Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it but not enthusiastically. I see many love the absurd carnage and civilian death. That shyt is actually a turns me off. Similar to horror movie stuff it just seems too over the top and morbid.
But the plot, character and world building were really dope. They get an up and running believable planet in a short amount of time which was cool.
Yeah, I would have told homegirl who dumped me for being late to kick rocks.

Part of point of the carnage is the reality of if we're coexisting with superpowered beings and what a battle between superpowered being would take in the gross amount of collateral damage. Compound to the point Nolan aka Omni-Man is making that human life is insignificant to himself and to his race of Supremacists. It SUPPOSE to horrify you and it's suppose to turn you off. It's not meant to be glamorized. Omni-Man's entire message to Mark was all that superhero shyt is meaningless with dire consequences no matter what.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Part of point of the carnage is the reality of if we're coexisting with superpowered beings and what a battle between superpowered being would take in the gross amount of collateral damage. Compound to the point Nolan aka Omni-Man is making that human life is insignificant to himself and to his race of Supremacists. It SUPPOSE to horrify you and it's suppose to turn you off. It's not meant to be glamorized. Omni-Man's entire message to Mark was all that superhero shyt is meaningless with dire consequences no matter what.

ya...granted some folks are reacting gleefully to those scenes but I agree with you regarding the actual intention behind them

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
See you can stop right there. There is no such reality, it's all made up whether carnage filled like you think it would play out or not. So what they decided to make up didn't appeal to me. Because it's a cartoon it made me laugh how absurd it was and took me out of the serious moment Mark and Nolan were attenpting to have.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
the never say how long he was in flaxan time, but it probably wasnt long enough fr him to increase his stregnth. the OG guardians were no slouches. fake flash and immortal were legit, thats probably why he didnt just try to take over the planet off rip.
He didnt know if humans and viltrumites were compatible. Immortal never stood any chance.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

:francis:

if you can cause an avalanche with a punch, you aren’t having a fight in a city that doesn’t level an entire city.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
who’s worse, omniman or homelander??
It's interesting because so far homelander doesn't seem to want to conquer the world since the world is his playground. At the same time If the positions were switched I don't see homelander stopping himself from killing Mark :patrice:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The invasion.
It's very simple. If Omni-Man had impregnated women around the world, then he could've created an army of sleeper cells who could be loyal to the empire (If you need a definition of sleeper cells, read this: sleeper cell - Dictionary.com )
If Omni-Man on his own could bring the US to its knees, then imagine what 50 (or more) Omni-Men could do to planet. With a cadre of his own offspring, Omni-Man could easily conquer Earth.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
It's very simple. If Omni-Man had impregnated women around the world, then he could've created an army of sleeper cells who could be loyal to the empire (If you need a definition of sleeper cells, read this: sleeper cell - Dictionary.com )
If Omni-Man on his own could bring the US to its knees, then imagine what 50 (or more) Omni-Men could do to planet. With a cadre of his own offspring, Omni-Man could easily conquer Earth.

As fast as he may be, I don't think Omni-Man would be capable of instilling his mentality into 50 households while only being in the lives of 50 half-human children part-time AND moonlighting as a hero to scout the Guardians.

Remember, he was there for Mark to idolize and love for 17 years and THEN he had to train him to use his powers once they kicked in.

You'd most likely end up in a predicament where you have 48 half-Viltrumite kids like Mark coming together recruiting the Guardians to foil you.

Last edited:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Omni devasted the flaxans entire planet who were a million times more advanced the Earth. He could have taken over Earth in an afternoon himself. Why would he go through all that extra work? If Mark went against him why would he make an army of people who could potentially revolt against viltrum? What brainwashing techniques did omni man show to create sleeper cells? IM NOT GOING TO SPOIL. But this is a horrrible plan if we go by the comics and if you really watch season 1 its obvious why.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Omni devasted the flaxans entire planet who were a million times more advanced the Earth. He could have taken over Earth in an afternoon himself. Why would he go through all that extra work? If Mark went against him why would he make an army of people who could potentially revolt against viltrum? What brainwashing techniques did omni man show to create sleeper cells? IM NOT GOING TO SPOIL. But this is a horrrible plan if we go by the comics and if you really watch season 1 its obvious why.
A small group of humans beat the Flaxans three times in a row. OmniMan beating them was like young Shaq playing 21 against a team of 6th graders. It wasn't that impressive. Also, if you really watched season 1, you would've seen the flaxons were still active in the closing montage.
Also, by your logic, Nolan seeding up Mark's mom was a waste of time when he could've conquered earth 17 years prior.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, if any of Nolan's other children revolted like Mark did, then he could've killed them before they became a major threat to his orders.
These are simple concepts, breh.
:yeshrug:
Also, thx for not spoiling.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
who’s worse, omniman or homelander??
Omni-Man. He's probably hundreds of years old and squashed 100s of "earths". He has a whole empire of people like him that sort of justifies what he's saying. And he's a trained fighter with a military mentality. Homelander is overpowered grown-child. He's also alone and there are other people who could probably combine to kill him. Also, Homelander was on some weak ass shyt where he wanted people to like him. And just comparing them as parents. Omniman literally sat up there like "i could just make another you, 18 years is nothing to me".