Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I’m trying to get across is that you are providing your take on this movie from a comic book head perspective. You said there are many iterations of joker because you know the source material. This is literally what I’m getting at. This is literally what my first post stated was that this movie was written without referencing years of history per the director. So I was asking the question of if this is a movie about the Joker or something else with the name Joker slapped on it. Nowhere did I judge the movie in terms or how good it will be or bad. I was simply saying there’s been a noticeable acceptability of the creators blatantly saying they aren’t using the source material at all. And I said we will see how we all react when the movie is released.
It’s a movie about the joker . You seem to be confusing that because Phillips isn’t adapting a particular joker origin that he’s not making a joker movie if understand your concerns however we are trying to tell you he is using some elements from previous joker origin stories based on the trailers . However most comic book movies aren’t adapting storylines completely faithfully . Look at say age of ultron which can is literally nothing at all like the comic story and I mean nothing outside of the fact ultron is In it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:comeon: She's saying she wants to know what women reviewers think of the movie before seeing it just in case they set the Joker up as a psychotic killer a la Hawkeye in IW (going on an emotional killing rampage that just so happened to target Mexican and Japanese criminals instead of white American criminals). Sometimes (actually quite often) directors and writers will make women and/or pocs collateral damage so it doesn't inspire so much outrage when they want the audience to still like or sympathize with the guy doing the killing. All she's saying is that she wants to know who gets the brunt of most of the Joker's wrath in the movie before she forks over $20 buck to see it.
That wasn't clear at all from the tweet that was posted.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
What I’m trying to get across is that you are providing your take on this movie from a comic book head perspective. You said there are many iterations of joker because you know the source material. This is literally what I’m getting at. This is literally what my first post stated was that this movie was written without referencing years of history per the director. So I was asking the question of if this is a movie about the Joker or something else with the name Joker slapped on it. Nowhere did I judge the movie in terms or how good it will be or bad. I was simply saying there’s been a noticeable acceptability of the creators blatantly saying they aren’t using the source material at all. And I said we will see how we all react when the movie is released.

Ben Affleck’s Daredevil referenced years of materials and the director/writer was a huge DD fan. The movie sucked. Being able to spot references doesn’t make a movie more “true” to the character.

Being discerning about how to pull those pieces like Netflix DD helped. Plus having solid fundamentals of cinematic filmmaking.

That’s the difference that gets you the hallway fight that is inspired by movies like the Raid instead of well Bullseye killed Elektra like the comics.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ben Affleck’s Daredevil referenced years of materials and the director/writer was a huge DD fan. The movie sucked. Being able to spot references doesn’t make a movie more “true” to the character.

Being discerning about how to pull those pieces like Netflix DD helped. Plus having solid fundamentals of cinematic filmmaking.

That’s the difference that gets you the hallway fight that is inspired by movies like the Raid instead of well Bullseye killed Elektra like the comics.

Okay I get it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is the dumbest line of logic. I’ve been around since the project covo and the sohh days. What are you talking about? I don’t always have to respond but I read a lot about what’s on here. Come up with a better line of reasoning.

Sure thing breh :mjgrin:

Since you read a lot, go read The Killing Joke. Read something related to Joker. It seems you haven't.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
You're saying "freshmen psych" but then dismissing the fact that most of the people out in Venice are very well educated. Phoenix was a legend in the acting game way before this film and he'll be after this film.

Your post is try hard... just say you don't want to think. Just say you are happier when everything on screen is popcorn inspired.
You don’t know shyt about me, dawg. “Most of the people out in Venice are very well educated.” Just movie reviewers quaffing their own farts and pretending this shyt is high art because Phoenix flails around and looks cRaZzzzzZzzzZzzY.

Spare me

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You don’t know shyt about me, dawg. “Most of the people out in Venice are very well educated.” Just movie reviewers quaffing their own farts and pretending this shyt is high art because Phoenix flails around and looks cRaZzzzzZzzzZzzY.

Spare me

Ah, yeah the way you wrote this just validated my previous statement. :laugh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Spare me
What is your issue with the movie?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I have a feeling I won't like this. I'm gonna take a hard pass. I'm not missing anything.

This coming from a guy who thinks Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron are good and Into the Spiderverse is "ehh". Not a shocking development that you wouldn't like this type of movie, you got some WOAT takes. :russ:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It’s started

:russ:

So we're gonna have another one of these at a cinema
original