Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
The ending of episode one:unimpressed:

Its good so far. Never read the comic but why does there always have to be a Superman type character:patrice:
Because Superman is probably the GOAT fictional character:yeshrug:.

There are so many possible interpretations of him. Immigrant story, Nature vs Nature, Jesus figure, etc.
Even other fictional charters are essentially Superman but x. Blue Marvel is "What if Superman was a Black Man in the 60's-70's."

One of the more common interpretations is the whole "A god trying/pretending to be a man."
The idea of a Superman figure, who is outwardly good, being as fallible and imperfect as any human being is fascinating to some.

Personally I'm tired of the evil Superman trope. Just let him be good.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Something I thought of looking back at the "planet destroying" scene.
Don't spoil me if its a "major" spolier, but does OmniMan not have any heat/laser vision or equivalent range skills? It seems like he fights by physically flying into things.

In my mind I'm doing the old childish "who would win?" scenario, and I'm wondering if he would have any way to stand up to Homelander if they started off at a distance :yeshrug:

No spoilers.

In the comics, Viltrumites do not have heat vision or energy blasts or anything like that. Supposedly they don't even have super senses (which makes no sense). They are Kryptonians without the extra stuff. Super strong, fast, durable and can fly. They do get stronger the more they workout and the older they get. They also have extended life spans.

Omniman would wreck Homelander imo. He seems much faster and stronger. In Ep 2. The dude was blitzing around continents of that one planet in seconds.
Comic book Omniman would be an even worse fight.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
No spoilers.

In the comics, Viltrumites do not have heat vision or energy blasts or anything like that. Supposedly they don't even have super senses (which makes no sense). They are Kryptonians without the extra stuff. Super strong, fast, durable and can fly. They do get stronger the more they workout and the older they get. They also have extended life spans.

Omniman would wreck Homelander imo. He seems much faster and stronger. In Ep 2. The dude was blitzing around continents of that one planet in seconds.
Comic book Omniman would be an even worse fight.

Yeah, but from what we saw (on the show), the rest of the Guardians team beat OmniMan half to death and put him in a coma. And Homelander's eye lasers (as depicted on The Boys show) hit a lot harder than what the Guardians (on the show) were doing.

No matter how fast OmniMan can fly, the speed of the "sweep" of Homelander's eyes can move between two far away points faster than the speed to light because of:
Lighthouse paradox - Wikipedia

So if Homelander saw Omniman coming (from a certain LONG distance away) I think he could win.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, but from what we saw (on the show), the rest of the Guardians team beat OmniMan half to death and put him in a coma. And Homelander's eye lasers (as depicted on The Boys show) hit a lot harder than what the Guardians (on the show) were doing.

No matter how fast OmniMan can fly, the speed of the "sweep" of Homelander's eyes can move between two far away points faster than the speed to light because of:

So if Homelander saw Omniman coming (from a certain LONG distance away) I think he could win.
Homelander still has to charge up and aim. He gets bullrushed and given the guardian treatment. Also regardless of real life physics homelanders beams arent instant which makes sense the photons themselves arent hurting anyone its the heat and concussive force traveling behind them. Also given what happens in the comic that isnt enough to take him down anyway.

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous

Omniman would wash homelander

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Homelander still has to charge up and aim. He gets bullrushed and given the guardian treatment. Also regardless of real life physics homelanders beams arent instant which makes sense the photons themselves arent hurting anyone its the heat and concussive force traveling behind them. Also given what happens in the comic that isnt enough to take him down anyway.

That leads me to another question, but I fear the answer might be a spoiler:
Did OmniMan REALLY get hurt by the Guardians, or was he faking it to try to fool "Hellboy" and and other investigators?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That leads me to another question, but I fear the answer might be a spoiler:
Did OmniMan REALLY get hurt by the Guardians, or was he faking it to try to fool "Hellboy" and and other investigators?

If I remember correctly (from the comics), yeah, he really caught the beats while taking them out.

One thing to keep in mind is that he's not a 1:1 Superman analogy. He's strong, but other people with powers can be threats to him. Also, in the third episode the government agent suggested he might not be at peak strength fighting the Kaiju.

Without spoiling anything, him getting waxed gets explained.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Never read the comics or anything but I fukk with this heavy .

Zoned out on episode one a few days ago ,finished it today and HAD to binge the rest .

Maybe I been sleeping on animated shyt ,give me some recommendations like this if it exist