Official Jason Bourne Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw it tonight in an advance screening (which started off with a video of Matt Damon telling us how special it was we got to see this politically-relevant movie first all while a little pop-up box in the corner appeared to remind us that the man speaking to us was Matt Damon) and long story short...

It fukking blew.

For the record, I'm pretty sure I said this before but I don't understand the Coli's fascination/excitement with/for the OG flicks. I mean, the OG is pretty good but the Greengrass sequels are quintessential examples of the worst wave in action cinema of the 00s, extreme close-up shaky cam action with cuts every second and a half. That shyt wasn't wavy back then, and I blame those movies to this day for facilitating Hollywood to cheapen out on good action production with this ugly shyt, and now it's 2016, we have had movies like The Raid and John Wick, and here comes Paul Greengrass' ass again with this fukking ugly incomprehensible shyt. Every action scene is just a fukking mess of shyt camera work and shyt editing, I literally wanted to just close my eyes through all of them since it's just a bunch of blurs with large sound effects that are supposed to "wow" you with how hard Bourne may have just hit that guy in the face if you could actually see it.

Which isn't even the worst part, because the writing is just lazy to the point that it becomes insulting. It rehashes every "Bourne evades the authorities/CIA agents" scene from the original flick twenty times over in a plot so fukking dull that the big character arc here is someone reading an old psyche report stating that Bourne might be able to be recruited back into the CIA, then going around repeating the exact same lines from that report trying to convince people she can bring Bourne back in. This is a movie where a guy has a personal vendetta against a guy who later is revealed to have an older personal vendetta against him, so now there's a double vendetta which is supposed to make their face-off a super big deal but it doesn't because it's just laughably contrived.

This is a movie full of smart-dumb political points about privacy and whistle blowers and social media and hackers, and to emphasize that point they made sure to include two Snowden name drops in the first twenty minutes because wow, those leaks and stuff, man! And what about that Mark Zuckerberg stand-in we use to talk about the privacy invasion on social networks and how the government is involved and stuff, man! Kinda makes you think about stuff, doesn't it, man? Yeah, the movie is a real fukking eye-opener if you're twelve years old or just dumb as fukk in general.

Rarely have I seen such an uninspired and completely unnecessary movie like this. This shyt is so uninspired that Julia Styles seemingly aged fifty years and left all of her acting skills at home to do this shyt. This shyt is so unnecessary that in comparison it makes The Godfather Pt III feel like The Godfather Pt II. fukk this movie.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
my dudes over at double toasted absolutely shytted on this movie....i thought it would at least get a rental from them but they flat out said it was some bullshyt....my hype has gon down considerably so i'll prolly just wait for the korean subs rip

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Its well made but offers nothing new. 6 out af 10

@TheGodling I liked the Riz Ahmed as the Mark Zuckerberg type. Felt he was by far the best actor in this.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Saw it tonight in an advance screening (which started off with a video of Matt Damon telling us how special it was we got to see this politically-relevant movie first all while a little pop-up box in the corner appeared to remind us that the man speaking to us was Matt Damon) and long story short...

It fukking blew.

For the record, I'm pretty sure I said this before but I don't understand the Coli's fascination/excitement with/for the OG flicks. I mean, the OG is pretty good but the Greengrass sequels are quintessential examples of the worst wave in action cinema of the 00s, extreme close-up shaky cam action with cuts every second and a half. That shyt wasn't wavy back then, and I blame those movies to this day for facilitating Hollywood to cheapen out on good action production with this ugly shyt, and now it's 2016, we have had movies like The Raid and John Wick, and here comes Paul Greengrass' ass again with this fukking ugly incomprehensible shyt. Every action scene is just a fukking mess of shyt camera work and shyt editing, I literally wanted to just close my eyes through all of them since it's just a bunch of blurs with large sound effects that are supposed to "wow" you with how hard Bourne may have just hit that guy in the face if you could actually see it.

