Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Omni-Man. He's probably hundreds of years old and squashed 100s of "earths". He has a whole empire of people like him that sort of justifies what he's saying. And he's a trained fighter with a military mentality. Homelander is overpowered grown-child. He's also alone and there are other people who could probably combine to kill him. Also, Homelander was on some weak ass shyt where he wanted people to like him. And just comparing them as parents. Omniman literally sat up there like "i could just make another you, 18 years is nothing to me".

I think he said he’s over a thousand years old :merchant:

Daps
0s1utdrgqfw61.jpg

:laff:

What is this??

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
A small group of humans beat the Flaxans three times in a row. OmniMan beating them was like young Shaq playing 21 against a team of 6th graders. It wasn't that impressive. Also, if you really watched season 1, you would've seen the flaxons were still active in the closing montage.
Also, by your logic, Nolan seeding up Mark's mom was a waste of time when he could've conquered earth 17 years prior.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, if any of Nolan's other children revolted like Mark did, then he could've killed them before they became a major threat to his orders.
These are simple concepts, breh.
:yeshrug:
Also, thx for not spoiling.
The Flaxans were never beaten by the Teen Team their invasion was stopped because of the exploitation of their weakness to normal spacetime. Nolan nearly exterminated them in their own dimension. They are still active because time runs differently. A day was decades for them and that happened months ago. I won't spoil any further with them either though. And the whole Nolan seeding up his mom and waiting for mark to get his powers would ALSO be a spoiler so I'll just let you watch for yourself.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
See you can stop right there. There is no such reality, it's all made up whether carnage filled like you think it would play out or not. So what they decided to make up didn't appeal to me. Because it's a cartoon it made me laugh how absurd it was and took me out of the serious moment Mark and Nolan were attenpting to have.

I get what you're saying, I get tired of gratuitous carnage that becomes meaningless in shows because it can tune viewers out, but look at it like this:

Invincible is an example of writers using that type of violence the right way. Part of the whole premise of the show is an alternate view of superheroics and the superman mythos particularly. We see realistic consequences of superhero battles and what type of mindsets some people would have in a world where your whole block could go up in flames at any given moment.

Normally other shows just have violence for violence's sake but that final fight was executed beautifully. Invincible doesn't go deep into the same deep end, 'tune me out style as a clear parody/deconstruction like The Boys (original comic especially) and it did a good job of what it wanted to convey imho

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
He don't care he was going to do what he was going to do regardless
He must have been very conflicted then, because if he didn't care at all why go through all the trouble of lying, hiding proof and shyt, etc

Same thing with all the time he spent pretending to be normal and nice while he could have pulled up and reign as a king from day one.

That's why I think he really believed in this "fake" life and loved the folks around him. But when his son got his powers he remembered his mission. I even think he secretly hoped his son's powers would never emerge so that he could continue playing pretend.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show was dope and got me ready to read the comic. Its crazy how many dope concepts and comics came from biting superman. Homelander scared me but he was just a narcissist that loved breast milk while omni man is legit terrifying. An intergalactic white supremacist

:ohhh:

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
He must have been very conflicted then, because if he didn't care at all why go through all the trouble of lying, hiding proof and shyt, etc

Same thing with all the time he spent pretending to be normal and nice while he could have pulled up and reign as a king from day one.

That's why I think he really believed in this "fake" life and loved the folks around him. But when his son got his powers he remembered his mission. I even think he secretly hoped his son's powers would never emerge so that he could continue playing pretend.
Yeah he went native bruh

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Nolan is strong but he's retarded. He really thought he was going to get away with this and nobody would know? :gucci:

His goal was to weaken the planet's defenses which he did in episode 1.

After Marks powers manifested he started to get things moving. Only thing is Mark resisting wasn't a part of the plan. Or him abandoning his post.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254

Yeah for sure. Also if Omni would've pulled up and announced his intentions from jump, he'd have probably been defeated. The Guardians were almost enough to beat him even when he was caught off guard. Throw in Cecil's resources, every other hero and villain and he'd have most likely lost, or been forced to do some speed bullshyt and start dive bombing cities or something.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Yeah for sure. Also if Omni would've pulled up and announced his intentions from jump, he'd have probably been defeated. The Guardians were almost enough to beat him even when he was caught off guard. Throw in Cecil's resources, every other hero and villain and he'd have most likely lost, or been forced to do some speed bullshyt and start dive bombing cities or something.
I got you, but I think it would have actually been easier for him to pick off the Guardians one by one without having to create this whole scene and fight them at the same time.

A theory I have is that the Guardians actually were planning to body him. I base this off of their reactions when he pulled up to the White House in the 1st episode, they didn't fukk with this dude by this point.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I got you, but I think it would have actually been easier for him to pick off the Guardians one by one without having to create this whole scene and fight them at the same time.

A theory I have is that the Guardians actually were planning to body him. I base this off of their reactions when he pulled up to the White House in the 1st episode, they didn't fukk with this dude by this point.
Im not going to lie. I didnt notice a lot of people believe the guardians didnt like Nolan from the 1st episode. Im 75% sure that wasnt the intention of the scenes youre talking about. Especially considering what Immortal said when attacked them and the characterization of their relationship in the other episodes.