Official Hawkeye Season 1 Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
nikkas in here need to chill :russ: some people irritated because some people have their on opinion and like the show, some crying over kingpin’s shirt, I mean y’all don’t have to watch this shyt :mjlol:, I enjoyed the show :yeshrug:

Lol…. The post above about to be devastating for them:lolbron:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Listen. Nothing about the Yelena story makes sense.

Nat died on a distant planet. How the f—k would Val know what happened?

:dwillhuh:

Even if Val wasn't the female Nick Fury (don't be surprised if they have romantic history in the MCU), the legend of the blip and how it was resolved is not a secret. Her running point for clandestine operations means she has even more details than the average person about everything.

Hired assassins don’t need reasons.

Yelena does need a reason. She has been spending more of her time freeing her fellow hired assasins than taking kill orders. Approaching her like a straight up weapon you can point at anybody for any reason is the kind of shyt she has been rescuing her sisters from. The only way to point her in the direction you want is to make it emotionally appealing in the context of her real mission.

If she thought Barton was this murder with so much blood on his hands, why would it matter if he and Nat told personal stories. He’s a killer. People kill their friends. Eleanor betrayed her fiancé.Maya’s uncle betrayed her father.

There was a missing story beat where he showed he’s willing to make that sacrifice for Kate and Yelena sees him as Nat did.

Love it or hate it Black Widow has a lot of feminist undertones. Look at the scene where she's rescuing her sister from...nothing. She's like what you think some big bad man has me trapped here? I been getting it how I live..choosing to be the villan, unlike Nat.

Clint, the last person (a man) to see her sister alive is a proxy for men in general. Initially using Kate to get to Clint, she actually comes to see her like a sister. If she's been keeping close tabs on her the duration of the show, she already KNOWS that Clint isn't palling around with Kate for the fukk of it. He could have easily ler her hold her own nuts and went to have Christmas with his family.

Now is that a missing story beat? It didn't feel like it to me but I can see that argument. A quick scene of her survailing Kate (and Clint) before popping up in her hideout could have made it more clear.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Even if Val wasn't the female Nick Fury (don't be surprised if they have romantic history in the MCU), the legend of the blip and how it was resolved is not a secret. Her running point for clandestine operations means she has even more details than the average person about everything.

Clandestine info doesn’t matter. There were no security cameras on the planet.If Clint wanted to lie, who was going to tell a different story? Nobody. Fury knows Peter Parker cause he has eyes everywhere.

And whatever the official story is, we’ve already seen that society has twisted things into conspiracy like Steve being on the moon.

Yelena does need a reason. She has been spending more of her time freeing her fellow hired assasins than taking kill orders. Approaching her like a straight up weapon you can point at anybody for any reason is the kind of shyt she has been rescuing her sisters from. The only way to point her in the direction you want is to make it emotionally appealing in the context of her real mission.
I can buy that.

Love it or hate it Black Widow has a lot of feminist undertones. Look at the scene where she's rescuing her sister from...nothing. She's like what you think some big bad man has me trapped here? I been getting it how I live..choosing to be the villan, unlike Nat.

I think you missed the other point of that scene. Yelena was acting off misinformation. Working from an emotional assumption instead of what was actually going on. The same thing she did with Clint.

Clint, the last person (a man) to see her sister alive is a proxy for men in general. Initially using Kate to get to Clint, she actually comes to see her like a sister. If she's been keeping close tabs on her the duration of the show, she already KNOWS that Clint isn't palling around with Kate for the fukk of it. He could have easily ler her hold her own nuts and went to have Christmas with his family.

Now is that a missing story beat? It didn't feel like it to me but I can see that argument. A quick scene of her survailing Kate (and Clint) before popping up in her hideout could have made it more clear.

I’m not arguing the feminist undertones but I didn’t think the Kate, Clint, Yelena dynamic was working from it.

In the Yelena/Kate apartment scene Yelena basically says why she was there and what the character dynamic was.

Yelena(paraphrase):Words don’t matter. People’s actions tell who they truly are.

Yelena accuses Clint of being there to protect his reputation(which he was), but he stayed to help Kate.

That’s why she said saving the dog gave her points. Kate’s actions showed who she was.
When Kate challenged her about the kind of person who would hire her. She showed Kate her mother’s actions for Kingpin( not the loving words she’d said in the series)
Kate admired Clint because of his actions at the Battle of NY.

But in the final confrontation with Clint, his words saved him, but it should have been an action.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Clandestine info doesn’t matter. There were no security cameras on the planet.If Clint wanted to lie, who was going to tell a different story? Nobody. Fury knows Peter Parker cause he has eyes everywhere.

And whatever the official story is, we’ve already seen that society has twisted things into conspiracy like Steve being on the moon.

I didn't know you meant beyond a reasonable doubt lol, Val used her knowledge, first hand or not to her advantage.

I think you missed the other point of that scene. Yelena was acting off misinformation. Working from an emotional assumption instead of what was actually going on. The same thing she did with Clint.

I didn't miss the point at all. She def was acting off misinformation but her mission (feminism) also informed how and why she was moving. She was trying to rescue her sister from being forced to kill for money yet finds out even as a former Widow, she has agency. Contract or not, she does too, at least now.

I’m not arguing the feminist undertones but I didn’t think the Kate, Clint, Yelena dynamic was working from it.

That's a dynamic that will always be in the background with Yelena. Def influences how she feels about Kate, how could it not influence how willing she'd be to believe that Clint killed Nat as opposed to her making a sacrifice?

In the Yelena/Kate apartment scene Yelena basically says why she was there and what the character dynamic was.

Yelena(paraphrase):Words don’t matter. People’s actions tell who they truly are.

Yelena accuses Clint of being there to protect his reputation(which he was), but he stayed to help Kate.

That’s why she said saving the dog gave her points. Kate’s actions showed who she was.
When Kate challenged her about the kind of person who would hire her. She showed Kate her mother’s actions for Kingpin( not the loving words she’d said in the series)
Kate admired Clint because of his actions at the Battle of NY.

But in the final confrontation with Clint, his words saved him, but it should have been an action.

I think Yelena had eased up on killing Clint before the final fight, but as you said she still needed an emotional release, she came there for blood. His words saved him not only because of Nat but because his actions leading up to that were congruent with him being an ally...

Merry Christmas btw lol

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

NAH THIS ISNT THE
CASE ANYMORE...

SHES BEEN GONE FOR 5 YRS
SO THAT SHIP HAS SAILED.

WHEN SHE CAME BACK
HER RICH ASSASSIN BUDDY HOOKED
HER UP WITH VAL
AND SHES BEEN DOING HITS
FOR HER CLIENTS.
:devil:
:evil:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Merry Christmas !!

I didn't know you meant beyond a reasonable doubt lol, Val used her knowledge, first hand or not to her advantage.
No I’m talking from Yelena’s perspective. If someone comes to me telling me some important hard to get information that’s important to me….“How do you know?”

Since like you said she doesn’t just take any job without reason.

She took a job without knowing. Maybe Val is some super connected person, but we don’t know a thing about her.

So they setup Yelena as easy manipulated emotionally.

I didn't miss the point at all. She def was acting off misinformation but her mission (feminism) also informed how and why she was moving. She was trying to rescue her sister from being forced to kill for money yet finds out even as a former Widow, she has agency. Contract or not, she does too, at least now.
But the thematic connection between the contract killer Widow and Clint wasn’t feminism. It was Yelena would allow her emotional state to override her ability to look objectively.

Ronin’s jobs were contracts too. But she held such disdain for him having the Avengers name as a shield.

So when Kate tossed it back at her about who hired her. It did get to her that she was being manipulated but she still went forward cause she wanted to be emotionally manipulated. Val just confirmed her bias to blame someone,

That's a dynamic that will always be in the background with Yelena. Def influences how she feels about Kate, how could it not influence how willing she'd be to believe that Clint killed Nat as opposed to her making a sacrifice?

But it wasn’t Nat’s decision that changed her mind about believing him.

He straight told her and she said you should have tried harder to die. That’s an anti-Feminist stance (Nat had agency)

Him proving with the whistle sound how close they were stopped her. But again, that’s not new information.

She only stopped cause the writers wanted an emotional moment for Yelena.

I think Yelena had eased up on killing Clint before the final fight, but as you said she still needed an emotional release, she came there for blood. His words saved him not only because of Nat but because his actions leading up to that were congruent with him being an ally...

Merry Christmas btw lol

I didn’t see her easing up on him. He just had plot armor.

His actions as an Avenger didn’t matter( Yelena’s words) and nothing he did in those six eps isn’t anything he hadn’t done.

Like I said it was missing the beat where he proved he would have made that ultimate sacrifice for Kate thus proving it was Nat’s decision alone.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Outside of more Florence Pugh, this series was...

mjf-aew.gif

Black Widow was w/e so I forgot about the ending credit scene and how it tied in with the show. So don't try and "umm well actually" me, they made a mistake and now gotta work harder to make that shyt make sense in the next project with Yelena.