Official Hateful Eight Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What exactly is the big deal about filming in 70mm?

Film is becoming a thing of the past so shooting on 35mm or 70mm is becoming a rarity as most theaters have digital projections now and most films are shot on digital. So it's just a film purists thing

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Both Revenant and Macbeth look like it is going to blow this shyt out of the water...

I guess in the end I have never been a fan of QT because out of all the movies he has ever made only Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown hold up to me and both hold up because of the superb acting and not QT's writing or directing...

Won't be watching this until it drops in 1080p 5.1 at a torrent site near you

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Both Revenant and Macbeth look like it is going to blow this shyt out of the water...

I guess in the end I have never been a fan of QT because out of all the movies he has ever made only Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown hold up to me and both hold up because of the superb acting and not QT's writing or directing...

Won't be watching this until it drops in 1080p 5.1 at a torrent site near you
Watching Throne of Blood the other day has me so much more pumped for this movie

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Film is becoming a thing of the past so shooting on 35mm or 70mm is becoming a rarity as most theaters have digital projections now and most films are shot on digital. So it's just a film purists thing

It's quality too I believe. If you shoot something on 70mm it loses less of the original quality when it finally reaches the big screen. I'm guessing The Hateful Eight will be in IMAX then???

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a huge fan of Q films but this trailer was meh cause I wasn't impressed but still watch. Q's trailers always leave u like :patrice: but his movies will leave u like:whoo:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Kinda had a been there, done that feeling watching the trailer.
francis.png
I'll probably check it out regardless since it's Tarantino and the cast is pretty loaded. Would be nice to see him tackle a genre he hasn't really touched on yet. Like Sci-fi or something.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What exactly is the big deal about filming in 70mm?

It's high resolution film which provides far greater picture quality over the standard 35mm film, allowing extremely crisp images. Very few movies are shot on 70mm since the standard format is 35mm and most theaters don't even have the projectors for it so unless you got a theater nearby that actually has a 70mm projector, you're probably going to end up watching a converted 35mm version.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's high resolution film which provides far greater picture quality over the standard 35mm film, allowing extremely crisp images. Very few movies are shot on 70mm since the standard format is 35mm and most theaters don't even have the projectors for it so unless you got a theater nearby that actually has a 70mm projector, you're probably going to end up watching a converted 35mm version.
A sci fi film from last year comes to mind :banderas:

:umad: