Official Hateful Eight Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Saw it again last night and I think that's something he was going for but then immediately took it back once she started spewing the racism lol. And like oswaldo said: until they invent a trigger a woman can't pull...

Yeah, that's the thing about women too. They might not even truly believe in the spit that they spew, but just would go there just cuz they know it'd get to the other person. No code whatsoever sometimes.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Saw it in the theater. There were some parts everyone laughed at that I wasn't expecting. My verdict is still out for this movie. I don't know whether I loved it or didn't like it. It's been a few days and I still don't know what my verdict is. I think if I graded it objectively, not knowing who made it, then I'd be a little more harsh. But I do like QT, and and I liked a lot about the movie. I wish it had been 20 mins shorter. The 4 strangers chapter could have been shortened, as could have one of the first 2 (Last Stage to Red Rock and Son of a Gun).

I do think QT's really feeling himself right now, and it shows. I thought there were so many n bombs that it actually took me out of the movie, because a lot of them felt shoe-horned in. I understand it was post Civil War and that a lot of people probably used the word back then, but I'd love to get an n word count between Django and this. It wouldn't surprise me if this actually had more. It's like QT heard people complain after Django and said "fukk it, I'm going to do even more this time."

Sam Jackson and Walton Goggins made the movie IMO. I wonder of Tim Roth's character was meant for Christopher Waltz? Was the Lincoln Letter real or not? Thoughts? I kinda think it was. Did Jackson really make the Southern general's son suck his dikk? I liked how you were never sure what Jackson was saying was true or not.

I wish they gave Michael Madsen a bit more dialogue, but he did good too. I liked Tim Roth, but he really seemed a lot like he was almost doing a Waltz impersonation at times (the bit about justice needing to be dispassionate and when he first asked to see Daisy's county). I didn't hate Channing Tatum as much as some people here, but I thought his part was too small to judge either way.

Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, and Django Unchained are still probably my favorite QT flicks. I have this near Inglorious Basterds, which I didn't like as much as a lot of people did.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
This first hr and a bit was a hard watch for me. I'm just not comfortable with white people randomly calling a blck man ******.

The last hr or so was watchable and funny in some parts. I'm definitely not in a rush to ever see this movie again.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This first hr and a bit was a hard watch for me. I'm just not comfortable with white people randomly calling a blck man ******.

The last hr or so was watchable and funny in some parts. I'm definitely not in a rush to ever see this movie again.

You do know the movie was around civil war time, right?

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I'm watching it again right now. Did anyone ever feel remorse for Jennifer Jason Leigh's character, when she was getting her a$$ whooped in the beginning?

"KICK IT OPEN...2 PIECES OF WOOD"

I never felt remorse, she was a racist murderer. Funny story though, I just saw this in the theater last night and this woman apparently was offended by another guy in the theater who laughed at JJL's character being punched. She and her boyfriend got up and left about 15 minutes in and as she was leaving the row she yelled "Misogynistic b*stard" and threw her popcorn behind her which hit the man who was laughing and he gets up and punches the chick's boyfriend in the head and the boyfriend does nothing. The chick is halfway out the door and yell's "C'mon tim." and the guy that hit Tim eggs him on but he does nothing, the girl threatened to call the cops, but nothing ever happened

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
You dont like history?

If me saying

Means I dont like history. Ok then.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
Saw it last night and I'll give it 8/10. Give me good acting and storyline and you have my $10. I just hated how Minnie made dude ask if her azz was fat. :snoop:

Everybody gets too caught up with the n-word, especially how lose that word has been for decades. I think that people just feel uncomfortable with the n-word and how it was used during that time period in US history. Its hard for some people to really see how America was back in the those times. Hell its hard for people to see how America was in the 60s but that was reality. When I was at the movies watching Django, I saw how everyone (white and black people) was all tensed watching that movie. I like how QT makes the moviewatcher feels uncomfortable. There are certain things that you don't want to see behind American history curtains. Shyt gets ugly fast.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Saw it last night and I'll give it 8/10. Give me good acting and storyline and you have my $10. I just hated how Minnie made dude ask if her azz was fat. :snoop:

Everybody gets too caught up with the n-word, especially how lose that word has been for decades. I think that people just feel uncomfortable with the n-word and how it was used during that time period in US history. Its hard for some people to really see how America was back in the those times. Hell its hard for people to see how America was in the 60s but that was reality. When I was at the movies watching Django, I saw how everyone (white and black people) was all tensed watching that movie. I like how QT makes the moviewatcher feels uncomfortable. There are certain things that you don't want to see behind American history curtains. Shyt gets ugly fast.

Yup