Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Gun to my head I might catch that bullet for trying to define "incel", like I THINK I know what people are talking about - but I don't KNOW for sure :hubie:

I liked the first trailer more, but IN like a mofo.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I consider you one of the most neutral cats in this sub-forum.

Read over the last page or so....am I bugging?

I know you don't mess with RT....neither do I. But I can't wrap my mind around assuming one score will stay the same/not matter in the long run....while the score for another movie will drop enough to adversely affect how it's received.

Unless there's an ulterior motive, I mean. :manny:

Fred.

It’s the last thing you said :russ:

The logic doesn’t add up cause there is no logic to it. I don’t get it:manny:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This looks like hot shyt.

If y'all want to see crazy mofos go visit a psych hospital.

People fascinated with the mentally deranged but do nothing to help them.
MetallicMildAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gun to my head I might catch that bullet for trying to define "incel", like I THINK I know what people are talking about - but I don't KNOW for sure :hubie:

I liked the first trailer more, but IN like a mofo.

Incel means "involuntarily celibate". Basically they don't get no p*ssy.

The sole reason I know the definition is TLR. :francis:

Anyway, the term doesn't fit this movie because we seen Joker with Zazie Beetz. I dunno if they're dating or fukking but we see her hanging out with him and he kisses her in the new trailer. Incels wouldn't even be in that position, at all.

Fred.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
ok i heard this got a 10 minute standing ovation at the venice film festival

now im hyped....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Man I'm not trying to run this topic into the ground but the math ain't adding up.

Like @Scottie Drippin said, the only way "Civil War" could be the best reviewed comic movie is if it had virtually no drop off on RT. Like 3-4 points.

If "Joker" has the same drop off it'll land in the 85-86% range.

Meaning, you assume "Joker" will have a significant drop off. Enough that it'll no longer be a "critical darling".

All I'm asking is....based on what? I'm legit confused. Why assume the drop off is completely inconsequential for one movie....but not the other?

Fred.
I quoted something that said it was @ 87% at the time. And I then predicted low 80s/high 70s. Is this a significant difference from what I said about CW? I don't think so.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I had no idea people were so up and down on this movie lol, I'm not gonna see it in theaters, it's not that deep but I'm anticipating a really dope film when I do catch it.

I am kind of annoyed with the elitist "it's not really a comic book movie" shyt though. I won't hold that against the people who made the movie but that's a huge turn off for me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not sure why people are:picard:about the origin story for one of the most deranged villains being dark as fukk.

If he became the Joker because he worked for Bruce Wayne and Bruce gave a funny acronym for something the Joker worked on, would that be light enough for some people?

Man fukk any sort of lightness. I want to leave the theater like
5FnLmgK.png

#gloomygang

Fred.