Official Hateful Eight Thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
"boy", "black b*stard" work just fine:sas1:....or better yet,how about black actors have some self respect and stop appearing in his movies just so he can have a reason to throw the word around trolling:sas1:?

If I thought it was for authenticity sake as a period piece I wouldn't have a problem with it,sorry I'm not convinced that's the case with this weirdo.

OK then.
Mine had the image projected to the top. Just from reading other experiences sounds like most multiplex theaters had it either projected to the top or bottom.

Theaters that have actual experience with 70mm are the places to go if you can swing it.

Music Box in Chicago, AFI Silver, Arclight Hollywood, ect

Yea, I thought about going to find a manager during intermission....but the theater (a 24-plex, with the ticketing kiosks crashed) was the busiest I've ever seen a theater. It was a madhouse lol.

The only places around here that may have had experience, the full IMAX theaters that screened The Dark Knight, Interstellar, etc on film didn't get the Roadshow because of Star Wars :beli:

I'll be seeing this again in a couple weeks in the regular release though. Interested to see the difference.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Django's run time was good. There was actually over an hour or so cut from that movie. I do wonder what she would have edited/replaced in the movie. There were a few different shots in the trailer that didn't make the film.

Hateful Eight could have been a GREAT 2hr movie. But still was very good.

I think Tarantino just needs to say fukk it and go to HBO. Just tell them you want to do anthology (4 to 8 episodes) every other year.

His movies seem more like mini-series lately.

If Django were split like Kill Bill, it could have been a masterpiece. I still feel like it needed more of Django actually being the great bounty hunter we're told and briefly shown him being.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Movie was good, i wouldnt watch it again though.

QT needs to do a Spook who sat by the door Type flick to piss off cops lol.

And the N word usage was OD as usual, I kinda feel Kurt Russel didnt wanna say it so he had QT tone it down in his lines

Maybe. I also think that was more in line with the Hangman's character though. He didn't have the same Confederate backstory that the others did...unless I'm forgetting something in the first 30 minutes

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If Django were split like Kill Bill, it could have been a masterpiece. I still feel like it needed more of Django actually being the great bounty hunter we're told and briefly shown him being.

I might need to rewatch Django, i havent see it seen it since it came out in theaters

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yep.

End the 1st movie with them traveling to Candyland. Then the next one would have been just about what's going on there.

The backstory of his wife and how she got to Candyland is :whoo:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Maybe. I also think that was more in line with the Hangman's character though. He didn't have the same Confederate backstory that the others did...unless I'm forgetting something in the first 30 minutes

Nah i think he wouldnt have said the N word at all if it was against his character, he said it a few times.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Nah i think he wouldnt have said the N word at all if it was against his character, he said it a few times.

I forget, which of him and Daisy said "they don't like to be called that" early in the film?

Either way, it's important to understand how common that word was at that time.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in the camp that he made it up. Though others aren't so sure. I'm not sure the film needed it...though in the context of the story, it served it's purpose.

I was thinking about that as well. Just wanted to make the old mans soul burn slow.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The funko pops are dope
1000x600_funko_hateful8.jpg