Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can you claim to be above it all when you are keeping tabs on three year old mentions on RT scores? I'll let you tell it. :patrice:

Also, I don't know if you missed it are being disingenuous but I also said just a page later in that three year old thread.

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/18902153/

Same energy accomplished?! :ld:

It took me 2 seconds to Search what you said. Tabs? :unimpressed:

And I'm :dead: at the spin job.

You thought "Civil War" would be the best reviewed comic movie of al time.

Meaning the score potentially dropping would be completely inconsequential.

That sentiment is nowhere in this thread, despite the circumstances being exactly the same.

Why is that?:jbhmm:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Civil War" at 98% with 41 reviews: "Could be the best reviewed comic movie of all time."

"Joker" at 89% with 35 reviews: "I don't think it'll be the critical darling people assume."

dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Can you claim to be above it all when you are keeping tabs on three year old mentions on RT scores? I'll let you tell it. :patrice:

Also, I don't know if you missed it are being disingenuous but I also said just a page later in that three year old thread.

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/18902153/

Same energy accomplished?! :ld:

fred you might have got a little too ancy here :picard:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
"Civil War" at 98% with 41 reviews: "Could be the best reviewed comic movie of all time."

"Joker" at 89% with 35 reviews: "I don't think it'll be the critical darling people assume."

dpGPX6Q.gif

Fred.
Nah dog he pulled up receipts on your receipts eat your L and relax you look crazy in here :hubie:

Starting at 98 meant it had a chance to finish above 94 where TDK was even with the fall homeboy (rightfully) predicted (because every movies average goes down after more reviews come in as people who aren't handpicked get to see it).

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It took me 2 seconds to Search what you said. Tabs? :unimpressed:

And I'm :dead: at the spin job.

You thought "Civil War" would be the best reviewed comic movie of al time.

Meaning the score potentially dropping would be completely inconsequential.

That sentiment is nowhere in this thread, despite the circumstances being exactly the same.

Why is that?:jbhmm:

Fred.

Maybe you should have spent 3 seconds to see that I also said the score would go down like I said this one, which you claimed I didn't one post ago. :francis:
98 and 89% are the same? If we translate to grades one is a definite A+ and the other is a definite B+. They are not the same, nice try tho. :mjgrin:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
High 80s RT with only 30 reviews makes me think it won't be the critical darling some think this is headed towards. RT scores go down not up the more people get to see and review it. This will probably end up being a low 80s/high 70s which is totally fresh and makes me want to see it, but awards and all that is not that likely if you care about stuff like that. Looking forward to it nonetheless.
Vice got nominated for oscars and had like a 68% on RT.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah dog he pulled up receipts on your receipts eat your L and relax you look crazy in here :hubie:

Starting at 98 meant it had a chance to finish above 94 where TDK was even with the fall homeboy (rightfully) predicted (because every movies average goes down after more reviews come in as people who aren't handpicked get to see it).

The problem is he assumed "Joker" would drop to the point that it would no longer be critically acclaimed....which is what he said. "Might not be a critical darling".

Given the same circumstances, he assumed "Civil War" wouldn't drop enough to take it out of the running as the best reviewed comic movie.

That makes sense to you? :dahell:

Maybe you should have spent 3 seconds to see that I also said the score would go down like I said this one, which you claimed I didn't one post ago. :francis:
98 and 89% are the same? If we translate to grades one is a definite A+ and the other is a definite B+. They are not the same, nice try tho. :mjgrin:

There is a yawning chasm between "best of all time" and "won't be a critical darling". I'm asking why would you assume one movie would stay relatively the same....enough to be the best reviewed comic movie....and one would adversely affect it's over all critical rating?

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The problem is he assumed "Joker" would drop to the point that it would no longer be critically acclaimed....which is what he said. "Might not be a critical darling".

Given the same circumstances, he assumed "Civil War" wouldn't drop enough to take it out of the running as the best reviewed comic movie.

That makes sense to you? :dahell:

There is a yawning chasm between "best of all time" and "won't be a critical darling". I'm asking why would you assume one movie would stay relatively the same....enough to be the best reviewed comic movie....and one would adversely affect it's over all critical rating?

Fred.
It's the difference between 98 and 89%. Also another factor, someone won best supporting actor for playing the Joker already. Is it likely for them to nominate an actor/movie for a character that has already won? I don't think so. Just my opinion not claiming any expertise, especially when it comes to Oscars.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure why people are:picard:about the origin story for one of the most deranged villains being dark as fukk.

If he became the Joker because he worked for Bruce Wayne and Bruce gave a funny acronym for something the Joker worked on, would that be light enough for some people?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's the difference between 98 and 89%. Also another factor, someone won best supporting actor for playing the Joker already. Is it likely for them to nominate an actor/movie for a character that has already won? I don't think so. Just my opinion not claiming any expertise, especially when it comes to Oscars.

Man I'm not trying to run this topic into the ground but the math ain't adding up.

Like @Scottie Drippin said, the only way "Civil War" could be the best reviewed comic movie is if it had virtually no drop off on RT. Like 3-4 points.

If "Joker" has the same drop off it'll land in the 85-86% range.

Meaning, you assume "Joker" will have a significant drop off. Enough that it'll no longer be a "critical darling".

All I'm asking is....based on what? I'm legit confused. Why assume the drop off is completely inconsequential for one movie....but not the other?

Fred.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Matter of fact, why are cats giving RT any credence whatsoever? The whole system is faulty as hell. We've known this.
Or is this just going to be another talking point in the stan wars? In that case, I'm good on all that. :hubie:

Fred.

Because they don’t understand math or how reviews work. There ya go. And of course the need for validation

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because they don’t understand math or how reviews work. There ya go. And of course the need for validation

I consider you one of the most neutral cats in this sub-forum.

Read over the last page or so....am I bugging?

I know you don't mess with RT....neither do I. But I can't wrap my mind around assuming one score will stay the same/not matter in the long run....while the score for another movie will drop enough to adversely affect how it's received.

Unless there's an ulterior motive, I mean. :manny:

Fred.