Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This looks like hot shyt.

If y'all want to see crazy mofos go visit a psych hospital.

People fascinated with the mentally deranged but do nothing to help them.
Great Hot Take Homeboy
But who the fukk you think Joker is Captain America
The Joker is skitz, I outta Neg Yo Ass
We talking about a lunatic in Joker and this Movie about Joker and you trying too, it a movie about Joker .... You know what
:pacspit:

And:camby:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah the internet is the only place where people continuously talk about shyt they don’t like. That’s a damn waste of time, sir, and life.
Not true, lol. People talk shyt about things they don't like all the time, whether it's work, school, coworkers, a friend's partner, inlaws, or basically anything two people can find an agreement on not to like.

The internet is an extension of that same thing that just specifically targets certain sub cultures. Whether it be TLR posters that hate (black) women, Coliseum posters who hate Lebron or Film Room posters who hate having good taste in film, hate is everywhere.

Embrace it McFly!
full

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Please tell me what that has to do with this film other than you being a childish idiot who is trying his best to look for any reason to hate ? Why are you even in this thread constantly posting if you hate it this much ?

Huh dummy.. you a closet fan
:mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not true, lol. People talk shyt about things they don't like all the time, whether it's work, school, coworkers, a friend's partner, inlaws, or basically anything two people can find an agreement on not to like.

The internet is an extension of that same thing that just specifically targets certain sub cultures. Whether it be TLR posters that hate (black) women, Coliseum posters who hate Lebron or Film Room posters who hate having good taste in film, hate is everywhere.

Embrace it McFly!
full
Maybe in your world homie lol. I don’t surround myself with that energy

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
My dudes if I hear the word incel one more time I'm going to jump out a window. Why are we concerned with what mentally ill people have to say about a film. Imagine if taxi driver was released today, there would be a fukking conniption. This isn't some swan song for incels, they just gravitate to dark depressing stories because that's what their existence means to them.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Rotten Tomatoes: 87% (30 Reviews, Average: 9.26/10)

Top Critics: 56% (9 Reviews, Average: 8.33/10)

Critics Consensus: Joker gives its infamous central character a chillingly plausible origin story that serves as a brilliant showcase for its star -- and a dark evolution for comics-inspired cinema.

Metacritic: 75 (18 Reviews)

A dazzlingly disturbed psycho morality play, one that speaks to the age of incels and mass shooters and no-hope politics, of the kind of hate that emerges from crushed dreams.

Owen Gleiberman, Variety

Not to discredit the imaginative vision of the writer-director, his co-scripter and invaluable tech and design teams, but Phoenix is the prime force that makes Joker such a distinctively edgy entry in the Hollywood comics industrial complex.

David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter

If you strip the Joker and his nearly 80-year history as a cultural icon out of this film, as well as all the 1970s movie homages, there's not a whole lot left except for Phoenix's performance, and it's the kind of turn that's destined to be divisive.

Alonso Duralde, TheWrap

Phoenix is all in and then some, a performance so dazzling risky and original you might as well start engraving his name on the Oscar right now. No joke, this is a movie — premiering today at the Venice Film Festival — unlike any other from the DC universe, and you will find it impossible to shake off. At least I did.

Pete Hammond, Deadline

Joaquin Phoenix's fully committed performance and Todd Phillips' masterful albeit loose reinvention of the DC source material make Joker a film that should leave comic book fans and non-fans alike disturbed and moved in all the right ways. 10/10

Jim Vejvoda, IGN

“Joker” is neither a game-changer nor just “another day in Chuckletown.” It’s both. It’s good enough to be dangerous, and bad enough to demand better. It’s going to turn the world upside down and make us all hysterical in the process. For better or worse, it’s exactly the movie the Joker would want

David Ehrlich, Indiewire

"Joker" is a dark, brooding and psychologically plausible origin story, a vision of cartoon sociopathy made flesh.

Justin Chang, LA Times

Having brazenly plundered the films of Scorsese, Phillips fashions stolen ingredients into something new, so that what began as a gleeful cosplay session turns progressively more dangerous - and somehow more relevant, too. 5/5

Xan Brooks, Guardian

Bold, devastating and utterly beautiful, Todd Phillips and Joaquin Phoenix have not just reimagined one of the most iconic villains in cinema history, but reimagined the comic book movie itself. 5/5

Terri White, Empire

Superhero blockbuster this is not: a playful fireman's-pole-based homage to the old Batman television series is one of a very few lighthearted moments in an otherwise oppressively downbeat and reality-grounded urban thriller...

Robbie Collin, The Daily Telegraph

Phillips may want us to think he's giving us a movie all about the emptiness of our culture, but really, he's just offering a prime example of it.

Stephanie Zacharek, Time Magazine

Nobody who sees this new film will ever need any other version. 5/5
High 80s RT with only 30 reviews makes me think it won't be the critical darling some think this is headed towards. RT scores go down not up the more people get to see and review it. This will probably end up being a low 80s/high 70s which is totally fresh and makes me want to see it, but awards and all that is not that likely if you care about stuff like that. Looking forward to it nonetheless.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
looks great :ehh:

and :stopitslime: its obvious they are trying to make him sympathetic so that when he turns crazy you are conflicted as a viewer. its a common trope :hhh: he'll end up being a monster , yall need to calm down
nothings changed for me over the past several months

certain demos, including some on the coli are really gonna feel a connection to this character

High 80s RT with only 30 reviews makes me think it won't be the critical darling some think this is headed towards. RT scores go down not up the more people get to see and review it. This will probably end up being a low 80s/high 70s which is totally fresh and makes me want to see it, but awards and all that is not that likely if you care about stuff like that. Looking forward to it nonetheless.
good, i was afraid they didnt get their checks yet because of the holiday :troll:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
critics love it [just basing this off of the IGN review] because Hollywood is not treating this as a comic book film.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
RT scores go down not up the more people get to see and review it.

Uh....no man.

The RT score is a median of all reviews. So if more positive come in, it'll stay the same. Or possibly go up. But more reviews doesn't necessarily mean anything, either way.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
critics love it [just basing this off of the IGN review] because Hollywood is not treating this as a comic book film.

Which is corny to me and just as bad as fans talking about what "real hip-hop" is.

It's a comic book movie. Critics and film nerds just don't want to admit they like a comic movie.

Fred.