Official Hateful Eight Thread

pop

Banned
Daps
shyt looks like trash tbh. The script sucks to, but I was hoping he had heavily rewritten it.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
The trailer is a let down, but i'll still watch it.

I was hoping for a western, bank robbing type of film...but this is some kinda Resevoir Dogs, western, mystery film in one location.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
For the people who say this looks eh, did you have the same thoughts on Django trailer?

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
And Im glad Christopher Waltz ins't in this film.. His signature character/act was played out since Inglarious b*stards and he shoulda never gotten that role in Django

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
And Im glad Christopher Waltz ins't in this film.. His signature character was played out in Inglarious b*stards and he shoulda never gotten that role in Django

I thought he was good in Django, but the performance didn't touch what he did in Inglorious b*stards. On the other hand I wasn't a fan of Foxx's performance and wish Idris Elba had won the role...

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
I thought he was good in Django, but the performance didn't touch what he did in Inglorious b*stards. On the other hand I wasn't a fan of Foxx's performance and wish Idris Elba had won the role...

I think Jaime Foxx did okay in the movie (not Oscar worthy).. Couple scenes/ lines here and there I wish he did differently but overall I was satisfied..

Optically I don't think having a British Actor play and American slave wouldn't have went over well with QT's black fan base..

White people wouldn't have cared ,but I think QT is very conscious of our presence

Now that I think about it, I think that because Django was an American story having a German in the lead role threw it off a bit, but Quentin was just too hell bent on riding dudes wave from Inglorious b*stards.

If Nicholas Cage or Kevin Costner had that same role:ohlawd:

:jbhmm:

:lupe:

:pachaha:

Last edited:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
What exactly is the big deal about filming in 70mm?

There's a documentary about film and how Hollywood switched to digital and how George Lucas was at the forefront of all that that goes into detail about a lot of stuff. I can't recall if it was the best documentary ever but it certainly was informative. It's called Side by Side and it's produced by Keanu Reeves.

Film purists are a big circle jerk group like any other but they have valid points as to why they use it, too.

I agree with all but the last bit. Idris Elba's American accent is incredibly shaky. When he's allowed to use his natural voice that's a different story. Like I truly and wholeheartedly believe that any time he's onscreen with that bland ass Chris Hemsworth he outshines him. Even in the small part he had in Ultron.