Official Infamous Second Son Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
breh, i'm not saying they should tack on some BS multiplayer mode. y'all keep going from 1 extreme to the another. i'll go back to the uncharted series. dudes originally said the game didn't need a MP, then part 2 came through with a MP that crushed buildings. had varied modes, a great co-op campaign, and it wasn't just "tacked on"
Uncharted has the game play for multiplayer, shyt plays a lot like gears.

Uncharted basically boils down to a linear point a to point b shooter. One of the best but still very simple. The type of game that benefits to most from multiplayer.

I don't think sandbox games translate that well but anything is possible if games like dark souls can incorporate a unique mp experience.

It's possible but I'd much rather the single player be 10 hours longer instead, if I had to pick between the two

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
are you not basically shooting spells? how is it not like a shooter? and it's infamous platforming/shooting mechanics is similar to uncharted 2-3 IMO, w/o the spells
:comeon:

OK now you sounding like meech comparing uncharted to rise with how your breaking these games down to simple mechanics

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think sandbox games translate that well but anything is possible if games like dark souls can incorporate a unique mp experience.

It's possible but I'd much rather the single player be 10 hours longer instead, if I had to pick between the two

i don't see why it's not possible to have both

and i disagree with your assertion that sandbox games don't translate into online games well. gta v had a great shot at it, but it was ruined because of lack of fun missions, hacking, and the money component.

i know i would love a nice 12/12 in 1 part of the map, a co-op campaign, varied gameplay modes, like fighting to get to blast shards to power up. either way, after listening to sucker punch talk about the MP mode, i have a feeling they'll include it in the next installment. :umad:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:

OK now you sounding like meech comparing uncharted to rise with how your breaking these games down to simple mechanics
i've always felt the infamous and uncharted series share the same platforming and fighting mechanics. one is shooting with guns and rocket launchers, where as the other comes out of dudes hands. only difference is a few differences like flying, gliding, levitating; which could also be implemented in the game.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
i don't see why it's not possible to have both

and i disagree with your assertion that sandbox games don't translate into online games well. gta v had a great shot at it, but it was ruined because of lack of fun missions, hacking, and the money component.

i know i would love a nice 12/12 in 1 part of the map, a co-op campaign, varied gameplay modes, like fighting to get to blast shards to power up. either way, after listening to sucker punch talk about the MP mode, i have a feeling they'll include it in the next installment. :umad:
And I feel like gta5 story mode suffered alot because of the mp, which ended up being shyt.

Sorry breh, I'm just the type that feels like any resources dedicated to a half ass mp mode are resources that didn't go into making the single player better.

Infamous was made by a team of 80 people btw, pretty damn small team to be expecting the moon and stars.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
i've always felt the infamous and uncharted series share the same platforming and fighting mechanics. one is shooting with guns and rocket launchers, where as the other comes out of dudes hands. only difference is a few differences like flying, gliding, levitating; which could also be implemented in the game.

:stopitslime:
I think ryse has more in common with uncharted than infamous does.

You not really trying to go down this road are you?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I feel like gta5 story mode suffered alot because of the mp, which ended up being shyt.

Sorry breh, I'm just the type that feels like any resources dedicated to a half ass mp mode are resources that didn't go into making the single player better.

Infamous was made by a team of 80 people btw, pretty damn small team to be expecting the moon and stars.
i think the gta 5 story suffered because they tried to have 3 different protagonist appeal to every demographic. but it could be argued that it was because of the MP :yeshrug:

and i applaud suckerpunch for making such a great game w/80 peoples. still, the campaign is short and it needs a MP component. i know people here will disagree, but i think MOST games need one if it's under 12 hours.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:
I think ryse has more in common with uncharted than infamous does.

You not really trying to go down this road are you?

i've never played ryse, so i couldn't tell ya. but the meelee combat and platforming are exactly the same in infamous and uncharted games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i think the gta 5 story suffered because they tried to have 3 different protagonist appeal to every demographic. but it could be argued that it was because of the MP :yeshrug:

and i applaud suckerpunch for making such a great game w/80 peoples. still, the campaign is short and it needs a MP component. i know people here will disagree, but i think MOST games need one if it's under 12 hours.
The game is like 30 hours long though.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
"When your DualShock 4′s battery drains out, Delsin Rowe will keep running out of the danger area and hide himself behind cover.

He recounts his experience as follows: “While I was in the middle of a pretty heated fight my controller’s battery died and disconnected. Delsin kept running on the screen and I was convinced he was going to just keep running straight and cause me to leave the fighting area. But, instead he ran out of the danger area and hid behind cover. I know it’s simple, but what an amazingly convenient feature.”

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/infamous-seco...hock-4s-battery-drain-out#v87gTxep4Lijp4Tu.99

:ohhh:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game is like 30 hours long though.

maybe if you're going to 100% and play it again as evil -- which by the way, i think is a corny way to extend gameplay. the whole morality meter is retarded

w/o all the wings and bells, infamous platforming is just like drakes. the fighting is the same as well. prove me wrong