Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
If I remember correctly (from the comics), yeah, he really caught the beats while taking them out.

One thing to keep in mind is that he's not a 1:1 Superman analogy. He's strong, but other people with powers can be threats to him. Also, in the third episode the government agent suggested he might not be at peak strength fighting the Kaiju.

Without spoiling anything, him getting waxed gets explained.
Nah in the comics they never saw him coming.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
And I fukks with the comics and I wonder will it he as gory and have that infamous rape scene in the animation. I suspect they gonna tone it down
Nah Amazon doesn't seem to give a fukk. They'll probably keep it in.
Not that I care either way. It was largely inconsequential.
The kid Markus was a useless thing added on. Didn't need to be in the story.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
If I remember correctly (from the comics), yeah, he really caught the beats while taking them out.

One thing to keep in mind is that he's not a 1:1 Superman analogy. He's strong, but other people with powers can be threats to him. Also, in the third episode the government agent suggested he might not be at peak strength fighting the Kaiju.

Without spoiling anything, him getting waxed gets explained.
100%. Superman is almost always the top Kryptonian. One on one he wins 99% of the time.

Omniman is above average for a Viltrumite but there are other Viltrumites much stronger than him.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Nah Amazon doesn't seem to give a fukk. They'll probably keep it in.
Not that I care either way. It was largely inconsequential.
The kid Markus was a useless thing added on. Didn't need to be in the story.
Yeah just finished episode 1 :merchant:

I guess they’ll go all out :merchant:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah in the comics they never saw him coming.

Right, but if I remember correctly

Mark actually getting his powers caught him off guard (since he got them late as compared to him), and forced his hand to actually do the job he was there to do, so he was sloppy. Although in fairness, I read that pretty close to when it originally came out, so I could be wrong. What's certain is that they definitely moved this up in the timeline from the comics, though.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Can you comic brehs resist the urge to stop hinting at shyt? Experience is kind of ruined when you already have the expectation of something big happening. If not I can just exit the thread until the end of the season.

This.

I was tempted to post a link to a website where you can read all of the comics without any kind of downloading necessary but because of this reason I probably better not.

I read the series very long time ago and not to the end and I barely remember the plot now, which is a good thing because it all feels relatively new.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Can you comic brehs resist the urge to stop hinting at shyt? Experience is kind of ruined when you already have the expectation of something big happening. If not I can just exit the thread until the end of the season.

I agree.
But, to be honest, if I didn't know something "big" was going to happen at the end of the first episode, I might have actually turned it off.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

they swear they don't be spoiling nothing.

shyt's gotten pathetic. Cats literally have to make separate threads so folks can stop ruining shyt nowadays.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I agree.
But, to be honest, if I didn't know something "big" was going to happen at the end of the first episode, I might have actually turned it off.

":damn: oh shyt did yall see that ending"

is a lot different from

":ooh: I can't wait until yall see this arc and this character show up at this time :banderas:"

or even worse, they post that same shyt every week

It's like trying to watch a TV show/Movie while somebody constantly going ":gladbron: okay watch this watch this this one of the best parts watch! Watch! Hold on! here it go! :banderas:"

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
":damn: oh shyt did yall see that ending"

is a lot different from

":ooh: I can't wait until yall see this arc and this character show up at this time :banderas:"

or even worse, they post that same shyt every week

It's like trying to watch a TV show/Movie while somebody constantly going ":gladbron: okay watch this watch this this one of the best parts watch! Watch! Hold on! here it go! :banderas:"
In their defense the comic ended 3 years ago and its not their fault other people don't read comics.