ppl just love to complain just to complain and bytch. bunch of fake outrage. god i hate society now. seems like most ppl are soft and sensitive.

Nah. They're using that shyt for clout now. Being woke is the new marketing plan. The problem is the people constantly doing it now have a documented history of enough bullshyt that they can be called out for it.

In real life people get that it's just a movie. She's trying to justify her blue check.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan shut your dumb ass up. keep those tired ass twitter topics away from.. ya'll swear everything surrounding black people must be pure and holy

Black Manta was a pirate and a villain and that nikka KILLT IT, lets kill this bullshyt that whenever black people are on screen, they have to always be heroes

I never said any of that. You're projecting. But let's flip it. Let's say a movie about Harley Quinn comes out, pre-psychotic break, and she's cast as a troubled young woman who's just doing her best. Now the only men shown in the trailer interacting with her are black men. 2 out of 3 of those men are portrayed as mean and/or unsupportive, thus foreshadowing the conditions that lead to her pending mental breakdown and life of crime. I swear to god y'all would be writing dissertations if a trailer like that came out. There would be so many threads about the "agenda" against black men or even just against men. Fact is, nobody sees a problem with these kind of things until they're the ones being cast that way. I don't have a problem with black people being portrayed in a bad light, I have a problem when I see a pattern where they constantly are made to be these one-dimensional cardboard antagonists or incompetent bueuracrats that justify why the white lead has to "go off". But you know I'm still gonna watch the movie because this is just a trailer. I'm hoping for the best, but this is a fukking message board, and I'm giving my opinion on what I see, just like you.