Which isn't even the worst part, because the writing is just lazy to the point that it becomes insulting. It rehashes every "Bourne evades the authorities/CIA agents" scene from the original flick twenty times over in a plot so fukking dull that the big character arc here is someone reading an old psyche report stating that Bourne might be able to be recruited back into the CIA, then going around repeating the exact same lines from that report trying to convince people she can bring Bourne back in. This is a movie where a guy has a personal vendetta against a guy who later is revealed to have an older personal vendetta against him, so now there's a double vendetta which is supposed to make their face-off a super big deal but it doesn't because it's just laughably contrived.

This is a movie full of smart-dumb political points about privacy and whistle blowers and social media and hackers, and to emphasize that point they made sure to include two Snowden name drops in the first twenty minutes because wow, those leaks and stuff, man! And what about that Mark Zuckerberg stand-in we use to talk about the privacy invasion on social networks and how the government is involved and stuff, man! Kinda makes you think about stuff, doesn't it, man? Yeah, the movie is a real fukking eye-opener if you're twelve years old or just dumb as fukk in general.

Rarely have I seen such an uninspired and completely unnecessary movie like this. This shyt is so uninspired that Julia Styles seemingly aged fifty years and left all of her acting skills at home to do this shyt. This shyt is so unnecessary that in comparison it makes The Godfather Pt III feel like The Godfather Pt II. fukk this movie.
So, did Jason use to grease Nicky Parsons? :feedme:

Jards

All Star
Daps
Caught it last night - probably the worst of the movies with Damon but still done its thing. My boo Alicia Vikander was fukking terrible in this though :mjcry:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If @TheGodling doesn't like it I'm in.

He's got the woat taste in film :blessed:

More like I got the GOAT taste in film and you're just a stupid idiot, but be my guest and throw away your money if you want.:manny:

Its well made but offers nothing new. 6 out af 10

@TheGodling I liked the Riz Ahmed as the Mark Zuckerberg type. Felt he was by far the best actor in this.

He was one of the few who seemed to actually try to do anything with this, but the character was such an obnoxiously obvious stand-in for Zuckerberg it bothered the hell out of me, especially because of the laughable agenda they tried to push with the character.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Like the reviews always right :camby:

Tons of movies they shyt on we're good

Also it was split cuz more action not as much story telling

While half like that better others prefer more story telling than action

I'll be in to be judge of that myself

I actually trust reviews, they've been good about saving me money and frustration. The majority verdict on this one is that it feels like a greatest hits recycling of the previous movies, which the trailer feels like. Nothing about that trailer got me excited, and now come to think of it, there is only one trailer for this action thriller :ohhh:.

I wonder if that means they don't care about impressing us because the Bourne name is enough to sucker us out of money, or if they don't have enough good scenes to show off. If you guys come back and tell me it's awesome, I may reconsider but for now I'm gonna wait until this hits cable.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I actually trust reviews, they've been good about saving me money and frustration. The majority verdict on this one is that it feels like a greatest hits recycling of the previous movies, which the trailer feels like. Nothing about that trailer got me excited, and now come to think of it, there is only one trailer for this action thriller :ohhh:.

I wonder if that means they don't care about impressing us because the Bourne name is enough to sucker us out of money, or if they don't have enough good scenes to show off. If you guys come back and tell me it's awesome, I may reconsider but for now I'm gonna wait until this hits cable.

I'm in diff boat quite a few films they rave about I didn't like also just a matter of preference what I do do is take in consideration what they say and set my expectation level off them tho
It won't waver me from seeing at movies rarely has it but it keeps me in check what to expect and the reviews I read seem too say too much action not enough plot

I'm going to tonite to watch it to see what's up tho

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Not surprised this is bad and the worst of the franchise at all. It looked far too "Hollywood" :scust: than Bourne from the previews.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Seems like damn near every movie that's not Disney is getting shat on this year :francis:

I wonder why :sas2: