Official Hawkeye Season 1 Thread

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
is no reason for her to give a shyt about the interworkings of Elenor, kingpin, Kate, etc

She had a blood fued with Hawkeye, why would she have a hidden fukkin camera on the kingpin to expose who was paying her to her daughter and really to fukk up her own hit :heh:

I usually don't do this shyt and didn't for no way home but wow this story was terrible
Thinking back on it, it really doesn't make sense.

I can only think that Yelena took a liking to Kate. She held back on Kate when they were fighting in the office building/elevator as well. She probably was looking out for her, for reasons we don't know quite yet.
THIS IS JUST TRASH.

SHE GAVE UP THE 2 BIGGEST
REVEALS OF THE SERIES
WITH ZERO EXPLANATION
ONLY TO SPEND THE LAST EP
TRYING TO KILL CLINT.
:devil:
:evil:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
THIS IS JUST TRASH.

SHE GAVE UP THE 2 BIGGEST
REVEALS OF THE SERIES
WITH ZERO EXPLANATION
ONLY TO SPEND THE LAST EP
TRYING TO KILL CLINT.

I agree. Unless they decide to go full on lesbian romance between the two later on, I guess? :mjlol:

To be honest she should have killed Clint also. There was nothing he said in that conversation between them that was truly convincing. :yeshrug:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I agree. Unless they decide to go full on lesbian romance between the two later on, I guess? :mjlol:

To be honest she should have killed Clint also. There was nothing he said in that conversation between them that was truly convincing. :yeshrug:
:troll:YOU DIDNT HEAR THE WHISTLE?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Aquaman of the Avengers had the strongest finale on Disney Plus. I really don't understand it logically but ok.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
?

Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki had way stronger finales than this.
Loki, was strong and changed the game. I give you that. I don't see it with Cap America though. This ending was consistent with the action, mixed with the future of the mcu. Just a simple story.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

He fukking whistled a tune from her childhood. :stopitslime:Granted Hawkeye is far from Supes/Batman status but that was “Martha” levels of terrible.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
He fukking whistled a tune from her childhood. :stopitslime:Granted Hawkeye is far from Supes/Batman status but that was “Martha” levels of terrible.
Yeah, that was trash.

plus it didn't make sense. She already knew he was friends with Natasha, she was aware she was part of the avengers and worked with Hawkeye. Just saying yeah we talked some while we worked together shouldn't have been enough to change her mind about killing him if she thought he betrayed that friendship. Dude just whistled and she was like "How did you know that sound?:damn:"

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This was marketed as a family friendly Christmas show. That lined up with Christmas.

And people are complaining about it not being dark and gloomy? :mjlol:

Keep in mind, I enjoyed the show.

But one of the biggest selling points of the Hawkeye series is it's connection to the characters from the Netflix shows, which did grounded/street level story telling at the highest levels of TV when it comes to comic book anything. A lot of people were tuning in just to see how that connection was handled in Disney + first grounded/street level show.

I can't help but think about how dope Hawkeye would have been on Netflix. More episodes (probably too many, but I digress), more character development and yes, darker, more violent and writing that wasn't put in place to make sure it rests on a 'family friendly' line.

Marvel Studios has done some amazing unprecidented shyt. Not flawless but got damn they have built up a lot of well earned brand loyalty. But if they decide to keep letting the Disney brand box them into streamlining the demographics like they do for the films, they're going to lose some of that loyalty.

Last edited: