Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Uh....no man.

The RT score is a median of all reviews. So if more positive come in, it'll stay the same. Or possibly go up. But more reviews doesn't necessarily mean anything, either way.

Fred.
Yes man, I have observed that the more critics chime in the lower a movie's RT score get meaning the % of positive reviews trends down. These first 30 are the critics either studios picked to se it early or are eager to see this movie, so the initial reviews for all movies tend to be the most positive. Critics who see it the week or day it is released obviously the movie wasn't a priority for them so they tend to be less forgiving.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yes man, I have observed that the more critics chime in the lower a movie's RT score get meaning the % of positive reviews trends down. These first 30 are the critics either studios picked to se it early or are eager to see this movie, so the initial reviews for all movies tend to be the most positive. Critics who see it the week or day it is released obviously the movie wasn't a priority for them so they tend to be less forgiving.

You observed. Oh ok. :unimpressed:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, let's wait and see if the RT score goes up or down by time all the reviews come in and discuss then. :skip:
If it goes down, that doesn't mean you're right. Do you not understand how math and averages works? :mjtf:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Matter of fact, why are cats giving RT any credence whatsoever? The whole system is faulty as hell. We've known this.
Or is this just going to be another talking point in the stan wars? In that case, I'm good on all that. :hubie:

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If it goes down, that doesn't mean you're right. Do you not understand how math and averages works? :mjtf:

Fred.
Yeah, it is currently @ 87%, I said it is likely to finish lower, if it indeed ends lower than the current 87% my prediction is right. What am I missing something? :patrice:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Matter of fact, why are cats giving RT any credence whatsoever? The whole system is faulty as hell. We've known this.
Or is this just going to be another talking point in the stan wars? In that case, I'm good on all that. :hubie:

Fred.
anecdotally it does appear the longer a movie is out the lower its RT score will go

and i wouldnt devolve his point down to that, he said he is still going to see it anyway. plus we can leave the simplistic stan war accusals to the usual suspects

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Fred.
Don't dip your toe in and then act all above it all. No one mentioned any other studio, I said I'm very much looking forward to seeing it based on what I think the critical consensus will be. If you don't start no stan war there won't be no stan war. :francis:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Joker Will "Absolutely" Be In Running For Oscar According To Venice Film Festival Director

Todd Phillips and DC's gritty and R-rated look at the most popular villain in all of comic books finally premiered at the Venice Film Festival this past week and received a much different response than many people would have guessed. Joker debuted to a massive standing ovation and incredible critical reception, and it looks as though a lot of folks think that's going to be enough for the film to get the ultimate recognition when awards season begins later this year.

At the halfway point of the Venice Film Festival, event director Alberto Barbera spoke with Deadline about the controversial film and he believes that Joker has everything it takes to be a major awards contender, especially when it comes to Joaquin Phoenix's turn as Arthur Fleck.

"I think they made a good choice. The right choice. The film deserves the reception it is getting," said Barbera. "It goes beyond the boundaries of the genre. Joaquin Phoenix’s performance is outstanding and Todd Phillips did a great job."

As for Joker's chances at some Academy Award nominations this season, Barbera feels as though the film is a lock to at least be in contention.

"They’re very good. Absolutely, it will be in the running," he added.

Of course, the subject matter of Joker could deter awards voters away from giving it nominations. Regardless of how dark the film may be, Barbera doesn't think it will be too much of an issue.

"I don’t think so. The way it deals with those elements is intelligent," he said. "It’s not a simplistic view. Social factors, and other external factors, combine with the character’s state of mind to make it a complex picture. That’s a strength of the film. It’s a strong, unexpected and original film. Even if there are references to The King Of Comedy and Taxi Driver, it’s a very original movie."

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don't dip your toe in and then act all above it all. No one mentioned any other studio, I said I'm very much looking forward to seeing it based on what I think the critical consensus will be. If you don't start no stan war there won't be no stan war. :francis:

I am above it all. But this flip flopping you're doing is ridiculous.

I mean....let's be real here. You were talking about "Civil War" might be the best reviewed comic movie of all time....based on 41 reviews.

Where was this whole "well, the score will drop!" bullshyt then?

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/18899437/

But now "Joker" score will definitely drop....based on 35 reviews?

Keep that same energy. :gucci:

Fred.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
To see Marvel fukkboys losing their shyt is funny to me:mjlol:

I collect Marvel and DC Comics, and I buy more Marvel than DC, truth be told Only Batman and Justice League, but I personally enjoy DC Dark tone movies more than Marvel, My favorite Marvel Movies are Logan and Winter Soldier. I enjoy The Arrowverse, Krypton, SHIELD, Gifted, Black Lighting

But the Stan War's especially from Marvel fan's is funny shyt. Just enjoy the movies damn it

They really upset because The Joker is already critically acclaimed and there's Oscar talk:gucci:

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I am above it all. But this flip flopping you're doing is ridiculous.

I mean....let's be real here. You were talking about "Civil War" might be the best reviewed comic movie of all time....based on 41 reviews.

Where was this whole "well, the score will drop!" bullshyt then?

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/18899437/

But now "Joker" score will definitely drop....based on 35 reviews?

Keep that same energy. :gucci:

Fred.

Can you claim to be above it all when you are keeping tabs on three year old mentions on RT scores? I'll let you tell it. :patrice:

Also, I don't know if you missed it are being disingenuous but I also said just a page later in that three year old thread.

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/18902153/

Same energy accomplished?! :ld: