Official Jason Bourne Thread

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I have to say I was pretty disappointed. Bourne is one of my favorite series' ever and they kinda dropped the ball on this one. I mean it was alright but it didn't feel like any of the other Bourne's to me.
To reckless and blah. Some decisions didn't make sense. and he jsut didn't have that same Bourne mentality imo.

Also, did I miss something? how did she find him in Greece but the government couldn't find him?

she seemed to get to him pretty easy.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This was such a retread of everything we have seen already in all the other Bourne movies. It was well made but it was redundant as all hell.
And by the time they got to that last car chase in Vegas I was really ready for the movie to just end.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i walked out of this shyt after 20 mins it was so trash, should of let jeremy renner keep playing bourne

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
shyt was ok I guess.
I could've done without the 30mins of walking around in Vegas to set shyt up.:francis:

peppe

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Holy fuk this was a dissapointing movie. The thing i like about bourne is the backstory that they always kept a secret. The programs and now they were hinting something about iron hand and I was like yes tell me more.:ohhh:

But it soon became all pointless car chases and a whole lot of nothing. Like at the end the vegas chase goddamn how long was that shyt? 10 minutes felt like eternity:francis:

Julia styles hasnt aged well, them white genes finally kicked in:skip: also the moves she makes are pretty retarded, it had me :mindblown: the whole time.

I really looked forward to this since im a day one fan but hollywood dun fuked it up:beli:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Saw it tonight in an advance screening (which started off with a video of Matt Damon telling us how special it was we got to see this politically-relevant movie first all while a little pop-up box in the corner appeared to remind us that the man speaking to us was Matt Damon) and long story short...

It fukking blew.

For the record, I'm pretty sure I said this before but I don't understand the Coli's fascination/excitement with/for the OG flicks. I mean, the OG is pretty good but the Greengrass sequels are quintessential examples of the worst wave in action cinema of the 00s, extreme close-up shaky cam action with cuts every second and a half. That shyt wasn't wavy back then, and I blame those movies to this day for facilitating Hollywood to cheapen out on good action production with this ugly shyt, and now it's 2016, we have had movies like The Raid and John Wick, and here comes Paul Greengrass' ass again with this fukking ugly incomprehensible shyt. Every action scene is just a fukking mess of shyt camera work and shyt editing, I literally wanted to just close my eyes through all of them since it's just a bunch of blurs with large sound effects that are supposed to "wow" you with how hard Bourne may have just hit that guy in the face if you could actually see it.

Which isn't even the worst part, because the writing is just lazy to the point that it becomes insulting. It rehashes every "Bourne evades the authorities/CIA agents" scene from the original flick twenty times over in a plot so fukking dull that the big character arc here is someone reading an old psyche report stating that Bourne might be able to be recruited back into the CIA, then going around repeating the exact same lines from that report trying to convince people she can bring Bourne back in. This is a movie where a guy has a personal vendetta against a guy who later is revealed to have an older personal vendetta against him, so now there's a double vendetta which is supposed to make their face-off a super big deal but it doesn't because it's just laughably contrived.

This is a movie full of smart-dumb political points about privacy and whistle blowers and social media and hackers, and to emphasize that point they made sure to include two Snowden name drops in the first twenty minutes because wow, those leaks and stuff, man! And what about that Mark Zuckerberg stand-in we use to talk about the privacy invasion on social networks and how the government is involved and stuff, man! Kinda makes you think about stuff, doesn't it, man? Yeah, the movie is a real fukking eye-opener if you're twelve years old or just dumb as fukk in general.

Rarely have I seen such an uninspired and completely unnecessary movie like this. This shyt is so uninspired that Julia Styles seemingly aged fifty years and left all of her acting skills at home to do this shyt. This shyt is so unnecessary that in comparison it makes The Godfather Pt III feel like The Godfather Pt II. fukk this movie.
this shyt was so trash :mjlol: :mindblown: :trash: :scust:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Movie was trash, should have brought back old ass Joan Allen at least Mackey held it down.

Tommy Lee Jones and his coarse skin :scust:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Late pass: Couldn't even finish this one brehs:francis:

Tommy Lee Jones: "He's in Greece?? Well get the Greece Team" .."Oh Bourne is in Berlin, well get the Berlin Team".. "Oh now he's in East Oakland?? Well get the East O team up and running":martin: