Official Jason Bourne Thread

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Y'all are tripping. The reviewers are tripping. Double toasted is tripping. That movie was fire:wow:. It got applause at the end. Watched Star Trek than Jason back to back. From the reviews I thought I'd like Star Trek and dislike Bourne but it was the opposite.
Star Trek exceeded my expectations
Bourne kept mine same as what I had just maintain at least Bourne identity level
Both were worth it and worth buying imo

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I wasn't feeling this like I thought I would. I liked the new characters but I think I was just bored with the story and the idea of Jason still trying to figure out stuff about his past. The action was dope but everyone else around it just seemed flat

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I wasn't feeling this like I thought I would. I liked the new characters but I think I was just bored with the story and the idea of Jason still trying to figure out stuff about his past. The action was dope but everyone else around it just seemed flat
the real question is...did you use that stubs premiere line to get your snacks? :lupe:

seeing it tomorrow with pops
which is also free large popcorn day for stubs members
:jawalrus:

skylake

Pro
Daps
The original series were some of my favorite movies but the trailer for this looked like trash so I wasn't expecting much

But it was actually pretty good. I'd give it a solid 7.5/10

They stuck with what made the Bourne character unique and the plot stayed true to the previous films

I'm just glad they didn't turn it into some basic trash action movie or one last quick money grab using the Bourne name that that the trailer made it seem like

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This movie was average as fukk across the board. The story was engaging enough to save this filim from itself

Shaky cam damn near destroyed this movie. Why does this fukking director have to do so many goddamn cuts in the action? Are these fukks that slow? Why does all the fighting have to take place at night? Are these cacs that fukking slow?

It was interesting to see how ill the scope of CIA power is though and id say the CIA capabilities was better to watch then Bourne himself. :scusthov:

My wife hated the Ex Machina bytch and we both laughed with Bourne styled on her in the end :russ:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Saw it tonight in an advance screening (which started off with a video of Matt Damon telling us how special it was we got to see this politically-relevant movie first all while a little pop-up box in the corner appeared to remind us that the man speaking to us was Matt Damon) and long story short...

It fukking blew.

For the record, I'm pretty sure I said this before but I don't understand the Coli's fascination/excitement with/for the OG flicks. I mean, the OG is pretty good but the Greengrass sequels are quintessential examples of the worst wave in action cinema of the 00s, extreme close-up shaky cam action with cuts every second and a half. That shyt wasn't wavy back then, and I blame those movies to this day for facilitating Hollywood to cheapen out on good action production with this ugly shyt, and now it's 2016, we have had movies like The Raid and John Wick, and here comes Paul Greengrass' ass again with this fukking ugly incomprehensible shyt. Every action scene is just a fukking mess of shyt camera work and shyt editing, I literally wanted to just close my eyes through all of them since it's just a bunch of blurs with large sound effects that are supposed to "wow" you with how hard Bourne may have just hit that guy in the face if you could actually see it.

Which isn't even the worst part, because the writing is just lazy to the point that it becomes insulting. It rehashes every "Bourne evades the authorities/CIA agents" scene from the original flick twenty times over in a plot so fukking dull that the big character arc here is someone reading an old psyche report stating that Bourne might be able to be recruited back into the CIA, then going around repeating the exact same lines from that report trying to convince people she can bring Bourne back in. This is a movie where a guy has a personal vendetta against a guy who later is revealed to have an older personal vendetta against him, so now there's a double vendetta which is supposed to make their face-off a super big deal but it doesn't because it's just laughably contrived.

This is a movie full of smart-dumb political points about privacy and whistle blowers and social media and hackers, and to emphasize that point they made sure to include two Snowden name drops in the first twenty minutes because wow, those leaks and stuff, man! And what about that Mark Zuckerberg stand-in we use to talk about the privacy invasion on social networks and how the government is involved and stuff, man! Kinda makes you think about stuff, doesn't it, man? Yeah, the movie is a real fukking eye-opener if you're twelve years old or just dumb as fukk in general.

Rarely have I seen such an uninspired and completely unnecessary movie like this. This shyt is so uninspired that Julia Styles seemingly aged fifty years and left all of her acting skills at home to do this shyt. This shyt is so unnecessary that in comparison it makes The Godfather Pt III feel like The Godfather Pt II. fukk this movie.

I don't disagree with the bulk of this...but I still liked it. :manny:

As far as the action critique goes, I have no issue with how Greengrass shoots or edits it. Not only because he did it first, but because he still does it better imo...though this wasn't as crisp as the others.