Official Hawkeye Season 1 Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Like no one was clamoring for a Kingpin appearance in Hawkeye. It’s so weird they thought this needed another character to introduce or even have you use him,

Could have just been Tombstone and got the same effect.
You already know Tombstone, Hammerhead, and the other crime bosses are laughing at this nikka behind the scenes after finding out what Kate Bishop did to him.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I understood the tone of the show just fine and its charm was one of the reasons why I kept watching.

I’m not expecting Goddard’s version of Wilson Fisk to appear on a Disney+ show….that was never happening from the jump. Kingpin directly going after someone by himself was interesting. It’s like the writers bumped up his strength attributes and lowered his intelligence here. No issue with him falling short in the end, it’s just the way that it’s executed after all that buildup that doesn’t scream Kingpin of Crime. I’ll let it rock though.

I don’t care if the musical bit is intentionally ridiculous, it ain’t my cup of tea. One of those moments where I’m reminded of the show’s target demographic and that Disney is running it.
I was only referencing the musical being ridiculous but now that you mention Fisk

I think he was portrayed in line with the tone of the show. Future iterations of Fisk can and will very likely be darker. Not Netflix dark obviously but something more in line with Falcoln/Winter Soldier

However I've always been against "Wait to see what they do" explanations so I don't blame nikkas for not liking this version of Fisk for whatever reason

This show had a very specific tone that some nikkas aint fukkin with :manny: it's whatever

This is interestingly the most polarizing Marvel show. It's either nikkas favorite MCU show or trash:mjlol:

Last edited:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
So kinda what I thought

They're not going to be able to capture the same energy of the Kingpin or Daredevil. They were too dark for Disney...

I only watched the first scene with him in it so maybe it could get better.. Vincent is delivering his lines the same way but something with the scene itself seemed off..

Daps
So kinda what I thought

They're not going to be able to capture the same energy of the Kingpin or Daredevil. They were too dark for Disney...

I only watched the first scene with him in it so maybe it could get better.. Vincent is delivering his lines the same way but something with the scene itself seemed off..

It's the tone that the director is using that's the problem.

And again I'm not asking for them to make him Netflix levels of dark. Just don't make him into a damn goofball.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It's the tone that the director is using that's the problem.

And again I'm not asking for them to make him Netflix levels of dark. Just don't make him into a damn goofball.
I think part of the problem is the Netflix Underworld was written in the wake of the 2012 Avengers leaving a city ripe for corruption. So we were invested in DD and Fisk going at it from that angle.

They haven’t really given us insight into what the street level situation is.

This was also the problem with the Flag Smashers cause in Falcon they did give us a basic setup for what was going on.

The need something like Damage a Couple and vulture were to flesh things out.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny one one of ya saying “Ralph Beoner”

when ironically the only thing Ralph Beoner about this ep was

the reveal that the fiancé didn’t kill his uncle and was really legit a good guy.

I remember both twitter and everyone in this thread…. Me included…. assumed dude was a bad guy and probably gonna be the villain based off his creepiness, his look, and the way he played that character

But in the end he really was innocent and just a good guy:russ:

talk about unpredictability :lolbron:

somebody in here said he has resting supervillain face lol, if you watch better call Saul you’d agree

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
All the Yelena/Kate stuff was great to me. The elevator scene and their ensuing fight.

I liked seeing all the trick arrows and the majority of the light-hearted comedy bits worked for me.

From an emotional standpoint, the Yelena/Clint conversation was the highpoint for me :ehh:

Jack was having fun out there :pachaha:. When ol girl tried to recruit him

Jack: Larping.......What is that some kind of leisure activity? :mjlol:

They did have a lot to juggle and agree with some of the comments that Kingpin wasn't absolutely needed, with the way they built him up. He did treat Kate like a minor nuisance and was tossing her around, I didn't get the sense he was really trying to hurt her and was more focused on the mom.

No one believes he is gone from that final scene either :stopitslime:. Some of the Maya stuff didn't hit as hard because they had so much to juggle.

Also they could have cut that whole watch subplot :skip:

Overall thought the series was a great introduction for Kate Bishop and brought some closure to the whole Ronin thing, something previously I didn't really care about.